GDT: GDT Caps v Flaming Flamers 9 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
giphy.gif

Dang yall, no GDT yet?

Never been to Calgary but I heard it smells like cow shit.

(mod edit for lines)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Really want to go to Banff at some point. Heard it’s amazing.

But yeah, go Caps. Win this one and I’ll feel better about them turning a corner.

While in Banff, don't forget to visit some of the other (fairly close) huge national or provincial parks nearby - Jasper National Park, Kananaskis Country/Bow Valley Park, Waterton Lakes National Park...I recommend renting a car and driving the Bow Valley Parkway and then the Icefields Parkway. Just make sure you stay away from the bears - they can and will eat you! (you probably know this, but some people think bears are friendly lol). Lots of other areas to hit up (like the Badlands and the Royal Tyrrell Museum (Dinosaurs!), but that's going a bit further away from Banff. Going into BC and checking out the mountains on their side is worth it too. Oh, and don't be one of those people that goes to Banff, and then Lake Louise and stops there - at least see Moraine Lake which is only another 15 minutes from Lake Louise - called the Valley of the 10 Peaks, and on the back of the old $20 Canadian bills. Definitely worth a visit (just search google images to take a peak yourself). Banff is beautiful and definitely worth the visit all on its' own, but there are some other really nice areas within a couple hours' worth of a drive away too.

As for the game, looking forward to this. Caps are a follow of mine since the Bondra days, and I am curious to see how the Flames stack up against them right now. I still think the Caps are a top 5 -10 at worst team and still a legit contender. I am sure it will be a good game, win or lose! Good luck!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
While in Banff, don't forget to visit some of the other (fairly close) huge national or provincial parks nearby - Jasper National Park, Kananaskis Country/Bow Valley Park, Waterton Lakes National Park...I recommend renting a car and driving the Bow Valley Parkway and then the Icefields Parkway. Just make sure you stay away from the bears - they can and will eat you! (you probably know this, but some people think bears are friendly lol). Lots of other areas to hit up (like the Badlands and the Royal Tyrrell Museum (Dinosaurs!), but that's going a bit further away from Banff. Going into BC and checking out the mountains on their side is worth it too. Oh, and don't be one of those people that goes to Banff, and then Lake Louise and stops there - at least see Moraine Lake which is only another 15 minutes from Lake Louise - called the Valley of the 10 Peaks, and on the back of the old $20 Canadian bills. Definitely worth a visit (just search google images to take a peak yourself). Banff is beautiful and definitely worth the visit all on its' own, but there are some other really nice areas within a couple hours' worth of a drive away too.

As for the game, looking forward to this. Caps are a follow of mine since the Bondra days, and I am curious to see how the Flames stack up against them right now. I still think the Caps are a top 5 -10 at worst team and still a legit contender. I am sure it will be a good game, win or lose! Good luck!
This is great! Thanks for taking the time to write it. Now off to Google to check flight prices…

Good luck tonight. Not too much luck but maybe enough luck for an OTL for Calgary?? :thumbu:

Reactions: Reinhart

jetsfan91

May 29, 2013
How’s Mantha looking since he’s come back? Just picked him up in fantasy.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Now *I* want to go to Calgary. Especially if most of the people are half as cool as @Reinhart .

Hope just not suck.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Ive been watching the Flames alot recently. This could get ugly fast they might be the best team in the league. Only saving hope is they played last night and we get a backup goalie.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Number of pages… if we are playing well and winning then 3-4 pages. If we suck and get behind, Vanny lets in a bad goal, then 6-8.

I’m a night person, so I’ll be watching. And while I hate to drink on a Tuesday night, this may be one of those nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad