GDT: GDTs: The Final Scene

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
GDTS
After a protracted effort in depth and quality, the GDTs have become time-consuming. My agent and lawyer has authorized an extensive release agreement with HF Boards in order to conduct the scholarly simplicity of presumptuous behavior in perpetuity but only euphemistically. As such, I have opted out of performing the arduous task of ritualistic GDTs.

To paraphrase someone often attributed to murkiness, I have arrived at the net with the puck and in ill humor and decided to take a path of finality and resistance.

If anyone is interested in contributing to the start of game nights, contact a Flyers' mod assigned to this site and that person can be accountable to finalizing the commitment.

This thread is locked to commentary.

2022-23 Preseason Schedule​

DATEOPPONENTTIMESITETHREAD STARTER
Sat., Sept. 24vs. Boston7PMWells Fargo Center
Tue., Sept. 27at Buffalo7PMKeyBank Center
Wed., Sept. 28vs. Washington7PMWells Fargo Center
Sat., Oct. 1at Boston1PMTD Garden
Sun., Oct. 2at NY Islanders7PMUBS Arena
Tue., Oct. 4vs. NY Islanders7PMWells Fargo Center

1662261486163.png

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
This team doesn’t deserve your game day threads, MSE.

This, this and this.

In my eleven years here, MSE's GDTs were what caught my eye at first the most, and what I've enjoyed through the years the most. Informative, entertaining, knowledgeable.
The weird new wave of trolling and toxicity has already put me away from this place, the team and the organization absolutely don't deserve all the hard work put in the GDTs, and I am really sorry to see one of the last few pieces "disappear".
Thank you for all the hands down best GDTs on the site, MSE, and hope all is well with you

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Each of your GDTs was an important history lesson in this (once) proud franchise, @MiamiScreamingEagles. I am saddened but not completely surprised by your decision, given how deeply the Flyers have fallen from their place as an annual Cup contender and model franchise. I hope this is a sabbatical rather than a true retirement because this board will be much the poorer without your contributions to game-day posting.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@MiamiScreamingEagles is the greatest of all time, obviously. Anyone who hasn't done a GDT, especially one of his, really has no idea how much work he put in, and he did it game after game, year after year. He rules. Thanks, boss.

Seconding this. Even filling in the blanks after stealing his template is a feat. Hence my need to hide shortcomings with MS Paint

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Thank you everyone. You are applauded here for offering such sentiments. I thought I had this thread locked to commentary but that ship sailed.

I have wonderful memories of the decades watching the Flyers and no ounce of toxicity whether internal or external can stain that reality. Cantankerous conduct is insignificant and only fosters if allowed.

The Flyers under Ed Snider no longer exist. The pitiful display is secondary to other issues and causes but this isn't the forum for that. The Flyers were an iconic brand. Even if not winning or challenging for a Cup, there was an aura of intervention that formed when the Flyers stepped onto the ice. I don't expect nor do I care for others to agree with any assertation I submit because experiences are personal.

Doing over 90 GDTs a year was once a labor of love and while not arduous, it is time to pass the mantle.

When the GDTs were heightened with multiple pages of information -- a challenge by a former member that was met and surpassed -- that was a fun memory and happier times. When a writer from a visiting city mentioned the GDTs in his newspaper due to the extensive history sections once produced. Another fond memory. Everything was eventually gift-wrapped in a neat package.

Anyway, thanks to the members who bothered to click a "like" button to show appreciation. It was done in part for your consumption and eventual discussion but as the song by Megadeth goes "Time has a way of taking time" and that is something so simple yet something so important.

Time to lighten the mood.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Thanks MSE, you have always done an exemplary job with GDTs.

I’m with you my friend, this franchise died with Ed Snider. They really don’t deserve any of our time, let alone our love. I pray for the day when Comcast sells the team to an owner that actually gives a damn.

The current excuse of an NHL franchise called the Flyers deserve a GDT maker who fits the damaged and dilapidated state of the franchise. I nominate @Lord Defect

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Thanks MSE, you have always done an exemplary job with GDTs.

I’m with you my friend, this franchise died with Ed Snider. They really don’t deserve any of our time, let alone our love. I pray for the day when Comcast sells the team to an owner that actually gives a damn.

The current excuse of an NHL franchise called the Flyers deserve a GDT maker who fits the damaged and dilapidated state of the franchise. I nominate @Lord Defect
GDTs now deserve nothing more then a 5 sec. mspaint banner..

nothing more

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
GDTS
After a protracted effort in depth and quality, the GDTs have become time-consuming. My agent and lawyer has authorized an extensive release agreement with HF Boards in order to conduct the scholarly simplicity of presumptuous behavior in perpetuity but only euphemistically. As such, I have opted out of performing the arduous task of ritualistic GDTs.

To paraphrase someone often attributed to murkiness, I have arrived at the net with the puck and in ill humor and decided to take a path of finality and resistance.

If anyone is interested in contributing to the start of game nights, contact a Flyers' mod assigned to this site and that person can be accountable to finalizing the commitment.

This thread is locked to commentary.

2022-23 Preseason Schedule​

DATEOPPONENTTIMESITETHREAD STARTER
Sat., Sept. 24vs. Boston7PMWells Fargo Center
Tue., Sept. 27at Buffalo7PMKeyBank Center
Wed., Sept. 28vs. Washington7PMWells Fargo Center
Sat., Oct. 1at Boston1PMTD Garden
Sun., Oct. 2at NY Islanders7PMUBS Arena
Tue., Oct. 4vs. NY Islanders7PMWells Fargo Center

View attachment 581532

Ad

Upcoming events