GDT: GDT Feedback

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We've done it. We've survived a year. The Flyers made it hard, and the GDT downgrades made it harder. This is a utilitarian thread where I solicit suggestions or requests to improve future GDTs. What do you want to see? What worked? What sucked? How many electrons are in the Sun? I'm new to this and still making it up as I go, even if I settled into a rut.

Rules:

1) No thanking. I'm gonna delete that stuff. If anything, you should all be angry at me for reminding you that games are on. I've harmed you and done you a disservice aside from...five? games. Nobody should be thankful for that. I also got a ton of info wrong, but in my defense at least a couple times even the pregame skate lineups ended up not being accurate come puck drop.

2)
1681442477850.png

Alright, let loose

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
They served as adequate proof of life. For Beef, not the Flyers. Only one of those things is alive.

I would like to know where Tortorella intends to coach from in the GDT next year.

Bench, box, home(the rest of the world is working from home, so why not?), beach in Florida, etc.

I, too, flatly refused to come back to the office. This is the one thing I think he has right.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
They served as adequate proof of life. For Beef, not the Flyers. Only one of those things is alive.

I, too, flatly refused to come back to the office. This is the one thing I think he has right.

I cant say i blame you, but now we can't do lunch. Selfish bastard.

I guess ill just have to crash by your place when we vacation this year.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would like to know where Tortorella intends to coach from in the GDT next year.

Bench, box, home(the rest of the world is working from home, so why not?), beach in Florida, etc.

There's a non-zero chance he intends to coach from the GDT next year, just as soon as someone tells him how to mail the posts to the server.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
There's a non-zero chance he intends to coach from the GDT next year, just as soon as someone tells him how to mail the posts to the server.

Normally, i would 100% agree. But Tortorella doesnt believe in the internet. It didnt exist in widespread use before 1970, so it doesnt jive with his coaching philosophy.

I ran Cat6 cable out to the 2nd floor front deck last week. Plenty of room in the new office for another laptop. :laugh:

This sounds so incredibly appealing, you may just find yourself with a squatter this summer. Is your front one that gets sun-soaked in the morning or afternoon? My pasty irish skin can only take so much of the hot yellow ball.

Also - are the dogs mostly kid friendly? If they bite off a finger or two, i think i can live with that.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
This sounds so incredibly appealing, you may just find yourself with a squatter this summer. Is your front one that gets sun-soaked in the morning or afternoon? My pasty irish skin can only take so much of the hot yellow ball.

Also - are the dogs mostly kid friendly? If they bite off a finger or two, i think i can live with that.

It's covered. Couldn't possibly read a work laptop screen in direct sunlight.

Dogs are friendly. The two bigger ones would probably allow a saddle. So would the pug, but that won't go as far. Literally.

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE and Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's covered. Couldn't possibly read a work laptop screen in direct sunlight.

Dogs are friendly. The two bigger ones would probably allow a saddle. So would the pug, but that won't go as far. Literally.

Ill bring the pilsners, lagers and kolschs. what are else are WFH Fridays for?

"Team, im going to be a few minutes late to this call, need a few minutes to dry off from the pool."

Edit: I take it back, @JojoTheWhale - i can totally just use my earbuds and take the call from the float. What the hell was i thinking? This shows how long its been since i had a pool. I feel ashamed.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad