GDT: September 8 | West | Vit-MMg | DM-Nft | Spk-Slv | DMn-CSKA | Dnb-Lev | Mdv-Drg

ult

Sep 21, 2009
In other news, Spartak didn't concede a single goal yet. What is going ooon...

SliceOfLife

Sep 6, 2013
Oh well, everything that went great on friday didn´t went well today. We had a lot of shots on the goal and a lot of scoring opportunities, but we weren´t as efficient as our opponents. Considering that the boys are playing together since 2 months I´m totally OK with this result. We will need time to adjust. You can and should learn from every defeat! There is a lot of room for improvement.

Loved how the Dinamo Riga fans sang their anthem due to technical difficulties from our side :)

Hockeyfan31*

And Slovan has stated surprisingly poor... First game vs Donbass ok, tough opponent. But 0-5 vs Spartak IMHO is too much.

Yeah, especially seeing that they are doing pretty good in that European Trophy joke, maybe it is hurting their league form in some way

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah, especially seeing that they are doing pretty good in that European Trophy joke, maybe it is hurting their league form in some way

Why do they even play there? I mean, sure, maybe last season it was too late to pull out, but now?

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Why do they even play there? I mean, sure, maybe last season it was too late to pull out, but now?

At least they're playing well there and representing KHL in a good way :)
Perhaps it's not so bad, as they get to see more European teams and their different playing styles but perhaps it hurts their preparation to the league season.

Hockeyfan31*

Pretty even game, shots on goal were 32:33 if you can believe statistics. But somehow watching this game I never had doubts in my mind that Riga will win. Either their scoring chances were better or Tellquist seemed more confident, just had this feeling that Riga were controlling the game, even though I think game was played more in Riga zone (at boards mostly though)

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Pretty even game, shots on goal were 32:33 if you can believe statistics. But somehow watching this game I never had doubts in my mind that Riga will win. Either their scoring chances were better or Tellquist seemed more confident, just had this feeling that Riga were controlling the game, even though I think game was played more in Riga zone (at boards mostly though)

The same about me, I know that we could lose if we started to play like ***** or when the result was 1:1 I perhaps thought that Medveščak will really start to press, but it did not happen. Though the quick second goal helped not to lose the feeling that everything will be ok :)

But as I said, there are some teams in KHL that don't like Medveščak's hockey at all and they could even break down (like CSKA did). It's not about skill, it's more about being ''*****'' so to say :laugh: There will be teams that will feel very uncomfortable on Medveščak's small ice vs the North Americans....

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
I had the feeling that Medvescak was dictating the entire game, but failed to capitalize on even the most well executed plays... anyhow... i found the game to be much much more stimulating that the last one, a joy to watch.

Hockeyfan31*

Why didn't Slovan have megafon adds on jerseys against Donbass??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad