GDT Arizona / Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I am surprised that they move to SLC. I thought Houston would be the destination. I guess Bettman is keeping Houston for an expension team in a near future.

Reactions: NicRattlehead

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It would be really foolish to pass up on some of these defensemen. I don't care about the depth when you have a potential star number 1D available.
It would also go against what Hughes has said repeatedly yesterday -- they will go BPA, regardless of position. He added that if it happens to be a D, he would entertain a trade but it's BPA all the way. Hughes aligns with your train of thought, no sense speculating otherwise.

Jul 6, 2016
yeah I fell much better at 5 than 6 or 7. I know we can possibly drop but that just how the lotto goes. we did what we needed to do and that was finish as low as possible with out completely wrecking our teams mentality and drive... which is a hard task to do... but thanks to those beautiful roadkill Coyotes winning their last game 3 years in a row this rebuild looks very promising!
Yeah. They have a good young core and have a very good coach too.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I am surprised that they move to SLC. I thought Houston would be the destination. I guess Bettman is keeping Houston for an expension team in a near future.
SLC has an owner ready to get a team now instead of trying to negotiate with Fertitta who owns the Rockets and the arena in Houston

Reactions: dinodebino

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
f*** this has been a great night! all the stress from all year, wondering if we can finish bottom 5? all the 1 goal games and over times... all the last minute miracles that had to happen... feels good to only have to worry about some lottery balls now :)
I have an awful lot of goats to sacrifice in the next 2 weeks after running tankathon until we won because I'm a superstitious bastard like that

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not sure if Silayev is a potential star #1 dman, I like Levshunov but he does seem like a Sergachev clone who in my books isn't exactly a star 1D either, and Dickinson's offense worries me. Buium is my favorite dman of the class. Kid just does it all and screams superstar.
Safe to speculate that Buium is very likely to be taken among the top 4?

Regardless, we still have a lottery placing to unfold, so who knows where they'll end up. Still, nice going into lottery day with the 5th spot.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Safe to speculate that Buium is very likely to be taken among the top 4?

Regardless, we still have a lottery placing to unfold, so who knows where they'll end up. Still, nice going into lottery day with the 5th spot.
I would be shocked, but crazy things have happened before

Reactions: Runner77

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
It's been a pleasure tanking with all you fine beautiful folk. You could all be ugly hideous bastards for all I know, but you're beautiful to me...and isn't that the most important thing?

Cheers
You're making me blush bro stop :sarcasm:

Obese man is blushing, wearing Montreal Canadiens jersey. Rotten teeth, pale skin, hideous traits.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Buium is who I had in mind. But, Silayev is a rare breed. If he hits on his potential he'll be dominant.

Grant seems to think Parekh and Yaremchuk are high on NHL lists. He's a clown, but a connected one.
Connected? Only on account of Habs seepage, but I don't think anyone has ever shown that the clown had reliable info from any other team. There's a lot of self-aggrandizement by him and he's a giant bore whenever he's called in for his "expert" advice.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Welp, it had to be done. Can't keep playing out of a 5,000 seat arena. Always had terrible ownership.

That team is going to be good really soon, though. What hockey fans they did have had to go through a lot of crap only to watch their team leave just as they're about to turn the corner on the ice.

In 5 years time, they'll get a new franchise and have to go through crap again as this young team is probably making noise in the Western Conference.

Good luck, Arizona. And thanks for the tanking memories.

They were fine at first. They had a decent team in the 90s playing in Phoenix and the arena seemed to have a good vibe.... it's just too bad that the building wasn't built for hockey, so that's why they had to move.

In those days you had names like roenick, tkachuk, gartner, tocchet, ronning, khabibulin etc...

The problems started when they left phoenix. There were basically two main partners who owned the yotes. One wanted to go to Scottsdale, and the other to glendale. The glendale partner got his wish, and the other partner then sold his share.

Glendale was a risk, and it was compounded by the recession because whatever development they had in mind came to grinding halt. Anyone who has gone to glendale will tell you how far removed that arena is. Location matters.

In an alternate universe, if they went to Scottsdale, I'm pretty sure they would be doing well.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
It's been 3 years now that we finish 1 pt behind the Yotes.
Our defensive prospects/players are better but their forwards are so much better and way more talented than ours.

Reactions: Runner77

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I'm not sure if Silayev is a potential star #1 dman, I like Levshunov but he does seem like a Sergachev clone who in my books isn't exactly a star 1D either, and Dickinson's offense worries me. Buium is my favorite dman of the class. Kid just does it all and screams superstar.
The Habs wont take Buium. I mean he will be gone by #5 imo and it they win the lottery and are in the top 2 they take Celebrini or Demidov.

Reactions: Rozz

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Imagine being wholeheartedly convinced that Winnipeg is a better market than Quebec city. :loony:
The Jets were revived thanks to the Thompson family, who are quite wealthy. There is no one in Quebec that I could think of that is wealthy enough to sustain an NHL franchise in Quebec City. PKP tried to make a show out of it which triggered the NHL it seems. Let's be real, I wouldn't give a team to this guy. Saputo seems uninterested. He's from Montreal, anyway. I thought Houston was the clear frontrunner, but Salt Lake has a colder climate. It might work this time, who knows? Other franchises will follow suit. Vegas won't be there for long. We all know that was a publicity stunt. Other leagues are trying there now, so the Knights will have lots of competition.

The Canes, Sabres, Preds, Blue Jackets, Blues and Panthers are in deep trouble too. Also, having 3 teams in the greater NYC seems silly. The Devils should be moved to another town. Lastly, Bettman's plan is failling and the recent moves of the Thrashers and Yotes are proving that the other NHL owners are starting to favour more traditional hockey markets. Kinda stupid that they let the Yotes owner keep the rights to a dormant franchise for 5 years. Was that a Bettman condition? He really loves his Yotes in the morning. After 28 years in the desert, do they still believe it could work?

Reactions: Leto and Rozz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad