GDT: GDT: Pittsburgh versus Columbus Split Squad: Its a great day for hockey

Are you excited for hockey to be back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
As someone who is extremely pessimistic about this team's chances, I gotta say, it's truly impressive the levels of pessimism some of you guys can hit during a pre-season game with a roster full of ECHL/AHL nobodies against most of the Blue Jackets' starters. Bravo. :laugh:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
As someone who is extremely pessimistic about this team's chances, I gotta say, it's truly impressive the levels of pessimism some of you guys can hit during a pre-season game with a roster full of ECHL/AHL nobodies against most of the Blue Jackets' starters. Bravo. :laugh:
"we're back!"

"we're the worst!"

It's a glorified scrimmage, y'all. Take it easy.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
It kind of indicates how far CBJ still has to go that they were icing a mostly NHL lineup against a decidedly... not-NHL lineup, and barely squeaked out a win in OT, while we see a similar situation out west with the Flames vs the Canucks, and the Flames steamrolled the Canucks 10-0, despite the shot totals being fairly close.

(That said, they got a good player there in Fantili. For the Blue Jackets' sake, I hope they can build adequately around him; for the Pens' sake, I hope they keep frittering away their good players! :laugh: )

Reactions: farscape1

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It kind of indicates how far CBJ still has to go that they were icing a mostly NHL lineup against a decidedly... not-NHL lineup, and barely squeaked out a win in OT, while we see a similar situation out west with the Flames vs the Canucks, and the Flames steamrolled the Canucks 10-0, despite the shot totals being fairly close.

(That said, they got a good player there in Fantili. For the Blue Jackets' sake, I hope they can build adequately around him; for the Pens' sake, I hope they keep frittering away their good players! :laugh: )

I think it has more to say about Columbus not giving a shit and the majority of the Penguins roster playing for their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad