WJC: GDT: Canada – Slovakia (6:30 p.m. ET)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So many high danger chances allowed by this D group in that game. Both of the Slovaks last two goals were just guys wide open in the slot from blown coverage. And lots of odd man rush opportunities and broken plays where the Slovaks simply outworked them along the boards.

Milic had to be a lot better than he had to be
Part of the problem is the offensive defensemen they brought along seem to be weak defensively, while the ones that are decent defensively don't seem to bring much of an offensive game (at this level) to the table.

Canada doesn't seem to have that guy that can both run the PP *and* be on the shutdown pairing to go up against the other team's top guy.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
So many high danger chances allowed by this D group in that game. Both of the Slovaks last two goals were just guys wide open in the slot from blown coverage. And lots of odd man rush opportunities and broken plays where the Slovaks simply outworked them along the boards.

Milic had to be a lot better than he had to be
I agree.

Today was NOT a good game for all but a handful Canadian players. I'm not sure if the players were scared to make a mistake but many of them were choking with the puck.

As for losing the board battles, there is NO excuse and it cannot continue against the U.S..

Wright needs to step up. So does Fantilli. The D needs to stay in their lanes and play basic hockey because, at times, they were lost out there.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I 1,000,000% guarantee that this 5'3" Canadian goaler is going to get ripped apart by a country with superior shooters.
I 1,000,000% agree. Good thing he's not on team Canada's roster..

Well, for Canada it's all about winning no? I might be totally wrong in my guarantee, but I see that lad in the net and he just screams an uncomfortable aura based on his body language. Yeah, he made some big stops, but 98% of those chances were all close to the ground where Milic excels. Playing against the USA shooters will be a totally different story, that's my prediction based on my lifetime of watching and playing hockey.

And enjoy? I could care less who wins or loses as I am neutral, the real question is why don't you care about the lad for Slovakia who had almost sixty shots on him and lost? Why don't you feel for him? I think he deserved to win it more than the Canadian netminder or anyone else on Canada for that matter except Bednard.
Go Canada Go

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Just watched the recap, and yeah that was alot more exciting than I expected it to be. Well played Slovakia.

As for the last goal, yeah that was sick it was basically a full shift of bedard doing bedard stuff - but man, the slovaks could barely skate, they needed to get the puck out badlybut couldnt. So tired.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Just watched the recap, and yeah that was alot more exciting than I expected it to be. Well played Slovakia.

As for the last goal, yeah that was sick it was basically a full shift of bedard doing bedard stuff - but man, the slovaks could barely skate, they needed to get the puck out badlybut couldnt. So tired.
Yea. That sick goal wouldn´t happen if they weren´t tired as hell. They were barely standing on their feet.

Reactions: Nowotny

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Part of the problem is the offensive defensemen they brought along seem to be weak defensively, while the ones that are decent defensively don't seem to bring much of an offensive game (at this level) to the table.

Canada doesn't seem to have that guy that can both run the PP *and* be on the shutdown pairing to go up against the other team's top guy.
I’d like to see what Korchinski could do, but at this point the dumbass coach has made up his mind with Zellweger and Clarke

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I’d like to see what Korchinski could do, but at this point the dumbass coach has made up his mind with Zellweger and Clarke
I mean it’s not like he hasn’t had any opportunity to show himself and he got sat last game after a mistake. Played 8:06 last night which was the least he played all tournament.
The game before that against Sweden was the second least at 9:12

Before that he average about 14:25. The coaches clearly didn’t like what they saw from him hence the drop in ice time for the big games.

I personally didn’t think he was very impressive and certainly didn’t look better than Zellweger or Clarke. He should play a big role next year when they’re gone.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I keep having to remind myself that Bedard turned 17 on July 17th, 2022.

Already one of, if not the greatest WJHC performance ever.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

That's Logan Mailloux music you're playing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad