Olympics: GDT Russia - Sweden

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Wallmark laughing about his awful shootout attempt would really annoy me if i were swedish
It did piss me off so much. Also pissed me of that we shithoused a bit too much in the tournament. Don’t play like a Finnish team.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
pretty much "most" peoples predictions which was a Russia Finland final.

Sweden played great. The payoff to bring in grinders almost payed off for them. Felt like watching old school Calgary Flames. You can see, they had good puck possession game, however the skill is not on part with the Russians. However it could have been anyones game, just like the previous Sweden Canada game.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Unlucky. Really really hope Russia win the final. Sad Sweden can’t be there, feels like it would have been deserved after being way better in OT. Only saw OT though.

Beat Finland! Please just beat Finland!

Of course. Always an explanation for every loss. Classy. What about trying to write congrats next time?

Reactions: Nate070 and Jussi

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Very good! Congrats!
It is rare that bookmakers favorites live up to expectations. Only in this final I hope that they are wrong. Finland should win this. It's a little nice feeling that Sweden won't do better than Suomi in this tournament.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Not really. Between Sweden, Finland and ROC it was basically a coin flip.

No it wasn't. Both Finland and Russia beat Sweden. Even if Sweden had 35 minuts of PP and only scored with a man advantage. So no, you are completely wrong.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
strongly disagreed. They were a shootout save away from the gold medal game. it was 50/50. Sweden played a stronger forechecking style. Russia had better hands and skill. its as close as it gets.

To be honest, I don't see either team worth a place in the final. Finland should win, they have won all their games. If something happends, someone can quote my post.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
No it wasn't. Both Finland and Russia beat Sweden. Even if Sweden had 35 minuts of PP and only scored with a man advantage. So no, you are completely wrong.
None of them beat Sweden in regular time. 2 of 2 very close OT decided games = coin flip in my book.

Reactions: Tmu84 and lawrence

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
It did piss me off so much. Also pissed me of that we shithoused a bit too much in the tournament. Don’t play like a Finnish team.

Clever. Dont play like a team that have been top3 these last three years. A team that beat you and are in the final. Makes sense...

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
None of them beat Sweden in regular time. 2 of 2 very close OT decided games = coin flip in my book.
Well the finns and ruskies bring their b teams, while we have like our G teams. Had we topped our team with some better players that may have made the difference, but really olympic hockey is kind of pointless with these weak roosters and the chinese airtime so who cares?

Reactions: Jaska

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I was hoping for best on best, and NHL/Bettman let us down. Now we (Finland) are playing for gold against Russia. Not even sure if I will watch.

Kinda sad.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
You are ignorant . The games Swe -Roc and Swe -Finöand were indeed COINFLIPS

lawrence

May 19, 2012
3 on 3 is huge joke. Make it 4 on 4 for crying out loud. the NHL did 3 on 3, because of declining attendance, so they wanted to add some excitement to the game.

To be honest, I don't see either team worth a place in the final. Finland should win, they have won all their games. If something happends, someone can quote my post.

Both these teams I believe are better than Slovakia. Slovakia defense doesn't really hold up, and will probably rely on the goalie again.

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
Well the finns and ruskies bring their b teams, while we have like our G teams. Had we topped our team with some better players that may have made the difference, but really olympic hockey is kind of pointless with these weak roosters and the chinese airtime so who cares?
This is definitely your A- team what are you talking about

Tmu84

- Tmuussoni
Feb 2, 2011
Funland

Omg, again this Team G, Team X crap. It is just genuinely getting little tiresome argument. News flash: NHL is not participating in the tournament. Get over it. Therefore every participating team had equal rights to form their teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad