GDT: September 21 | CSKA-Torpedo | Dinamo R-Vityaz | Slovan-Ak Bars | Lev-Dynamo M

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Another impressive win for Riga, I hope they keep it up.

Reall hope so too. To put things in perspective, at the moment after 8 games we have 18 points. Last year we had 20 points after game 21 of the season. I hope a drastic losing streak does not start now :laugh:

Also kinda cool that our ''reserves'' got a chance to play their first shifts on KHL ice- and that they're called Siksna and Siksnis (translation- a belt, in male and female gender)

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
How typical of Slovak teams -- not just Slovan, not just hockey, not just sports, in fact. We always seem to play better against nominally stronger teams than against teams that should be on a par with us, and especially teams considered below us.

In real life, too :D (like, in a multi-national work environment), Slovaks seem to perform
The Slovaks' worst enemy is their success. Nothing easier for a Slovak than to become complacent after some initial success... And then you need to start from zero (and total humility) all over again (and again, and again). :)

Let's hope this has just happened with Slovan, that that "necessary" stage is now behind us, and that it will only get better from now on. :handclap: The upcoming game against Dynamo Moscow will be a good indication.

Somehow this resembles a lot the way Italians look at themselves.... You may not like it :))), but if you want to see Slovakia's future (say in 15 years) look at us now (no, no,.... there's no need to have a Slovak B... you know who I mean....) OT, I know...

Anyway, I'm happy for Slovan

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
if you want to see Slovakia's future (say in 15 years) look at us now

We may already be there -- our governments (no matter if "left" or "right", "blue" or "red") are generally perceived as thoroughly corrupt (ditto for our Czech neighbours), but everyone now seems to have resigned to the fact -- accept it as a given, as a necessity for any post-Communist country. 25 years after the fall of Communism, the wealthiest people in these countries seem to be those with personal ties to the former Communist secret service.

It does not help Slovan's popularity in Slovakia that it is perceived as interconnected with Slovakia's leftist government, with the implications mentined above. If you read user comments under Slovan articles on Slovak websites, half the comments abuse Slovan or its owner(s)/management as "Communist secret service agents"... :rolleyes:

Generally, anyone wealthy in Slovakia is, by default, perceived to be a thief, "guilty" as not even charged, and because playing in the KHL requires an enormous budget (for Slovak standards), this creates a bad image for Slovan in the eyes of many "common folks", especially those from outside Bratislava, of course...

Hockeyfan31*

I might have asked this before but anyways here it goes. Are Ridderwall and Azevedo injured, or Lev coach is just not too crazy about them? Especially Azavedo, I dont think I have seen him even play

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
By the way, shots after 30' were like 18:5 for Slovan. And if referee harmed anyone, it was Slovan - Dano's incomprehensible penalty for actually nothing and then not penalizing faul on Juraj Mikúš and two more fouls, I think it was, for instance, Nikulin's cross-checking, but who cares now. Ak Bars can be very happy with that one point. :)

pecheq

Aug 5, 2013
Prague, Czech Rep.
I might have asked this before but anyways here it goes. Are Ridderwall and Azevedo injured, or Lev coach is just not too crazy about them? Especially Azavedo, I dont think I have seen him even play

Azevedo and Ridderwall were not on the roster tonight. They are both fit, but the coach Sykora choosed Danielsson and Christensen..too many good players, somebody has to sit in the suitcase and watch..

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Bullsh** I say. How about the Dano penalty in the second period? Where instead Bars should have had 2 minutes but it was given to Dano just cause a little pat after the whistle...
Penalties 10-14, Yes Slovan had less but you're talking like an AK Bars homer....

Perhaps I could give you the first period but it was 0-0 after it and it's not like Kazan was surely the best team on ice tonight.

Good win for LEV too, I'm not particularly a LEV or Dynamo fan but it makes for a better situation in standings.

2 minutes to AkBArs? What for? Fortunately there is a vid for that one: http://video.khl.ru/quotes/111193

Watch it 10 times please and tell me what the penalty to AkBars should be for. I mean it's exactly what I was seeing all game long: Slovan players going down at the slightest contact and watching to the refs to call it. Dano had the puck, he got checked shoulder to shoulder. What did he get upset about? A little pat after the whistle is a little pat after the whistle. That's what you get 2 minutes for.

Penalties 10-14 should be 30-14, at least if the refs would call all infractions consequently. There is always a home team bonus, I get that, but that was far beyond that. Oh yes, AkBars wasn't the better team playing shorthanded for nearly a period. Okay.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Penalties 10-14 should be 30-14, at least if the refs would call all infractions consequently. There is always a home team bonus, I get that, but that was far beyond that. Oh yes, AkBars wasn't the better team playing shorthanded for nearly a period. Okay.

Goodness, the difference in penalty minutes was 10-14. You make it sound as if it was 10-30. Since when is 14 minutes "nearly a period"? It's not even three quarters of a period. And, Slovan's penalties were "half a period". 7 penalties for a team per game can hardly be used as an excuse; it's a pretty normal rate of "penalties per game", nothing excessive.

Hockeyfan31*

Hey guys do U think SKA St. Petersburg is gonna lose some day? :D

Today against Donbass :yo:

But seriously who knows when they will lose, this year they are looking extra good I must admit. But they are great like each regular season, play-offs are different matter though

Hockeyfan31*

Azevedo and Ridderwall were not on the roster tonight. They are both fit, but the coach Sykora choosed Danielsson and Christensen..too many good players, somebody has to sit in the suitcase and watch..

2nd in points in SM-Liiga, can't make Lev roster. Could be a good meme :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad