Geez I couldn't find the Fire KLo thread, maybe it needs a sticky lol.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
This beautiful man.

lowe_zpsd5296049.gif

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
But the pick he got from Philly was used to draft Rob Schremp, and he is almost a point per game player this year in the Swiss "A" League. We also got Jeff Woywitka, who was a throw in in the Pronger trade, who was trader for Lupul, who was traded for Pitkanen, who was traded for Cole, who was traded for O'Sullivan, who was bought out..........So I guess your right.:(

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
using hindsight criticism is not fair.

There is plenty of legit ways to criticize Klowe

edit: plus if you really look at what screwed up the deal, it was ownership, not Klowe. They wanted money in the deal. That doesn't help the GM

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Anyone know who the gm was when the Oil turned down the deal of Corey Perry and a 1st round pick for Mike Comrie?

To be fair, I remember it really well, and nobody was 100% certain that Perry would be a dominant NHLer. I remember lots of pundits questioning his skating ability.

But, he was at the lead of the OHL scoring race, was a big, big boy, and was taken in the 1st round, albeit later on. Those are all pretty big up arrows. And a 1st to boot.

I remember thinking Woywitka, a 1st, and a 3rd was better than Perry and a 1st though.

Hindsight, it's not, but Woywitka was a 1st rounder who played an important role for Canada at the WJCs (where Perry didn't make it, if memory serves).

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Worth mentioning...

The 10 year anniversary of the Comrie trade is in 5 days...

Christ that's scary. I remember, at the time, feeling like the Guerin trade had been so long ago...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Also google why we got troy mallette for graves. Nyr found slats was going for leetch at arbitration and once they could not agree on compensation they lowballed slats knowing full well graves had done nothing to be worth a top dman. Look into the way the oilets got grier and joseph back in the day. That is a fun read

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I couldn't help but imagine the OP as Lloyd from this scene:

weLandedOnTheMoon.jpg

There are plenty of more recent and more relevant ways to criticize Lowe, but bringing up a decade old news is not one of them, IMO.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
To be fair, I remember it really well, and nobody was 100% certain that Perry would be a dominant NHLer. I remember lots of pundits questioning his skating ability.

But, he was at the lead of the OHL scoring race, was a big, big boy, and was taken in the 1st round, albeit later on. Those are all pretty big up arrows. And a 1st to boot.

I remember thinking Woywitka, a 1st, and a 3rd was better than Perry and a 1st though.

Hindsight, it's not, but Woywitka was a 1st rounder who played an important role for Canada at the WJCs (where Perry didn't make it, if memory serves).

I remember thinking it was the most idiotic thing I had ever heard of turning down that deal just because he was trying to extort money from Comrie.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Wasn't the word that the bonus thing came down from the EIG?

#1 The organization was fully aware of all the bonus stuff before hand and could not get or did not get insurgence against it the 2nd year from what I hear.

#2 Only a totally hack stupid organization would ever attempt such a stunt.

#3 We never got any money for any trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad