Gdt: Ska - cska 16.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Was Kovalchuk injured last season? Or was it the pressure of an Olympic year? You'd think he'd perform like this every season.

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
Artyukhin needs someone from the team to lend him a pair of balls. 121 kg and doesn't jump Belov for that disgusting hit.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Observing this came the SKA has a better and more deeper line up than CSKA. After Grigorenko - Da Costa - Radulov the CSKA lacked a scoring threat. Prokhorkin didn't show much in this game and Mursak was sadly injured from a dirty hit by Belov. Hopefully Belov will get a two or three game suspension from that. Refs should have called it a 5+20 minutes penalty.

The third and fourth lines of CSKA are pretty average while the SKA can roll three great lines and their fourth line is not bad either.

CSKA was missing Chad Billins from defense. Was he a healthy scratch? Billins is the only minus player among CSKA defensemen and has not been a big scoring threat either. He has been great disappointment.

I think CSKA is really going to need Hjalmarsson assuming they can get him. He would bring another dimension to this team and make the second line (Mursak-Prokhorkin-Hjalmarsson) really good. Hjalmarsson would take some pressure off from Da Costa - Radulov pairing.

I don't see the current CSKA winning SKA in a best of seven series. CSKA is too dependent on Radulov and Da Costa. An injury to either one would be a catastrophe. SKA could lose Ilya to an injury and still be the number one favorite to win the Cup.

E1ement

Jan 17, 2012
I wish Artyukhin would have fought this disgrace of a player, that was definitely a boarding

HockeyCF

Oct 2, 2014
Vienna
Great entertaining game with tons of emotions on both sides. Looking foward to their next confrontation.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I also think Kvartalnov told him to quit his heroics and be a power forward - not a goon to have a spot on the team.
Billins wasn't missing, he just doesn't have a regular spot on the team, as he either hasn't gotten used to the ice surface or just can't cut it in the KHL.
SKA is clearly is deeper team, but last year with a SF's choice of a coach were "fighting" for a 7th spot in the west, and this year we are discussing being able to beat SKA in the play offs.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
The difference is SKA is rolling out 3 high scoring lines and CSKA only has 1. Prohorkhin really slumping after his big year last year. I also expected that someone other than the big line guys would emerge. Have been disappointed by guys like Andronov, Zharkov and Zhafyarov. From what I have saw, these guys are just perimeter players and don't provide much offense. Feel like the 1st 2 were once good offensive prospects now they seem to be career 3rd line defensive guys. Shame really. Nikulin, ouch even worse.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
The difference is SKA is rolling out 3 high scoring lines and CSKA only has 1. Prohorkhin really slumping after his big year last year. I also expected that someone other than the big line guys would emerge. Have been disappointed by guys like Andronov, Zharkov and Zhafyarov. From what I have saw, these guys are just perimeter players and don't provide much offense. Feel like the 1st 2 were once good offensive prospects now they seem to be career 3rd line defensive guys. Shame really. Nikulin, ouch even worse.
i can somewhat agree with zhafyarov being a disappointment so far, though i myself have never been high on him, (and kvartalnov regards his son as rival for him for the same position. he must be really bad, if that's the case) but not with the other two. never have seen much in them, especially in zharkov.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad