GDT-Halifax vs. London-Tuesday, May 21

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Are you serious we all live in Canada therefore if theirs a hockey game being played especially the memorial cup at any time no matter what day of the week we go and watch it because its hockey.. Saskatoon/Regina/Saskatchewan will never have a NHL team. :teach:

That's a pretty disingenuous comment. Think before you post crap like this.

mickelson82

Nov 20, 2010
They can announce any amount of attendance they want, there was no where even close to 9000+ in that building last night.

I'm a Halifax fan, and I am tired of people using the excuse of back to back games, fatigue and all this BS. Halifax got caught off guard and outplayed, by a hungry hometown team in Saskatoon. And London just got dominated. These are 16-20 year old kids. Being tired and fatigued is not EVER an excuse.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
should be filled/.

Really? Because despite the fact that Halifax is nearly twice the size of Saskatoon they didn't sell out all of their playoff games and that is with playoff games involving the home team and an arena with 5000+ less seats. So, tell me, why should a smaller city should fill a larger arena for games that you guys won't go to?

dustybreaks

Dec 31, 2012
Really? Because despite the fact that Halifax is nearly twice the size of Saskatoon they didn't sell out all of their playoff games and that is with playoff games involving the home team and an arena with 5000+ less seats. So, tell me, why should a smaller city should fill a larger arena for games that you guys won't go to?

is this a joke??

because you weren't getting a ticket if you were going to the box office on game day in any series the mooseheads played in.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax

Like I said before Halifax loves their hockey.. Yes we may be twice the size:sarcasm:

and Halifax sold out every game and sold 96% every game of the regular season. you are the only person arguing this.. everyone sees the empty seats Portland, London and Halifax fans are posting on Facebook and on here saying see all those empty seats you wouldn't see that at our home rink. Anddd... Maybe a city half the size of Halifax shouldn't build arena that seats 15190 mean while the Metro Centre hold 10000 and if the memorial cup was played there today or back in 2000, you wouldn't see a empty seat.

A small city should fill their arena for support and the love of the game.

Saskatoon/Regina/Saskatchewan will never have a NHL team IMO

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS

its 10,500, roughly, and we did sell out. In 15 minutes, I believe, actually. Do your research before running your mouth.

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
Well regardless of "attendances", and "who loves their team more", I thought Martin Frk looked like a bonafide NHL-er.

Amazing performance by all the Moose.
Loving this tournament more and more.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Ticket packages were something like $650. That's almost $60/game!

I think that might have something to do with it. I don't know about anyone else, but find that kind of coin to watch junior hockey is pretty tough. If it were me, despite my love of junior hockey, wouldn't be able to afford these tickets and would only invest in the games that my team plays.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Maybe take your own advice. Just because some games were sold out doesn't mean they all were.

http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/schedule/list/team/57

We're talking about the playoffs here. I'm aware not every game was sold out because I was there. I'm a season ticket holder.

What's relevant is that big events, like the memorial cup, would sell out in Halifax. the amount of blue seats I see on TV looks like worse than the metro center when the team was dead last in the CHL.

Our weekday regular season games still drew 6,000-7,000 The very lowest being like 5,800 against Bathurst on a Wensday in October.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad