Confirmed with Link: Geekie re-signs 1 year 2 way 750K

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
I think the 4th line, perhaps this year, is Lorentz-Drury -Geekie, assuming neither winger is claimed by Seattle. Geekie may be better suited on a scoring focused line but he's not top 6 ready. This 4th line combo is interesting since Geekie provides a scoring element and Lorentz is such a good skater and heavy on the puck. Intriguing to me.

Reactions: DaveG and Daeavorn

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

“There has been a lot going on this summer with the Expansion Draft, and the Canes had a lot of big-name guys out there, but it was really nice to get this done,” Geekie told Game On. “Carolina has been good to me, and despite it being a little bit of an unorthodox past two seasons, it’s been a really good experience. It’s all about going out there and doing your best to help the team and just trying to keep getting better every day.”

From the article, he comes across as a very sensible guy...Hope the Canes get to hold on to him.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I could see Geekie being a guy to hang around at the 3rd and 4th line for a few years, have a good year, and hit free agency. Kind of like Brock McGinn will probably do, but obviously with different skillsets. I have to say, I really value players who don't mind putting in the time at the AHL level and being foot soldiers to earn their place. I'm very comfortable going into 21'-22' with some holes in the bottom 6, expecting them to be filled by Geekie, Lorentz, Rees, Drury, and the like. I always think there should be at least one forward and one defense spot open for the taking each year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad