Olympics: GDT: Gold medal game: ROC vs Finland

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice Powerplay... Russia is not conceding much. They look very determined!

Reactions: Svedu

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
You're trying to claim Olympic gold is not more significant to a country than a seasonal award like stanley cup? No one really cares that you don't watch the Olympic games.

Correct.

An event that nobody is actually tuning in to watch in 2022 is undeniably worth less than something that millions tune in to watch, yes.

If this were best on best, that would be a really good conversation, and the viewership for the womans game definitely showcases that if top Hockey athletes were here, the market would have been drastically different, unfortunately that didn't transpire.

So in what world would an Olympic gold medal mean more to a Canadian who's favorite team wins the Stanley cup? Not in this one, and it's not even in the same galaxy.

There's a reason why we're on page 2 here, and half the posts in this thread are of people trying to convince people like me who aren't even watching that this is more important than my favorite team hoisting the stanley cup.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Imagine Sweden don't even show the final game? Missing the first period completely. They think the womens skicross is more interesting to show, 40 participants have already crossed the line... Hockey will for sure decline in Sweden. This is the biggest sign there is. People just don't understand that football is so much bigger in Sweden than hockey.
Oh come the f*ck on, a studio talking 20 minutes about Johaugs predicted victory.

Tsemppiä Leijonat!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Correct.

An event that nobody is actually tuning in to watch in 2022 is undeniably worth less than something that millions tune in to watch, yes.

If this were best on best, that would be a really good conversation, and the viewership for the womans game definitely showcases that if top Hockey athletes were here, the market would have been drastically different, unfortunately that didn't transpire.

So in what world would an Olympic gold medal mean more to a Canadian who's favorite team wins the Stanley cup? Not in this one, and it's not even in the same galaxy.

There's a reason why we're on page 2 here, and half the posts in this thread are of people trying to convince people like me who aren't even watching that this is more important than my favorite team hoisting the stanley cup.
The big question here is why you are in this thread arguing about the importance of this game in the first place, if you're not even watching the game.

Reactions: Hint1k and ViD

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Lets go Russia!

Russia had some problems with Finland in playoffs games. Finland won in og 2014 and wc 2019/2016, Russians should be hungry for revenge.

Very exciteful times ahead! I think that our team Finnish Lions is looking strong favourites against the opposing team Russian teddy bears. Small margins can mean a lot today, it is important to stay alert from the first puck drop.

Russians start out physical.

Congrats to the gold Russia. I knew it. This team can't play BP and they don't have that energy Jalonens teams usually seem to have.

There is no way that Russia shutsout Finland, this game is far from pver, if the Russians get a couple more unanswered ones then it's over.

Russia isn't in this game??? :sarcasm:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Imagine Sweden don't even show the final game? Missing the first period completely. They think the womens skicross is more interesting to show, 40 participants have already crossed the line... Hockey will for sure decline in Sweden. This is the biggest sign there is. A lot of people outside Sweden just don't understand that football is so much bigger in Sweden than hockey.

In Japan we're getting curling and speed skating replays currently.

Reactions: Svedu

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Well, seeing your attitude to what any athlete in the world would consider most important and highly regarded honor to have, I hope your leafs continue their drought that began before the Vietnam War. Have a good one bubs.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
The big question here is why you are in this thread arguing about the importance of this game in the first place, if you're not even watching the game.

It popped up at the top when I opened hf, I figured I'd pop in and make a harmless joke.

I didn't realize how passionate some people are about this evidently.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Can we please stop bashing this tournament for not having NHL players?

Sure we didn't get the best players but we knew that before going in, at least we are getting some f***ing hockey with all these leagues and cups being cancelled for the past few years.

And the level of hockey? Sure overall it's pretty low but these 2 teams that are playing right now both could have won many of some IIHF world championship tournaments, there have been many NHL star filled teams that could very well be shutdown by this Finnish squad for example.

Sure winning this Gold medal wouldn't mean that much for me personally, I'm not going to the tori this time and I suppose not as many Finns do as we usually do when winning the worlds.

But I still care about it and I actually really want Filppulato get into the Triple Gold Cup, that actually means more to me this time, which is kinda weird I know...

Reactions: Svedu and mattihp

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Well, seeing your attitude to what any athlete in the world would consider most important and highly regarded honor to have, I hope your leafs continue their drought that began before the Vietnam War. Have a good one bubs.

You think Eric Staal would rather win Olympic gold against a bunch of bums, without NHL participation as a 40 year old has-been then take home a Stanley cup?

I think such a statement warrants a source.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad