GDT-Halifax vs. London-Tuesday, May 21

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
This game is proof positive that back-to-backs make a big difference. Halifax is flying after the day of rest, and London just doesn't have anything in the tank with which to keep pace. If this Mooseheads squad had taken on the Blades two nights ago, the outcome would've been very different. Just as I suspect the Knights would be putting up a much better fight if they'd had a day off.

Shame on Saskatoon for no-showing this game :thumbd:

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Myself personally, I love junior hockey and, even if my team isn't playing, like watching the up and coming stars. Even at the inflated ticket prices ($60/ticket I do believe) I'd pay.

With that said, I can understand how your average junior hockey fan would only pay those prices to watch their own team.

Isn't the attendance already one of the highest tournaments thus far? The fact that it holds 15,000 people isn't helping.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
That 6th goal was some kind of beautiful. 8th was a dandy too.

You could sense that London was just starting to hope they could pull themselves off the mat, that if they could just make it 7-3... , then Mac & Frk hammered them down again.

I sure am gonna miss seeing these guys work this magic next year in Halifax.

BlueStorm

Aug 14, 2010
Halifax
That 6th goal was some kind of beautiful. 8th was a dandy too.

You could sense that London was just starting to hope they could pull themselves off the mat, that if they could just make it 7-3... , then Mac & Frk hammered them down again.

I sure am gonna miss seeing these guys work this magic next year in Halifax.

There is a chance they will all be back. Fucale will be back. Frk could be back as a 20 year old. Drouin will most likley be sent back due to size. MacKinnon is a question mark. If he comes back just leave the Memorial Cup on the steps on the Metro Center in October and save us the gas money:partytime:

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
There is a chance they will all be back. Fucale will be back. Frk could be back as a 20 year old. Drouin will most likley be sent back due to size. MacKinnon is a question mark. If he comes back just leave the Memorial Cup on the steps on the Metro Center in October and save us the gas money:partytime:

Fucale will be back for sure. Drouin has a chance to come back. MacKinnon will be in the NHL and Frk will be playing AHL.

Don't forget they have 2 Top 10 Import selections and the possibility of Eichel coming over in the summer.

Anichels

May 3, 2013
Hub City
Where is KingKadri? - I distinctly remember him saying, "The Knight will cycle the hell out of the Moose." on another board.

What I've never been able to understand about the Moose this season is that they don't seem to necessarily dominate in shot differential, yet they usually dominate on the scoreboard. For example, this game against the Knight - 11 shots, 5 goals in the 1st period.

I remember one game versus the Wildcats this season, they scored 8 goals on 29 shots, but the Cats completely outplayed and outshot them.

Is it just really good coaching? Their speed? Are they a run and gun offence (score on the rush)?

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Realllllllllllly hope Portland wins tomorrow! So that Halifax gets a bye to the finals. Making the trip out to Saskatoon from Calgary. My friends in Halifax have been ribbing me all season for being able to go to all the games, but at least it will be redeemed a little bit if I get to watch them in the MC finals. :)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Where the hell are all of the fans? Pathetic turnout.

This game is proof positive that back-to-backs make a big difference. Halifax is flying after the day of rest, and London just doesn't have anything in the tank with which to keep pace. If this Mooseheads squad had taken on the Blades two nights ago, the outcome would've been very different. Just as I suspect the Knights would be putting up a much better fight if they'd had a day off.

Shame on Saskatoon for no-showing this game :thumbd:

I was at the game. Sorry we can only get 9k+ to a 6pm game on a tuesday for a game involving two teams from the opposite end of the country. Tell me more about how amazing your city would have done to put more people in the building. :help:

The only ones who should be ashamed about the game today are the knights.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Where is KingKadri? - I distinctly remember him saying, "The Knight will cycle the hell out of the Moose." on another board.

What I've never been able to understand about the Moose this season is that they don't seem to necessarily dominate in shot differential, yet they usually dominate on the scoreboard. For example, this game against the Knight - 11 shots, 5 goals in the 1st period.

I remember one game versus the Wildcats this season, they scored 8 goals on 29 shots, but the Cats completely outplayed and outshot them.

Is it just really good coaching? Their speed? Are they a run and gun offence (score on the rush)?

From what I saw today London started taking some chances after falling behind and Halifax killed them in transition coming the other way. Both in transition and when they set up in the zone they just made smart, fundamental plays and cashed in on their chances. They seemed really well coached.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Go Moose Go! Missed the game due to work but it was obviously very one-sided.

The back-to-backs really need to disappear from this tournament. They just kill teams completely. A rested Mooseheads squad probably doesn't lose 5-2 to Saskatoon, and a rested Knights squad doesn't lose 9-2 to the Moose. Fatigue is such a huge factor in these games.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
I was at the game. Sorry we can only get 9k+ to a 6pm game on a tuesday for a game involving two teams from the opposite end of the country. Tell me more about how amazing your city would have done to put more people in the building. :help:

The only ones who should be ashamed about the game today are the knights.

should be filled/.

Last edited:

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Was that tickets sold or butts in seats? It was staggering to see how many prime lower-bowl seats were empty from start to finish last night. They rarely panned up to the upper bowl so I couldn't tell if there were several thousand fans sitting up there.

Anyway, I'll let it go. That was hardly a rousing game anyway. The back-to-back killed the Knights just as it did the Moose in the SAS/HAL game. I really hope POR gets the win tonight to deny SAS the bye to the final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad