Olympics: GDT: Gold medal game: ROC vs Finland

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Bit late to the party, but I'm glad we beat Russia. Looking forward to beating Russia again in the near future.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Bit late to the party, but I'm glad we beat Russia. Looking forward to beating Russia again in the near future.
captain-america-i-understood-that-reference.gif

Reactions: DowJones

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Strange but interesting video that I thought is worth sharing. Olympic gold starting goalie Harri Säteri and another Finnish player Jyrki Jokipakka saying good bye to to their Sibir KHL teammates as a result of Russia vs Ukraine war.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Strange but interesting video that I thought is worth sharing. Olympic gold starting goalie Harri Säteri and another Finnish player Jyrki Jokipakka saying good bye to to their Sibir KHL teammates as a result of Russia vs Ukraine war.

This scene, which will be played out throughout the KHL, seems like the right way to do it. The Finnish players, explaining their reasons for departing the team but conveying their friendship with their teammates, and the Russian Sibit players conveying their friendship and respect. This prevents unnecessarily burning any bridges.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This scene, which will be played out throughout the KHL, seems like the right way to do it. The Finnish players, explaining their reasons for departing the team but conveying their friendship with their teammates, and the Russian Sibit players conveying their friendship and respect. This prevents unnecessarily burning any bridges.

If things were to normalize in the future and whatever the Russian league is called then and should the clubs still have financial power to recruit imports, then it's these kind of gestures that will be remembered.

Reactions: heksagon

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
If things were to normalize in the future and whatever the Russian league is called then and should the clubs still have financial power to recruit imports, then it's these kind of gestures that will be remembered.

A return to minor disagreements over penalties and strategies and roster choices is something we can all hope for, knowing of course that it won't come easy, nor should it!

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
I prefer as a Finland hockey fan that Jokerit will suffer in the lower leagues - than welcome to the Finland Liiga right away.

No way they (Jokerit) will/can join KHL anyway when the war ends.

When Putin-style is ... dead.

They - Jokerit - have to suffer. The Finland hard way rock bottom to ... even highway to hell.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
The once mighty Russian owned arena Hartwall Arena in Helsinki is already a graveyard arena - with a new name.

The ol' Helsinki arena that host Liiga-team HIFK, oldest team in Finland (1879!) , will replace Hartwall Arena in the Worldchampionships - built in 1966!
1200px-Helsinki_Ice_Hall_2010.JPG

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
For Finnish hockey having both a major venue in Helsinki as well as two major teams in the city are of utmost importance, until now and going forward. Jokerit currently also has the best youth team in the country, not resolving both of these situations as soon as possible would be foolish and would more than negate the boost created by the Olympic success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad