Laval Rocket: GDT: Laval Rocket at Toronto Marlies 4PM EST

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What a game by Barron. Reinbacher had some struggles, but the qualities are all there and honestly 3 AHL games in 3 days to start your NA career as an 19 year old is crazy.

And I honestly have to remind myself he's 19, because he's a very mature player on the ice and he's physically powerful.

One thing I'll say is having three RDs of this quality at all times was a massive help for Laval this weekend.
If they make the playoffs, adding Struble and Roy (if healthy) will be massive.

Also, Lias Andersson was really good all weekend. Too bad his skating is what it is because he'd have been a very valuable player in the NHL.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
I was at the two Belleville games, and one thing that really impressed me about Reinbacher was never out of breath after a shift (I watched how he was breathing after a shift, stuff you don't see on TV), although I didn't look after every shift. On Saturday, he even had his mouth closed after a shift. That tells me his fitness is excellent.
Also, I think Baroon gets way too much criticism. He was on in all situations, that tells me Houle trusts him
One last thing, Kelly Buchburger has a very good relationship with the players, after every shift, to every defensemen, he gives them a pat on the back. If that player had a good shift, they might get two or even three. He also fist bumped every kid as he went to the bench (the coaches walked around the arena, and did not enter the bench from the ice).

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
What a game by Barron. Reinbacher had some struggles, but the qualities are all there and honestly 3 AHL games in 3 days to start your NA career as an 19 year old is crazy.

And I honestly have to remind myself he's 19, because he's a very mature player on the ice and he's physically powerful.

One thing I'll say is having three RDs of this quality at all times was a massive help for Laval this weekend.
If they make the playoffs, adding Struble and Roy (if healthy) will be massive.

Also, Lias Andersson was really good all weekend. Too bad his skating is what it is because he'd have been a very valuable player in the NHL.
I hate to disagree with you, but I thought he could get a little stronger, he lost most board battles and fell a few times too. But he is only 19 and he still has some time to get stronger.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Reinbacher really solidified Laval's blueline, he is having a similar impact Xhekaj had on the team before being called up. Impressive game again today, kid is only 19 yrs old and plays like a veteran already.

Defense wins championships, Habs have a very solid foundation, now lets focuss on the fowards, they are easier to get and develop faster.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's nice to have your goalies making the saves.

Friday: Dobes with 2 goals against and a .926 SV%
Saturday: Dobes with 2 goals against and a .935 SV%
Sunday: Kasimir with 1 goal against and a .960 SV%
You know I've thought Justin Barron has been pretty good these last 4 games...

Maybe it's just the goaltending. :dunno:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
JUST SAYIN'

Reinbacher having a Xhekaj effect.

Who would have though having a mobile defensively responsible D would help this team? :sarcasm:

Still holding that against Houle/Sedgwick/Hughes for not trading Norlinder (or other depth players) for a defensive-minded D (prospect or vet). When Keeper went down for months, they should have made a trade (or even before since Keeper wasn't exactly making that role work).

Would have helped a lot more than Perreault/Durandeau (which btw are struggling under Houle, big surprise).

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Reinbacher having a Xhekaj effect.

Who would have though having a mobile defensively responsible D would help this team? :sarcasm:

Still holding that against Houle/Sedgwick/Hughes for not trading Norlinder (or other depth players) for a defensive-minded D (prospect or vet). When Keeper went down for months, they should have made a trade (or even before since Keeper wasn't exactly making that role work).

Would have helped a lot more than Perreault/Durandeau (which btw are struggling under Houle, big surprise).

Lol including Houle there tells alot about your love for him, you've been on his case all season, seems to me he did pretty well with what he was given, 5th youngest team in the league

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval is red hot right now, picked a good time to finally play some solid defensive hockey as you would not have known this was the same team that just kicked the shit out of us and they win back to backs vs the Sens as beating them once is a surprise usually.

Indeed a big game for Barron who has started looking much better ever since they broke up the Trudeau Barron pairing but still has a lot of work to do but hopefully he can build off this game as the schedule doesn't get any easier with Utica, Sens, Sens, Crunch next up.

Farrell continues to be one of the leaders of the offense yet he's still on the 2nd PP unit despite the 1st struggling often. The 2nd PP unit often looks better then the 1st.

Reinbacher had a good game though some mistakes but to be expected as he adjusts to the smaller ice.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Lol including Houle there tells alot about your love for him, you've been on his case all season, seems to me he did pretty well with what he was given, 5th youngest team in the league

Some of the best players on Laval have been the youngest, so your argument doesn't mean much. The problem has been defensive play which often lead (especially at the start of the year) to the goalie being hang up to dry. Dobes didn't suddenly become a god goalie, the team just f***ed up less.

Almost every skater struggled to learn his system for the first half of the season. Most new players struggled with his system as well. Mailloux and Norlinder spent most of the first half in the absolute bottom of the league for +/-. The only ones that integrated seamlessly were Xhekaj/Armia who learned the system from a better teacher. The only reason we are still anywhere near a PO spot is Xhekaj. That is an issue.

If a coach need a type of player, it is his job to convince the GMs to move. We've pretty much only been trading for more offence all season despite being a top team in that department, so either there's a disconnect between Houle and the GMs or Houle doesn't see the problem. Both options are an issue.

If we want to continue the MSL road, we need a coach that can teach his system better than Houle does.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Some of the best players on Laval have been the youngest, so your argument doesn't mean much. The problem has been defensive play which often lead (especially at the start of the year) to the goalie being hang up to dry. Dobes didn't suddenly become a god goalie, the team just f***ed up less.

Almost every skater struggled to learn his system for the first half of the season. Most new players struggled with his system as well. Mailloux and Norlinder spent most of the first half in the absolute bottom of the league for +/-. The only ones that integrated seamlessly were Xhekaj/Armia who learned the system from a better teacher. The only reason we are still anywhere near a PO spot is Xhekaj. That is an issue.

If a coach need a type of player, it is his job to convince the GMs to move. We've pretty much only been trading for more offence all season despite being a top team in that department, so either there's a disconnect between Houle and the GMs or Houle doesn't see the problem. Both options are an issue.

If we want to continue the MSL road, we need a coach that can teach his system better than Houle does.

And i guess that Reiny integrating the system well has nothing to do with Houle being a good coach, if things are going well it's beceause the players if they are going bad it's beceause Houle

Got it

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
And i guess that Reiny integrating the system well has nothing to do with Houle being a good coach, if things are going well it's beceause the players if they are going bad it's beceause Houle

Got it

It's because Reinbacher is a 5th overall who is really talented. If you evaluate your coach on how the 5th overall pick is doing, your criterias aren't very selective.

The 3 years Houle has been in charge has been a downward spiral.

Bouchard won the Canadian division.
Houle went to 3rd round.
Houle lost qualifying round.
Houle currently struggle to make the PO (and would be out of it if not for Xhekaj).

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
It's because Reinbacher is a 5th overall who is really talented. If you evaluate your coach on how the 5th overall pick is doing, your criterias aren't very selective.

The 3 years Houle has been in charge has been a downward spiral.

Bouchard won the Canadian division.
Houle went to 3rd round.
Houle lost qualifying round.
Houle currently struggle to make the PO (and would be out of it if not for Xhekaj).

😂😂

Like i said, got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad