17:30 MSK | 15:30 CET

ska_arena_2012.jpg

Ice Palace (11439), Saint Petersburg

Streams:
KHL.RU; onhockey.ru

J Murda

Oct 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Just out of curiosity, but why are the weekend games always so early?

I'm sure there's a good reason, but it just sucks for people in north america who are starting to show more interest in this league and all the weekend games are played before anyone gets out of bed. One prime time west game would be nice.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga

I'm sure there's a good reason, but it just sucks for people in north america who are starting to show more interest in this league and all the weekend games are played before anyone gets out of bed. One prime time west game would be nice.

Hard for me to understand that too. One of the reasons though might be the fact that already there is a 2h time difference between Moscow and Slovan/Medvescak time and if we go further East then it will only increase. And perhaps the games start earlier on weekends because families would be able to attend them and kids wouldn't stay up too late (but who brings such small kids to hockey if that would be an issue?). I find it puzzling too.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Atlant had 3 points in the pocket... almost. Now the game goes to OT and Medveščak adds another point. Still, what a bad OT defense for Medveščak. It's like they were content with 1 point earned already... :( Perhaps back home things will go better for them.

Dinamo Minsk is in awful shape at the moment, many have talked about Slovan and Medvescak but Minsk is what's the worst in the West at the moment. Definitely.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
SKA - Donbass 2-4

Kovalchuk was 0, SKA was 0. As a result 0 points. Will help to bring the team back to reality, as during the game it seemed as if SKA was losing a play-off series 0-4... Painful expressions on everyone's faces. They probably already thought nobody can touch them :)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Painful expressions on everyone's faces. They probably already thought nobody can touch them :)

What a weird analysis. I'd love to see my team showing such emotion when they are not playing as good as they could/should. Shows they care. Also, I only saw the second period, but Kovalchuk was very dangerous, especially on PP.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
What a weird analysis. I'd love to see my team showing such emotion when they are not playing as good as they could/should. Shows they care. Also, I only saw the second period, but Kovalchuk was very dangerous, especially on PP.

I'm not saying they didn't care, I'm just saying that their faces clearly indicate that they were frustrated from the notion alone that they COULD PERHAPS LOSE. Perhaps it's not that bad if you're a fan of that team, but indicates a certain arrogance nonetheless.
Kovalchuk was dangerous but then again it can be said about many losers... Spain was also very dangerous in the Eurobasket semi-final. The fact is that Kovi's and Tikhonov's danger didn't produce a thing. In my book if you lose a game it doesn't matter if you were or were not dangerous. You still lose.

Perhaps they were unlucky this game. It could also be true. But they didn't really play good until last 5 minutes or so.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
I'm not saying they didn't care, I'm just saying that their faces clearly indicate that they were frustrated from the notion alone that they COULD PERHAPS LOSE. Perhaps it's not that bad if you're a fan of that team, but indicates a certain arrogance nonetheless.
Kovalchuk was dangerous but then again it can be said about many losers... Spain was also very dangerous in the Eurobasket semi-final. The fact is that Kovi's and Tikhonov's danger didn't produce a thing. In my book if you lose a game it doesn't matter if you were or were not dangerous. You still lose.

Perhaps they were unlucky this game. It could also be true. But they didn't really play good until last 5 minutes or so.

This would be the case if each game was utterly independant from anything else. It works within a season ....

If you get thrashed 4 games in a row, or lose 4 very tight games in a row (and thus, to an extent simply variance) there is a significant difference.

Either way, it is one game. Hardly impacts upon SKA, since it is pretty clear they are going to be one of the best teams in the league during the season.

ult

Sep 21, 2009

It's part of KHL regulations. Games are to start at 19:00-19:30 local time on weekdays and 17:00-17:30 local time on weekends and holidays. Sometimes it can be adjusted for tv scheduling. Russia and KHL have a lot of timezones.
You can see the list here: http://www.khl.ru/documents/games_time_beginning_2013-2014.pdf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad