GDT: July 1 - Free Agent National Holiday V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Ladd, Backes, and Nielsen will all be bought out at varying points of those atrocious contracts

Lol no, they are loaded with bonus money which can't be bought out ala the Clarkson contract.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So now EDM needs to protect Lucic... Who do they let go?

RNH
Eberle
Draisatl (Think he needs to be protected)
Yak
Lucic
Pouliot
Larrson
Klef
Nurse
Sekera (NMC)

Maybe more?

So basically they are losing one of Larsson, Klef or Nurse on defense unless they do the 8 players to protect those 4 in which case of their forwards Lucic, RNH, Eberle, and one of Yak or Draisatl?

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
With all these deals of 50% being signing bonuses i think the agents/players found a loophole in the CBA to essentially create more security for their players. Because of the signing bonuses it makes the contracts almost buyout proof so it is more likely the players will play out their entire contract or at least until the players wants to retire.

also has mentioned on the TV .. lockout proof.

also since it's a signing bonus and not salary that doesn't get caught up on escrow, so the player gets all the salary regardless of the cap movement.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
why are people laughing that Lucic can't be on waivers. that's what a NMC means. (unless it's like a super powerful NMC or something).

NMC does not mean that you can not put a player on waiver but you can not sign that player to minors (has to be on NHL roster)

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
an hour and a half in and we haven't made a single bad signing. New Leaf management is the best

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas

RNH
Eberle
Yak
Lucic
Pouliot
Larrson
Klef
Nurse
Sekera (NMC)

Maybe more?

So basically they are losing one of Larsson, Klef or Nurse on defense unless they do the 8 players to protect those 4 in which case of their forwards Lucic, RNH, Eberle, and one of Yak or Draisatl?

Nurse doesn't need to be protected out of that list.

so right now edmonton has 6 forwards and 3 defenseman that they would protect going forward, and obviously 1 goaltender.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Lol people trying to say Monster is a good backup. Ridiculous. .908 is decent? No, that's not even NHL quality.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Glad we haven't signed anyone. Hopefully Demars and Russel sign soon so we don't have to worry about the Leafs signing them

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

RNH
Eberle
Yak
Lucic
Pouliot
Larrson
Klef
Nurse
Sekera (NMC)

Maybe more?

Nurse is exempt.

I don`t think they would care if they lost Yak anyway

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 21s21 seconds ago
BREAKING: Victor Hedman signs eight-year extension with #TBLightning. S7.875M AAV.

Mess - I told you

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I would have liked Eriksson to be honest.

The veterans we have (Lupul, Michalek, Laich) probably aren't worthy of a top 6 roster position. I would have liked to sign a skilled veteran

60 + points for 6 years is fine. Not amazing value, but fine.

I'd still like to find a veteran top 6 winger and a RD.

Any news on Demers?? Any interest?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Figured it wouldn`t take long for Hedman. But that was quicker than I thought.

Finally a good signing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad