GDT: Carolina @Nashville Sibling Rivalry Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Trotz needs to throw himself under the bus for the way his team played last night and the continued lack of being competitive.
Again both goals last night where greasy deflections and luck. If those two goals do not go in we are shut out for the ?? time this year?
This team can't pass and can't shoot on the majority of nights.
It has no clue how to get the puck out of the other teams zone. ( get possession and flip it right back to the other team)
Who the hell teaches that or allows it to continue over and *** over???
On defense they look scared and lazy an hold their stick out while the other team figure skates around and passes with ease.

Continue to change line combos.

Get caught in line changes that cause odd man rushes way to much.

This team is hard to watch..

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Trotz needs to throw himself under the bus for the way his team played last night and the continued lack of being competitive.
Again both goals last night where greasy deflections and luck. If those two goals do not go in we are shut out for the ?? time this year?
It has no clue how to get the puck out of the other teams zone. ( get possession and flip it right back to the other team)
On defense they look scared and lazy an hold their stick out while the other team figure skates around and passes with ease.

We were ahead 2-1 and the goal they had was a fluke goal that should have been blown dead 10 seconds earlier as off-side - not sure you can say we weren't competitive all night.

The only line change was flipping Stahlberg and Smith; the Cullen line has been pretty stagnant and the Legwand line hadn't been finishing - it was a smart flip, those guys play the same role on their line and look what happened - chemistry with Nick and Vic.

Maybe some credit to EStaal and his line for pressure - they played like beasts out there. But since the KK/Weber injuries, we've certainly been pressed, and it really showed on Maz last night - those were SOFT goals except for the PP 4th one.

Greasy? The Spals/Stahls goal was great D and counter-attack and then Spals digging out a rebound - it was work, but it wasn't the da*n ping-ponging luck like Kessler had to beat us Tues. That was pretty hockey, not beautiful cindycrosby hockey, but solid work. The other one - woulda' been in as a rocket from Barts if Fish hadn't tipped it; Peters didn't see it coming from the way he was positioned. So, not greasy, either, nor was the goal Tuesday night - great play by Horny and good positioning by Colin.

Complaints; (1)Stahlberg can't finish worth a da*n - which is what the Chicago guys told us - he'll get breakaways and blow buy people, including the goalie, or he doesn't have control and fires wildly. (2)Fish was TERRIBLE handling the puck, passing the puck and he is generally finding the goalie's crest with his shot these days. (3)Stahlberg and the high sticks - good grief. (4) Wilson needs to shoot the ones when he decides to pass and pass the ones he's deciding to shoot. (5)The Fs on the PP standing at the blueline and not ready to either flow with the puck carrier or get the pass from him when he draws the D in. THAT is what is causing us to dump it in so much on the PP. (6)Whoever that was bailed on the left point on the 4-on-4 when we had all that pressure - you change when the puck is down low, not in the middle of the ice - nice that Cullen saw what happened and jumped on or they woulda' had 5 without the empty-netter.(7)Maz - I hate to criticize him cause he's been awesome if he were experienced let alone his situation, but that was a very poor effort last night. I would almost call-out Trotz on not changing after #3 but I figure he didn't wanna' embarrass the kid and shake his psyche. But I wan't Hutton Sat. (can't believe I said that, but he played a good 3rd and Maz needs a little break)

Trotz - while I disagree with your characterization and the whole throw himself under the bus, I am disappointed with ongoing passing and shooting issues. I'm used to us being streaky and I'll cut the D some slack this week with KK and Webs out and KK clearly not himself coming back last night, but fundamentals are fundamentals - he can't necessarily "fix" what guys do under pressure - like dump the puck prematurely - but he sure should be able to improve passing and puck-handling and general readiness by our Fs on the PP. Given what GMDP signed, I think we're getting about what we should figure as far as results, but I sure think we should see some things - like the fundamentals - be a WHOLE LOT better.

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville

In one of the intermission interviews on TV last night, one of the coaches (pretty sure it was Trotz but it might've been Housley) was saying that we were trying to carry it through the neutral zone too slow and that we had to get back to "chip and chase" to get things through. UGH. I've never played hockey so maybe the ole chip-and-chase is actually a good thing and I just don't realize that, but to me it sounds like "We're not talented enough to carry/possess the puck from our zone to the other team's zone, so we aren't even going to attempt to do it. Actually, we're going to discourage it. We're going to encourage our players to chip the puck past defenders in the neutral zone and then hopefully chase it down and regain possession".

I'm no expert but it seems that strategy isn't working.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
In one of the intermission interviews on TV last night, one of the coaches (pretty sure it was Trotz but it might've been Housley) was saying that we were trying to carry it through the neutral zone too slow and that we had to get back to "chip and chase" to get things through. UGH. I've never played hockey so maybe the ole chip-and-chase is actually a good thing and I just don't realize that, but to me it sounds like "We're not talented enough to carry/possess the puck from our zone to the other team's zone, so we aren't even going to attempt to do it. Actually, we're going to discourage it. We're going to encourage our players to chip the puck past defenders in the neutral zone and then hopefully chase it down and regain possession".

I'm no expert but it seems that strategy isn't working.
It was Trotz and it was too funny since just yesterday someone on here doubted Trotz was telling the players to dump and chase.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Ticket offers include college night discounts, they have had several BOGO offers, turn in your non-winning TN lottery ticket and get a free or discounted ticket, and reduced prices on game days. It's also the feeling that the STH are being taken for granted. I know one long time STH who has not renewed for next season yet. I complained to my rep yesterday about the offers and that some of us STH are not happy about the direction the team is going in. I would keep an eye on the official website drwpreds.

Thanks- I knew about most of those- problem for those of us who are out of state is we can only come to weekend (Saturday) games, and there usually aren't any deals on those games..........

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
there is nothing wrong with chip and chase, or even dump and chase. How you come through the neutral zone in relation to defenders dictates this. If guys are backchecking well and defenders stand up more on the blue line, you chip or dump, if they play off you can skate it in. Or you can try and stick handle around 4 guys and turn the puck over.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I've never heard Trotz throw any player under the bus like he did Maz tonight, well except for Klein and Legwand.

He threw Maz under the bus? Are you f'in kidding me? F Trotz. Maz is the only reason we're even treading water with Rinne out. Get Trotz out of here. There's always an excuse except why the team doesn't perform. Well I can't wait for the door to hit him on the way out the door.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
We were ahead 2-1 and the goal they had was a fluke goal that should have been blown dead 10 seconds earlier as off-side - not sure you can say we weren't competitive all night.

The only line change was flipping Stahlberg and Smith; the Cullen line has been pretty stagnant and the Legwand line hadn't been finishing - it was a smart flip, those guys play the same role on their line and look what happened - chemistry with Nick and Vic.

Maybe some credit to EStaal and his line for pressure - they played like beasts out there. But since the KK/Weber injuries, we've certainly been pressed, and it really showed on Maz last night - those were SOFT goals except for the PP 4th one.

Greasy? The Spals/Stahls goal was great D and counter-attack and then Spals digging out a rebound - it was work, but it wasn't the da*n ping-ponging luck like Kessler had to beat us Tues. That was pretty hockey, not beautiful cindycrosby hockey, but solid work. The other one - woulda' been in as a rocket from Barts if Fish hadn't tipped it; Peters didn't see it coming from the way he was positioned. So, not greasy, either, nor was the goal Tuesday night - great play by Horny and good positioning by Colin.

Complaints; (1)Stahlberg can't finish worth a da*n - which is what the Chicago guys told us - he'll get breakaways and blow buy people, including the goalie, or he doesn't have control and fires wildly. (2)Fish was TERRIBLE handling the puck, passing the puck and he is generally finding the goalie's crest with his shot these days. (3)Stahlberg and the high sticks - good grief. (4) Wilson needs to shoot the ones when he decides to pass and pass the ones he's deciding to shoot. (5)The Fs on the PP standing at the blueline and not ready to either flow with the puck carrier or get the pass from him when he draws the D in. THAT is what is causing us to dump it in so much on the PP. (6)Whoever that was bailed on the left point on the 4-on-4 when we had all that pressure - you change when the puck is down low, not in the middle of the ice - nice that Cullen saw what happened and jumped on or they woulda' had 5 without the empty-netter.(7)Maz - I hate to criticize him cause he's been awesome if he were experienced let alone his situation, but that was a very poor effort last night. I would almost call-out Trotz on not changing after #3 but I figure he didn't wanna' embarrass the kid and shake his psyche. But I wan't Hutton Sat. (can't believe I said that, but he played a good 3rd and Maz needs a little break)

Trotz - while I disagree with your characterization and the whole throw himself under the bus, I am disappointed with ongoing passing and shooting issues. I'm used to us being streaky and I'll cut the D some slack this week with KK and Webs out and KK clearly not himself coming back last night, but fundamentals are fundamentals - he can't necessarily "fix" what guys do under pressure - like dump the puck prematurely - but he sure should be able to improve passing and puck-handling and general readiness by our Fs on the PP. Given what GMDP signed, I think we're getting about what we should figure as far as results, but I sure think we should see some things - like the fundamentals - be a WHOLE LOT better.

They got outworked and outplayed 90% of the game last night. I guess we view hockey differently.

It's no way you can say Bartleys goal would have went in without going off of Fisher. That's just silly.

The other goal your right was a hard but hard work does not mean it wasn't a dirty creasy goal because it was. A lucky bounce and tip in mid air.

I was not talking about Wilson and Hornys goal so i am not sure why you brought it up. It was a completely different game that we lost by the way..

It's not just dumping the puck into are zone and chasing. It's the as soon as we get possession and anyone is with in 15 ft they blindly flip the puck in a direction and the majority of the time it goes right back to the other team. It's awful and disgusting especially when you watch how easy other teams get possession and pass out.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
The so called "security" outside the arena is really pissing me off this season. It gets worse as each game goes by. Gone are the days when you could just walk to the doors w/o being harassed and questioned about your phone and car keys.

I felt perfectly safe and happy long before the league or whoever decided to pucker up.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
He threw Maz under the bus? Are you f'in kidding me? F Trotz. Maz is the only reason we're even treading water with Rinne out. Get Trotz out of here. There's always an excuse except why the team doesn't perform.
True he has bailed us out but did you see maz last night? I sat 20 feet behind him in the second and called for him to be pulled after the 2nd goal. He looked drugged. Literally. He was struggling to get up and down. He was slow to get positioned. He skated to the bench during the break like a 90 year old. If he wasnt sick or hurt then he wasn't ready.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
True he has bailed us out but did you see maz last night? I sat 20 feet behind him in the second and called for him to be pulled after the 2nd goal. He looked drugged. Literally. He was struggling to get up and down. He was slow to get positioned. He skated to the bench during the break like a 90 year old. If he wasnt sick or hurt then he wasn't ready.

I watched the game and while he may have had a bad night, Rinne has had plenty of bad nights in the past. Plenty of guys on the team looked like crap last night but hey, let's single out the rookie goalie for his poor play. Oh, of course it can't be Trotz's fault for any of this either. He's a freaking saint while all others to blame. That's the problem right there.

True story about Al Arbour. He blamed himself for the teams failures early on in his NY Islander tenure. It was a rallying point that the team built upon and went on to win 4 Stanley Cup championships. Not saying Trotz has to be a martyr but to continually throw young players under the bus and not treat them the same as vets, you're not going to get very far when all is said and done. This is the team HE wanted and if that's what HE wanted, then HE needs to go. I have no interest in going to watch this crap anymore. I'll watch on TV but won't spend another dollar until something changes because this is ridiculous.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I watched the game and while he may have had a bad night, Rinne has had plenty of bad nights in the past. Plenty of guys on the team looked like crap last night but hey, let's single out the rookie goalie for his poor play. Oh, of course it can't be Trotz's fault for any of this either. He's a freaking saint while all others to blame. That's the problem right there.

True story about Al Arbour. He blamed himself for the teams failures early on in his NY Islander tenure. It was a rallying point that the team built upon and went on to win 4 Stanley Cup championships. Not saying Trotz has to be a martyr but to continually throw young players under the bus and not treat them the same as vets, you're not going to get very far when all is said and done. This is the team HE wanted and if that's what HE wanted, then HE needs to go. I have no interest in going to watch this crap anymore. I'll watch on TV but won't spend another dollar until something changes because this is ridiculous.

Did you actually see the press conference? Trotz did not just single out Maz. He did a lot of players and the whole team. I'm not saying Trotz isn't to blame as well because he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA5jFEw1tw8

Last edited:

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
I'm not even mad at Maz for sucking. He was probably like "Ya know what, I'm sick of playing awesome while the rest of you suck. I'm gonna throw some suckage into the ring tonight as well!". Can't really hate on him after how unexpectedly well he's played until last night; I'd say he's earned an off night and the benefit of the doubt from us. He'll come back strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad