GDT Arizona / Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm not sure if Silayev is a potential star #1 dman, I like Levshunov but he does seem like a Sergachev clone who in my books isn't exactly a star 1D either, and Dickinson's offense worries me. Buium is my favorite dman of the class. Kid just does it all and screams superstar.

Buium is who I had in mind. But, Silayev is a rare breed. If he hits on his potential he'll be dominant.

Grant seems to think Parekh and Yaremchuk are high on NHL lists. He's a clown, but a connected one.

Reactions: mdk and MarkovsKnee

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
There’s no potential in Quebec. It’ll be worse than Winnipeg. Fans will go but in terms of viewership and corporate sponsors, it doesn’t sniff the potential of these US cities.

Completely disagree. It would freaking explode. And esp. it would be freaking fantastic for the hockey in the province. There has been an incredible drop in kids playing hockey since the Nords left. There would be an energy everywhere that would be contagious. I know my people. There would be a great source of pride. Not to mention the connection with the Habs, it would be financially a gold mine. And Quebec is much richer than when they left. Plus I think the companies would invest a lot in the club cause hockey is license to print money in this province.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Welp, it had to be done. Can't keep playing out of a 5,000 seat arena. Always had terrible ownership.

That team is going to be good really soon, though. What hockey fans they did have had to go through a lot of crap only to watch their team leave just as they're about to turn the corner on the ice.

In 5 years time, they'll get a new franchise and have to go through crap again as this young team is probably making noise in the Western Conference.

Good luck, Arizona. And thanks for the tanking memories.
That's what happened with the Nordiques. the 1st year in Colorado, they won the Cup...OUCH !

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Welp, it had to be done. Can't keep playing out of a 5,000 seat arena. Always had terrible ownership.

That team is going to be good really soon, though. What hockey fans they did have had to go through a lot of crap only to watch their team leave just as they're about to turn the corner on the ice.

In 5 years time, they'll get a new franchise and have to go through crap again as this young team is probably making noise in the Western Conference.

They’ll be good assuming this new owner decides to spend rather than just take on “retired” players that insurance pay.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Reminds me a bit of when Quebec City moved to Colorado. They had good young pieces there only to see the team finally win once they moved. Salt Lake won't be the 96 Avs but I can see them having success that the Coyotes simply never had once their young core comes along. They got prospects and now an owner willing to spend money.

Reactions: Leto and 1909

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Completely disagree. It would freaking explode. And esp. it would be freaking fantastic for the hockey in the province. There has been an incredible drop in kids playing hockey since the Nords left. There would an energy everywhere that would be contagious. I know my people. There would be a great source of pride. Not to mention to connection with the Habs, it would be financially a gold mine.
The market has been eaten completely by the Habs. You’ll have those old diehards that will go back cheering for the Nords, but it’s not the same as before. Only Quebec City cares about the rivalry with Montreal. We don’t think of them as much as they think we do.

Again, fans would go but the reach is limited. It’s not like a metropolitan US city with millions of potential fans. There’s no reason for the NHL to go back there other than the fact they already have an arena. Places like Houston, Kansas City and Cincinnati will bring more money.

Reactions: mdk and ElQuebecois

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
Reminds me a bit of when Quebec City moved to Colorado. They had good young pieces there only to see the team finally win once they moved. Salt Lake won't be the 96 Avs but I can see them having success that the Coyotes simply never had once their young core comes along. They got prospects and now an owner willing to spend money.
Nolan, Sundin, Sakic, Forsberg, Foote.... i was just 10 but my heart was broken. BROKEN!

Reactions: donghabs98 and 1909

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Coyotes have a great cap situation. All they need is an owner willing to spend and they can get a lot better fast.

What's sad for them is Arizona had more potential to attract UFAs than Salt Lake if they had great management/culture/facilities. Low taxes, great weather and anonymity.

Reactions: donghabs98 and Rozz

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
f*** this has been a great night! all the stress from all year, wondering if we can finish bottom 5? all the 1 goal games and over times... all the last minute miracles that had to happen... feels good to only have to worry about some lottery balls now :)

We can watch highlight videos of the top end prospects and focus knowing we're very well getting one of them, for sure.

Reactions: habsfan891 and Rozz

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The market has been eaten completely by the Habs. You’ll have those old diehards that will go back cheering for the Nords, but it’s not the same as before. Only Quebec City cares about the rivalry with Montreal. We don’t think of them as much as they think we do.

It was far worse when the Nords came in the NHL when they were nothing and the Habs were still a dynasty back then. Now people spend a lot more and they would devour everything that would be the Nords, they would make a fortune.

Again, fans would go but the reach is limited. It’s not like a metropolitan US city with millions of potential fans. There’s no reason for the NHL to go back there other than the fact they already have an arena. Places like Houston, Kansas City and Cincinnati will bring more money.

It's been proven now that that population and size does not matter to the success of a franchise and the Coyotes proves it. What matters the most is INTEREST. The UFC gets that. The NHL, not so much.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
We can watch highlight videos of the top end prospects and focus knowing we're very well getting one of them, for sure.
yeah I fell much better at 5 than 6 or 7. I know we can possibly drop but that just how the lotto goes. we did what we needed to do and that was finish as low as possible with out completely wrecking our teams mentality and drive... which is a hard task to do... but thanks to those beautiful roadkill Coyotes winning their last game 3 years in a row this rebuild looks very promising!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad