GDT: Germany-Switzerland, Noon Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
another game where i have to fear a big loss again for my german guys. switzerland had a great showing so far and if i think of the natural rivalry, this could become very ugly. so i say 11-1 switzerland.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
zecke26 said:
another game where i have to fear a big loss again for my german guys. switzerland had a great showing so far and if i think of the natural rivalry, this could become very ugly. so i say 11-1 switzerland.

Naw, if Canada only scored 9 against the Germans I can't see how the Swiss will get 11. I will agree with a Swiss victory though.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
ryz said:
Naw, if Canada only scored 9 against the Germans I can't see how the Swiss will get 11. I will agree with a Swiss victory though.

it took two replies to have the word "canada" here. somehow it's really annoying. can we get a thread without canada please?

i think it's because switzerland will go the full 60min because of the rivalry. they will try to kick german butts. canada didn't have to do it and they slowed down a bit.

i wonder who'll be in goal for germany. both goalies had to eat a lot of goals.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
zecke26 said:
it took two replies to have the word "canada" here. somehow it's really annoying. can we get a thread without canada please?

Sorry, you are right. Swiss will be the first team to hit double digits in the tournament. GO SWISS

Jazz

zecke26 said:
it took two replies to have the word "canada" here. somehow it's really annoying. can we get a thread without canada please?...

This makes me wonder as to the demographics of the members of this board - I am off the mark in thinking that the majority (I mean greater than 50%) of the members here are from the land of the great white north? (I didn't say the word :) )

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Gurj said:
This makes me wonder as to the demographics of the members of this board - I am off the mark in thinking that the majority (I mean greater than 50%) of the members here are from the land of the great white north? (I didn't say the word :) )

hehe, that's right. and i don't have anything against this country, don't get me wrong here. it's just that there are a few other teams as well. and almost every thread even if it has nothing to do with the nice country turns into a thread about how great they are and how good crosby will be. i think i'm not the only european that is a bit pissed off here.
but i don't want to have a discussion about it here. it's the GDT of switzerland - germany and i think it'll be sad enough from a german point of view. :)

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Upon seeing both teams play, Switzerland three times at that- I have never seen a worse German offense, they will be lucky to poke home a goal. Ziffzer looks far more confident than Greiss( who was dissappointing). I'll say 4-1.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
game started:

00.00 GK in Switzerland 20. TOBLER, Michael
00.00 GK in Germany 30. ZIFFZER, Youri

not really a surprise that ziffzer's in goal, because his stats are a lot better than greiss'.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
1.51 2 min Germany 12. MULLER, Moritz Roughing

ehm...someone surprised here? :shakehead

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
it says 10-1 shots for switzerland so far. i guess we're somewhere in last quarter of the first period. it should be pretty fast without penalties (except of the one).

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
zecke26 said:
it says 10-1 shots for switzerland so far. i guess we're somewhere in last quarter of the first period. it should be pretty fast without penalties (except of the one).

Do we even have some offensive players? :(

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
16.22 2 min Switzerland 26. SPRUNGER, Julien Elbowing

so first PP for germany.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Franz said:
Do we even have some offensive players? :(

on paper yes, in reality no. i wonder if they will be able to shoot at least one time on their PP.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
12-5 shots now and this probably means that the period is over. you never know what this ticker is doing. :)

and riddarn, i expected kink, hospelt and carciola to provide some offense, but neither did it so far. no one can help this team to avoid relegation. i just hope that ziffzer will keep his net as empty as possible.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
i was a bit too fast:

19.57 2 min Germany 29. BAXMANN, Jens Roughing
19.03 2 min Germany 19. JANZEN, Alexander Unsportsmanlike Conduct

period is over and thanks to this brilliant play, switzerland will start the 2nd period with 5 on 3, so they'll make their first goal.
it's unbelievable how stupid germany plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad