GDT: October 19 | West | Vit-Dnb | DM-Mdv | Lev-CSKA

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yep, Medvescak deserves better, but somehow they are losing. Calm down, ppl. You got away pretty good with AkBars and Barulin playing the worst game and Dynamo not on top of their game too. Could have been much worse for Medvescak.

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
Yep, Medvescak deserves better, but somehow they are losing. Calm down, ppl. You got away pretty good with AkBars and Barulin playing the worst game and Dynamo not on top of their game too. Could have been much worse for Medvescak.

LOL So is it small ice theory, or all best KHL teams taking a day off vs. Medvescak ???

They play exactly as much as we let them. And we're just warming up to the task.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
There are only 3 reasons why we managed to achieve wins:
- KHL players underperforming
- KHL goalies have a bad day
- Small ice winning game by itself

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Wow cant believe Dynamo game :amazed: BTW great fans there today. People say Moscow does bad attendance because nobody cares but Dynamo seems to attract a steady audience even for that old arena.. BTW twice as many fans show up in Prague than when at Tippsport, so is this just novelty, or would every game at O2 attract this many or more fans?

One more Q, when is Fedorov going to be put in the line up?

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Wow cant believe Dynamo game :amazed: BTW great fans there today. People say Moscow does bad attendance because nobody cares but Dynamo seems to attract a steady audience even for that old arena.. BTW twice as many fans show up in Prague than when at Tippsport, so is this just novelty, or would every game at O2 attract this many or more fans?

One more Q, when is Fedorov going to be put in the line up?
8,000 spectators is not very significant difference.

Hockeyfan31*

I guess Medvescak fans need few more losses so they can come back down to earth, it's getting a little embarrassing

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Well that is the thing atlas n fruit why do EVERY game the team we face is under performing. U can say that for one or two or even three teams but not almost every time. i mean did Barys have a bad day, SKA aswell?, what about CSKA? Donbass ? Himki?

and at dynamo we shoulda gotten a point, even with us being dominated for most of the game ( we did well in minutes about 1 third). well with more concentration we shoulda gotten a win, but point would be fair.

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
Well that is the thing atlas n fruit why do EVERY game the team we face is under performing. U can say that for one or two or even three teams but not almost every time. i mean did Barys have a bad day, SKA aswell?, what about CSKA? Donbass ? Himki?

and at dynamo we shoulda gotten a point, even with us being dominated for most of the game ( we did well in minutes about 1 third). well with more concentration we shoulda gotten a win, but point would be fair.

You have something against me or? You do love to write easily about me when some other posters say Med sux, they have to land etc. etc.
I never wrote something like that, read before you reply.

I said that Dynamo Moscow was a much better team than Medvescak Zagreb in a game played 19.10.2013 in Palace of Sports Luzhniki, Moscow and I stand behind my words. I disagree that Medvescak was a team dominating the match and that they should've got a point.

Do you have a bother with me not having Medvescak as a playoff team? Writing about their faults and playing with 5 D's most of the game? Or that the team is full of injured players so early in the season?

EDIT. where was I stating that Ak Bars or Dynamo were underperforming?

Last edited:

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
lol nah but you said it multiple times before as did atlas now. bad day for the team bad day for the goalie n u seam the most active so in the forum lol...
i guess i dont like how some people devalue the game when medvescak is playing to the other team was bad in some manner, and not that Medvescak was good, or outside factors were more imporant for the win.

as for injuries hardly is the teams fault, if anything it is good they can play against anyone on the same lvl with so many injuries.

you missread i said in minutes we were equal to better 1 period, 2 were clearly dynamos. as for playoffs i dont care its an opinion. im not a fortuneteller nor are u so who cares, i dont argue the future ;)

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
lol nah but you said it multiple times before as did atlas now. bad day for the team bad day for the goalie n u seam the most active so in the forum lol...
i guess i dont like how some people devalue the game when medvescak is playing to the other team was bad in some manner, and not that Medvescak was good, or outside factors were more imporant for the win.

as for injuries hardly is the teams fault, if anything it is good they can play against anyone on the same lvl with so many injuries.

you missread i said in minutes we were equal to better 1 period, 2 were clearly dynamos. as for playoffs i dont care its an opinion. im not a fortuneteller nor are u so who cares, i dont argue the future ;)

And those were bad days for opponents goalies, one proof:

vs Donbass 5/28, Meds win
vs Avangard 4/16, Meds win
vs Neftemihk 6/38, Meds win
vs CSKA 7/30, Meds win

There are more games like that, ofcourse not all, but most games that Medvescak won opponents goalies barely scored SVV% of .900, if that...
And in most of these games Meds goalies had shutout or SV% .950.

I stated that Medvescak's goalies can't keep up their stellar form through whole season and when that happens and if opponent's goalies enter theirs stellar form Medvescak will lose games.
Spartak and Ak Bars are that kind of games and Medvescak lost both.

I also stated as season goes on Medvescak's opponents and theirs D will have to adapt to Medvescak's game especially if they're fighting for playoff spots. So I expect fewer goals from Medvescak's offence which was very productive 'till now.

I didn't said that opponents were undeperforming( goalies yes, very bad SV% against Medvescak) but I stated that they did not adapt to Medvescak's style of game and they lost. Mistake that they wont repeat later in the season.

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
I stated that Medvescak's goalies can't keep up their stellar form through whole season and when that happens and if opponent's goalies enter theirs stellar form Medvescak will lose games.
Spartak and Ak Bars are that kind of games and Medvescak lost both.
Man, are you for real ??? Team1 has goalie struggling in game, Team2 has hot goalie -->> Watch out! Team2 will win !!! Gee, where was Nostradamus on that one ...

Newsflash - there is a reason for our team to sign TWO great and experienced goalies. But yeah, I'd be banking on them to both struggle simultaniously. Makes all the sense on the world.

Don't worry - I won't be wasting my time on this board any more.
See you in playoffs.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
LOL So is it small ice theory, or all best KHL teams taking a day off vs. Medvescak ???

They play exactly as much as we let them. And we're just warming up to the task.

You don't know the record of your team? Look up your home and away record.

Sorry to break it to you.: the regular season is warming up for the playoffs. You haven't seen the KHL yet. So basically LOL at first year team fans getting too cocky over a couple of regular season wins.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Man, are you for real ??? Team1 has goalie struggling in game, Team2 has hot goalie -->> Watch out! Team2 will win !!! Gee, where was Nostradamus on that one ...

Newsflash - there is a reason for our team to sign TWO great and experienced goalies. But yeah, I'd be banking on them to both struggle simultaniously. Makes all the sense on the world.

See you in playoffs.

You have to make the playoffs first, you know.

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe

See you in playoffs.

Tell me, Nostradamus, how can you see Medvescak in the playoffs so early in the season? Have some crystal bowl hidden in the basement?

You still didn't persuade me that Medvescak can win games when opponents goalie is up to the task or you think that save percentage of .900% against Medvescak is the peak of most KHL's goalies?

Do you think Medvescak would/will win games with that low percentage of saves? How do you comment that from 36 Dynamo shots Dekanich received 4 goals, while from 23 shots Yeryomenko received 3. Do you think Yeryomenko is happy with his SV%? Do you think he showed us his peak or good form? Medvescak's offense so much better from Dynamo's?

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
You r saying goalies lower svs % is is the deciding factor in alot of the games. Well sometimes its not up to the goalies what goals they let in and if they get high svs% or not. u can be an incredible goalie and have low svs%. good example is dynamo medvescak game where as i understand you argued Yeryomenko wasnt quite up to the task:
First goal was an open netter, no chance for Yeryomenko after he saved couple of shots. The Ryan goal is a breakaway with no D's even close so a 50-50% (or more closely 60-40% against the goalie) chance to save at best, so not good odds. Third was also a bounce of pads to a free player and an open net, not much he could do about it.
Otherwise he was a good goalie and saved some good shots. I would argue that those were great counterattacks, or attacks which (i would argue this is the D's fault which was excellent otherwise for dynamo not letting Med out of our zone alot of the times) rendered the goalie helpless. You cant argue he let some in he shouldnt have. They were out played at those goals and not because of general bad day or play by D's or the goalie but by direct play of Med players. And this is not an isolated incident, but same happened in other games.

Also someone mentioned this isnt real KHL but a warmup for playoffs n we will see bla bla. but noone from any fans of Med mentioned we would do great in playoffs or even how we would do. It will be based on how we stand in the end. if we are in the middle and we get another middle of the table team, where we have a chance to do smtn and may pass the first round, or we are 8th and we get SKA than the chance is very slim. Med only goal this year is the playoffs and rest is gravy :)

Last edited:

SledgeHammer

Sep 30, 2013
Zagreb
You r saying goalies lower svs % is is the deciding factor in alot of the games. Well sometimes its not up to the goalies what goals they let in and if they get high svs% or not. u can be an incredible goalie and have low svs%. good example is dynamo medvescak game where as i understand you argued Yeryomenko wasnt quite up to the task:
First goal was an open netter, no chance for Yeryomenko after he saved couple of shots. The Ryan goal is a breakaway with no D's even close so a 50-50% (or more closely 60-40% against the goalie) chance to save at best, so not good odds. Third was also a bounce of pads to a free player and an open net, not much he could do about it.
Otherwise he was a good goalie and saved some good shots. I would argue that those were great counterattacks, or attacks which (i would argue this is the D's fault which was excellent otherwise for dynamo not letting Med out of our zone alot of the times) rendered the goalie helpless. You cant argue he let some in he shouldnt have. They were out played at those goals and not because of general bad day or play by D's or the goalie but by direct play of Med players. And this is not an isolated incident, but same happened in other games.

Also someone mentioned this isnt real KHL but a warmup for playoffs n we will see bla bla. but noone from any fans of Med mentioned we would do great in playoffs or even how we would do. It will be based on how we stand in the end. if we are in the middle and we get another middle of the table team, where we have a chance to do smtn and may pass the first round, or we are 8th and we get SKA than the chance is very slim. Med only goal this year is the playoffs and rest is gravy :)

Although every new/lower team has secret wish to progress to final stages, I don't think their goal was playoff. It is now :). Their goal was probably to not be a kicking bucket for the rest of the league. So far they have proven that they are at least a class above that. We will see how it unfolds..

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Lmao that is true, but it was a wish that was coyly said in the beginning, n now a bit more firmly ;) i mean French admited he didnt know or didnt belive some would be upt to the task and KHL standards and was pleasantly surprised ( and not just Sasa Martinovic)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad