GDT-London vs. Saskatoon-Friday, May 17

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS
Well the show`s about to start. The London Knights, starting off the Memorial Cup after defeating Barrie for the OHL title with 0.1 seconds left, vs. the Saskatoon Blades, having not played a game in what seems forever. Could be a interesting game, I think either Saskatoon will coming out flying or blown out by the Knights. If there anything like Shawinigan, they`ll upset a few people.

Sasktoon will have to control Domi, Broadhurst, Griffith, and Horvat to win. Can`t forgot about the Ruperts as well.

I`ll say the Knights win 5-3, with a late rally by the Blades in the 3rd.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS
Not much to discuss when the Knights are playing the host team (Saskatoon).

I could see London and Saskatoon being a pretty good game. The Blades are a streaky team, and with some luck, they could be hot during the Memorial Cup. It's only a short tournament, and 4-5 good games can win it for you.

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
I think the most interesting story line to come out of this game (assuming no upset) will be London's goaltending situation

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Yes the Blades blew it in the playoffs, but they were something like 22-6-1. If they are rested and get amped up due to the large crowd at home, I could see them upsetting the Knights. The Blades have been streaky all year, depending which team shows up they could be a force to be reckoned with.

Either way, I suspect it will be a good game tomorrow night. I'll be in the stands Sunday and Monday, so I'm hoping that the Blades are competitive, which I suspect they will be.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
The first 5-7 minutes will be critical for the Blades. I can see the crowd really turning on them if London gains a two goal lead early in this game. I think this game will be closer than some people think. I know it's easy to say London wins by 3 goals but I just don't see that happening. Can't wait till puck drop!

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Any chance there might be a stream?

Knights 5-4 in a much tougher game than people expect.

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS
Any chance there might be a stream?

Knights 5-4 in a much tougher game than people expect.

Sasktoon will hang in there, big part due to the home crowd IMO. Goaltending could be the difference in this game. Marakov could easily put on a show like at WJC.

GoKnightsGo

May 17, 2013
London
Damn the Sportsnet stream is down due to Tech Probs. I hope it come back Quickly. Fan must have unplugged it. The Fans there are pretty quiet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad