GDT-Bruins vs Islanders, Webster Bank Arena, 7:30 PM, ITV

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I hate when these guys circle back into their zone.... drives me absolutely crazy. Also when they turn it over.... that too

They are too tentative moving forward. Ho-Sang is shifty and quick enough to pull it off verses this ****** Bruins lineup. Everyone else is just making it harder to get it deep in the zone.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Strome should be upset.

he looked really bad on that play but in fairness, Ho-Sang and DalColle showed their youth and how far away they are from being NHL players. Ho-Sang doesn't realize he can't beat players 1on1 at this level, not easily and not without huge risks especially in the neutral zone. DalColle making smart reads but he doesn't have the time to make the plays he's used to making in junior.

That shift was a lot of failed poor offensive attempts, in the neutral zone, and R. Smith out-muscled Strome and scored on a breakaway.

Chad Johnson's stats look awful and he's probably seeing (for the first time in his young career) how helpless a goalie is with defensive play like tonight.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
he looked really bad on that play but in fairness, Ho-Sang and DalColle showed their youth and how far away they are from being NHL players. Ho-Sang doesn't realize he can't beat players 1on1 at this level, not easily and not without huge risks especially in the neutral zone. DalColle making smart reads but he doesn't have the time to make the plays he's used to making in junior.

That shift was a lot of failed poor offensive attempts, in the neutral zone, and R. Smith out-muscled Strome and scored on a breakaway.

Chad Johnson's stats look awful and he's probably seeing (for the first time in his young career) how helpless a goalie is with defensive play like tonight.

Yeah, I was watching Ho-Sang waiting for him to skate off...because he was out there too long as well. He stood still near the blue line catching his breathe waiting for a pass. Can't do that at this level. Though, I do think he showed flashes of his talent and he will be pretty good in the future.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I'm not about to blame Stome on that turnover.... but I still think he didn't show enough with the opportunity he was given to make the team. MDC and JHS are definitely raw, but I liked what I saw.... there's definitely a lot of high end untapped ability in there.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Ugly game.

Only positives were Nelson and Ho-Sang had a good 3rd period.

Strome with 2 turnovers that led to goals. Also thought JT line would have been more dominate.

We NEED another vet Dman.

Cuts are tomorrow. Hopefully that means we can start working on special teams and get our lines situated.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
I agree it was a deadman's pass but Strome just doesn't look physically able to handle any muscle from other players...

no i agree with that also, that is why i think nelson and lee are further along with development due to that..strome def needs to bulk up

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Someone who was at the game please fill us in on the Gallant fight. All we got to see was him skating the box. Slowest camera ever.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Guys how has Ross Johnston looked tonight or has he seen ice at all?

Your boy finally got some action.....he was in a fight and got completely outclassed...crushed even Apollo Creed style. Had to go to the lockerroom after leaving his blood on the ice. The announcers spent the next five minutes making fun of him. He'll be back to the hole he crawled out from in no time and you will have your drinking buddy back :nod:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Your boy finally got some action.....he was in a fight and got completely outclassed...crushed even Apollo Creed style. Had to go to the lockerroom after leaving his blood on the ice. The announcers spent the next five minutes making fun of him. He'll be back to the hole he crawled out from in no time and you will have your drinking buddy back :nod:

That was harsh.... the kid played his guts out tonight.... left his blood sweat and tears on the ice. :sarcasm:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm not about to blame Stome on that turnover.... but I still think he didn't show enough with the opportunity he was given to make the team. MDC and JHS are definitely raw, but I liked what I saw.... there's definitely a lot of high end untapped ability in there.

I thought Strome was in position to recover and he was completely out-muscled. That's the part I'm upset about, and I think he was as well.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Agreed...but I would still be shocked if Strome is not in the lineup in Carolina

Unless one of our RW's gets injured, put me down for the opposite. I think Lee starts on the top line LW with Nelson switching between C and LW on the 2nd line. Strome and Pulock go down, Reinhart, Conacher and Brennan make the team.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Unless one of our RW's gets injured, put me down for the opposite. I think Lee starts on the top line LW with Nelson switching between C and LW on the 2nd line. Strome and Pulock go down, Reinhart, Conacher and Brennan make the team.

It sucks, but I think Nelson is a better winger than Grabovski, even though Nelson at C is better than Nelson at wing.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Yeah, I was watching Ho-Sang waiting for him to skate off...because he was out there too long as well. He stood still near the blue line catching his breathe waiting for a pass. Can't do that at this level. Though, I do think he showed flashes of his talent and he will be pretty good in the future.

amazing quickness while stickhandling at speed. Very few players can do this. Sadly, that doesn't work in the NHL, he'll have to adjust his game as he matures. Hopefully he can/will do that and not become a Kabanov, but a KANE instead!

Also, man alive could this franchise use a young goaltender like Subban. It's the one thing they just do not have right now.

He was so impressive, start to finish. Wow.

I think Lee earned a spot over Strome.

Or Conacher over BOTH.

I seriously think Strome and Lee start in Bridgeport.

Nelson Tavares Okposo
Kulemin Grabovski Conacher
Grabner Nielsen Bailey
Martin Cizikas Clutterbuck
Boulton McDonald

BP:
Lee Strome Collberg
Persson Sundstrom
Halmo Moullierat Zolniercyk

Last edited:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I've been saying Donovan doesn't have much time this year to claim a spot on the roster. After this pre-season I can't see them keeping him around at all.

Overall the defensive prospects look like they need more time to grow.

This club would benefit from a trade for a stop gap.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I've been saying Donovan doesn't have much time this year to claim a spot on the roster. After this pre-season I can't see them keeping him around at all.

Overall the defensive prospects look like they need more time to grow.

This club would benefit from a trade for a stop gap.

He'll get claimed by a team who can protect him and let him develop. I am not saying that he's gonna be a guy we worry about losing five years from now, but I don't think he'll clear waivers. I think that would be a loss because I think D-men, especially puck moving D-men, take time to develop. Will he ever develop? I have no idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad