Waived: GDT: Game #Loss v2 - 11.20.14 - vs Dogs - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

I Am Sidney Crosby*

Ugh, this team. You want them to win, they lose. You want them to lose, they win.

brinkmanjs

May 29, 2013
Central Texas
Really poured it on after "no goal" call. Klinger! Spezza! Definitely some awesome moments!:yo:
Kari played great except for the goal. All he had to do was sit on it til the whistle, but he wasn't sure he had it. Good win!:handclap:

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
It was a good win for the team, they started to play with some of the attacking creativity that got the job done last year - and for once didn't struggle moving the puck out of their own end.

Fix the special teams and they may have a chance. The team can be solid 5 on 5.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
DecimalRepentantGelada.gif

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
How Jokipakka played?

Fairly good.

He's getting his legs under him. Got a bad call against him, but his passes were good and he was physical.

Needs to put on some weight just like all of the other guys who got called up.

MetalGodAOD*

Also nice to see the Spezza line step up and add that depth scoring when Seguin/Benn get shut down. This might be the first game where they actually did what they were brought in to do that way .

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Got more ice time than Oleksiak so..

I really don't understand this. It's not that I'm against Jokipakka getting 13 minutes. In fact I'd prefer they both get 15 but is there some reason he got more ice time than Oleksiak? 8:30 minutes is quite frankly ridiculous. That's doing his development no favors and results in Daley/Goligoski getting over played. WTF Ruff?

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Oleksiak is still the youngest D-man on that roster. Klingberg and Jokipakka have played in men's leagues in Europe. Dillon's been in the NHL for a few years.

I am 100% okay with Oleksiak playing limited minutes right now.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I really don't understand this. It's not that I'm against Jokipakka getting 13 minutes. In fact I'd prefer they both get 15 but is there some reason he got more ice time than Oleksiak? 8:30 minutes is quite frankly ridiculous. That's doing his development no favors and results in Daley/Goligoski getting over played. WTF Ruff?

Agree completely and it's not like he's playing like trash out there earning no playing time. Sabres fans say Ruff really hurt Myers development and it's looking like he is doing the same to Oleksiak.
Looks like it might be a money ball situation where there is a power struggle between GM and Coach. GM says Oleksiak is gonna play. Coach doesn't like it maybe even says no so GM trades a veteran Dman and waives another. Coach says ok see how you like him getting 8 minutes a night then.
Ok maybe a little out there but it doesn't make sense to me either, seems damaging and counter productive to his development.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Oleksiak is still the youngest D-man on that roster. Klingberg and Jokipakka have played in men's leagues in Europe. Dillon's been in the NHL for a few years.

I am 100% okay with Oleksiak playing limited minutes right now.

Fewest minutes is fine, 14 minutes is fine, 8 minutes is not.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
He could use a few more shifts in place of Dillon or Daley, sure.

It'll come.

Hope your right, but my guess is Ruff will sit him for Jordie next game. Which would be BS considering what we have witnesses this season.
On the flip side, Klinger is something special, Moen and Fiddler make 2/3s a good grumpy old men shutdown line, and there may still be hope for the playoffs. That 3rd period was the team we have been waiting for. Lots of conference teams lost tonight I believe, so string a few wins together now and go from there.

MetalGodAOD*

Oleksiak may have also been benched a bit after failing to cover his man on the PK goal against.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Oleksiak may have also been benched a bit after failing to cover his man on the PK goal against.

That was my thought. He was the player most at fault for the single goal against in the game. It's not like limiting his minutes disadvantaged the team. Honestly he's not good enough at this point to deserve playing time over anyone else. Klingberg has earned top pairing minutes with excellent play. Oleksiak has yet to play excellently. He's still playing like a rookie and that's fine and to be expected but he's not going to get big minutes especially after he ****s up. If it had been Jordie making the same play everyone would be shouting for him to be benched

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad