GDT: September 13 | Medvescak Zagreb - Slovan Bratislava

roki977

Sep 6, 2013
Zagreb
Big mistakes again, like in last 3 games. They need to fix that and Medvescak will be ok. They almost gave them this game for free.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Big mistakes again, like in last 3 games. They need to fix that and Medvescak will be ok. They almost gave them this game for free.

I am deeply upset with this performace. We should have got 3, we won only 1 point.

You're being too optimistic, guys. Slovan heavily outshot Medveščak in the game (38-26, I think?), the 3rd period was almost a one-way street with attack upon attack by Slovan. You nearly lost even that single point with 3 seconds left in regulation.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Medvescak with only 4 points against rivals of their own conference in 4 home games. Road trip will be brutal and they can easily become last in the conference after it. With the game at home against SKA to start their next home series, they can be happy to gain more than 2 points in the next 4-5 games. :(

roki977

Sep 6, 2013
Zagreb
True but last gol was result of big mistake. I am not trying to take anything away from Slovan, they where very good but Medvescak fall again near the end of 3rd with huge mistakes. Its very fresh team and maybe they fix that "end period fall" in near future.

4 points in 4 games from 2,3 months old team with low budget in 2cnd best leauge in World is not that bad.

So far i love KHL judges. We watched so much ******** in EBEL that this is fantastic. Didnt watch this leauge much before so this is new to me.

Last edited:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
4-3 OT Slovan.

I guess it will be a nice morale boost for Slovan.

It's especially nice to see Captain Bartovič return to his pre-season shape, where he scored 8 goals in 8 games. 3 points tonight, he now has 2 goals in 4 games and is now a point-per-game player like a good leader should be. All is well on the road to recovery.

mitch mdv zg

Sep 6, 2013
You're being too optimistic, guys. Slovan heavily outshot MedveÅ¡čak in the game (38-26, I think?), the 3rd period was almost a one-way street with attack upon attack by Slovan. You nearly lost even that single point with 3 seconds left in regulation.

Slovan was clearly better team tonight (as I said during the game, few massive saves from Dex). All I say is that we shouldn't have lost this game after having two goals lead 12 mins before time. Stupid mistakes from uncoordinated defense cost us two points.

But, it will be better.

I have to agree with roki, no more Dremelj, no more Heidi, totally another level. :nod:

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Great game, great experience.

I think we could have won this match and we have deserved it as well. There were really many chances and even 4 seconds before the end Olvecky had one, that would be amazing. But ok, 2 points are pretty enough for now. For us it is really important as hell we have finally some points and this might be very very significant regarding next home matches.

I am not sure about Medvescak. I just hate this kind of hockey style aka NHL style - they just strike every possible puck but when the opponent starts to combine they are lost. They can be happy about having that small ice and great fans that are helping them a lot. But in my opinion they will be a "whipping-boy" on away games.

Concerning the atmosphere, we really were not like at home. Sitting next to the Medvescak sector you could not hear Slovan fans and conversely, therefore, it is hard to judge. The fact is that Balkan temperament is very big and Medvescak fans are very loud. On the other hand, Bliznak said something like this was good but rather football atmosphere; and he likes more our hockey atmosphere...

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
Only thing I hated at the game was that Slovan fans were everywhere around not just guest sector. People dont like it, it's good in between periods at the bars etc, but this just makes it possible boiling pot during the actual game.

There were some problems around the home sector (D) - behind the goal with the Slovan fans throwing beer etc

Too bad Spring Break (Slovan + Prague away) is in march. Can't wait.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Only thing I hated at the game was that Slovan fans were everywhere around not just guest sector. People dont like it, it's good in between periods at the bars etc, but this just makes it possible boiling pot during the actual game.

There were some problems around the home sector (D) - behind the goal with the Slovan fans throwing beer etc

Too bad Spring Break (Slovan + Prague away) is in march. Can't wait.

Yep, I can understand you, but what can we do when the interest is big. :) If possible, everybody would love to have one big sector and not just that one with embarassing 220 places.
I only know there was some problem outside the stadium during the break when we got almost locked and police had to do something there. But in general very nice, I could even talk to security or policemen, everybody was friendly. I thought this only is Scandinavian temper but Croatians were as great. Getting many congratulations after the game and singing each other chants. :handclap:

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
too bad you didn't say you were coming to the game.

now you'll have to buy beer in bratislava

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad