Olympics: GDT: Russia vs Denmark

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Too bad, but not going to bitch about the result. I know we are not the most entertaining team to watch, but we utilises our strengths and uses them to our advantage. Russia a bit underwhelming in my opinion, but I assume they have a gear or two more.

Off to the next one

Reactions: Czechboy

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Denmark certainly isn't among the most offensive teams in the world but they have their strategy which works for them.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Starting to think it wasn't as dooming for my country Norway to lose the Olympic qualification to the Danes as I thought. Either that, or this Russians are really, really bad.

Both things can be true.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Starting to think it wasn't as dooming for my country Norway to lose the Olympic qualification to the Danes as I thought. Either that, or this Russians are really, really bad.

Both things can be true.

Russia is doing something unusual. They are not focusing on individuals("star coaches", doing what they want), they are not focusing on offense. They are playing a whole-rink, North-South game. In other words, Russians are defending. I think this Russian team, the way they play, is the most interesting Russian team I have seen in a long, long time. And they are still absolutely the favorites to win gold.

Mara

May 10, 2011
What an ugly game.

Small rink. It tends to turn the game "ugly" when one side is clearly weaker on individual talent -> heavily defensive strategy and less room to work with obviously makes it harder for the offensive team to crack it. It has the advantage that when two offensive teams meet up the game becomes a lot more entertaining, but this is the reality when it comes to olympics. It has its pros and cons for international play.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Both things can be true.

No reason to feel bad. We have a good team, with a lot of experience. But it is also an very old team, so it will probably not last long.

Reactions: Valdemar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad