GDT: September 8 | West | Vit-MMg | DM-Nft | Spk-Slv | DMn-CSKA | Dnb-Lev | Mdv-Drg

ult

Sep 21, 2009
KHL 2013/2014 Regular Season.
September 8 Game Day
Western Conference Home Games.

19.jpg
37.jpg

Vityaz Podolsk vs Metallurg Magnitogorsk

September 8, 2013
17:00 MSK | 15:00 CET

vityaz_arena_2012.jpg

Ice Hockey Center Vityaz (5500), Podolsk

Streams:
onhockey.ru

279.jpg
71.jpg

Dynamo Moscow vs Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk

September 8, 2013

dynamo_msk_arena_2012_.jpg

Palace of Sports Luzhniki (8512), Moscow

Streams:
onhockey.ru

7.jpg
246.jpg

Spartak Moscow vs Slovan Bratislava

September 8, 2013

spartak_arena_2013_.jpg

Sokolniki (5530), Moscow

Streams:
onhockey.ru

207.jpg
2.jpg

Dinamo Minsk vs CSKA Moscow

September 8, 2013
18:00 MSK | 16:00 CET

dinamo_mn_arena_2012.jpg

Minsk Arena (15000), Minsk

Streams:
onhockey.ru

317.jpg
359.jpg

Donbass Donetsk vs Lev Prague

September 8, 2013
18:00 MSK | 16:00 CET

donbass_arena_2013_.jpg

Ice Palace Druzhba (4150), Donetsk

Streams:
KHL.RU; onhockey.ru

419.jpg
208.jpg

Medvescak Zagreb vs Dinamo Riga

September 8, 2013
21:30 MSK | 19:30 CET

x89141871281369669.jpg

Dom Sportova (6400), Zagreb

Streams:
KHL.RU; onhockey.ru

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Interesting that the game in Zagreb starts at 7:30 p.m. local time, although it's the weekend. I thought the KHL was making 5:30 p.m. starts (at the latest) obligatory at the weekends, but I guess not. :amazed:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Is there no prime time in Russia? :amazed:

The differences between Russia & the NHL can really be surprising, like the tendency not to play KHL games at the weekend, although in the NHL it's the exact opposite, with Saturday traditionally being the biggest game day of the week.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Is there no prime time in Russia? :amazed:

The differences between Russia & the NHL can really be surprising, like the tendency not to play KHL games at the weekend, although in the NHL it's the exact opposite, with Saturday traditionally being the biggest game day of the week.

Obviously you haven't seen the calendar of KHL plays

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I have. That tendency is clearly still there, though not as glaring as last year. Sunday is more used this season (though not every Sunday), but Saturday is still totally under-used. It's not uncommon for the KHL to play 13 games on Friday, and 1 game on Saturday. It would be the the other way round in the NHL. And take a look at the first weekend in October: a whopping two games combined for Saturday and Sunday!

I'm not saying it's "bad" -- just seems weird. ;)

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
I have. That tendency is clearly still there, though not as glaring as last year. Sunday is more used this season (though not every Sunday), but Saturday is still totally under-used. It's not uncommon for the KHL to play 13 games on Friday, and 1 game on Saturday. It would be the the other way round in the NHL. And take a look at the first weekend in October: a whopping two games combined for Saturday and Sunday!

I'm not saying it's "bad" -- just seems weird. ;)

I'd say that days-off are distributed evenly. It may be Sunday or Tuesday or any other days

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
My bet would be that Saturday is the least-used day of the week in the KHL. It would be interesting to see the exact statistics for that. Saturdays in the KHL remind me of Mondays in the NHL = few if any games played.

Agramer

Aug 6, 2013
Interesting that the game in Zagreb starts at 7:30 p.m. local time, although it's the weekend. I thought the KHL was making 5:30 p.m. starts (at the latest) obligatory at the weekends, but I guess not. :amazed:

this way you can watch live 2 games back to back instead of having to choose one to watch live and other in replay

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Of course! But why isn't the same logic applied to Lev's and Slovan's home games at the weekend? All 3 teams are in the same time zone.

And, for Russia itself, all weekend games seem to start at 5 p.m. at the latest, too, again defying the logic you mention.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Saturday is not underused. Yesterday was a Lokomotiv day, it was the day of mourning.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Saturday is definitely underused. I wasn't talking about yesterday, but about the entire previous season and the upcoming season, too.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
DārziņÅ¡ goal, now in 3 games 1+2. Perhaps he's found his team.

Traktor 3-1 up vs Torpedo, perhaps the team's waking up too? :)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
My bet would be that Saturday is the least-used day of the week in the KHL. It would be interesting to see the exact statistics for that. Saturdays in the KHL remind me of Mondays in the NHL = few if any games played.

Monday Night Football (NFL). They'll try to avoid conflicts with that.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Well CSKA wins Minsk in OT, 2:1 but I guess it's still not the result CSKA fans would expect. Especially scoring the average of 1.5 goals in two games.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Riga is looking good. Important points for the PO race versus the two main competitors.

ficohok*

As I said in Medvescak's thread that this is going to be much thougher game and it proved me right (unfortunaetly). We spent more time in Riga zone and had good scoring chances, but Tellqvist was really good. On the other side, Riga converted all their serious scoring chances into goals. Congrats to them ! It was nice to see Riga fans in Zagreb :)

Presonally I am more than satisified after two games. Looking forward to game against Lev !

ult

Sep 21, 2009
So if my math is right, Riga vs CSKA should be 35-1. :laugh:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
As I said in Medvescak's thread that this is going to be much thougher game and it proved me right (unfortunaetly). We spent more time in Riga zone and had good scoring chances, but Tellqvist was really good. On the other side, Riga converted all their serious chances into goals. Congrats to them ! It was nice to see Riga fans in Zagreb :)

Yeah, good thing about Ābols is that he has taken Rautakallio's approach to play physical hockey but also combined it with what Supler did to change the way we play according to the opponent we face (dare I say Znaroks' hockey :laugh:). With Supler there was not so much physicality in our game and Rautakallio didn't believe into adapting to anyone, he just said that Dinamo always has to play the same game. Had we gone out today and went forward, trying to be the attacking team, we might have lost IMHO....

Then again if we weren't so good with converting our chances into goals, we would've faced a lot tougher game. Glad to see that second game in the row our legs are more fresh in the third period than the opposition's.

MedveÅ¡čak is an interesting team and a great asset for KHL in the way that pretty much nobody in KHL plays hockey like they do. True North American grinding and shooting and fighting. I'm glad that the referee didn't kill this game as there were some penalties I wish he'd call (and probably Zagreb fans can say the same) but there was no nonsense whistling and teams could really fight on ice.

I'd say despite today's 1-5 there are teams in KHL that will be surprised when they step on the NHL size ice and are forced to constantly fight for their right to be with puck :laugh::laugh: Great for youngsters to see what awaits them in North America...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad