GDT Arizona / Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I wish I could be there to take in all those tears and laugh at the people crying.

Jul 6, 2016
Teams will go for the defensemen. The quality is too high and all of the teams in front have that need.
The quality of the forwards depth is shallow. That is why Celibrini, Demidov and Lindstrom will be taken in the four first picks.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Still I cannot believe they moved so quickly to Salt Lake City when Quebec has been left with their dicks in their hands for 15 years. What disrespect. They really hate the f*** out Quebec. lol
There’s no potential in Quebec. It’ll be worse than Winnipeg. Fans will go but in terms of viewership and corporate sponsors, it doesn’t sniff the potential of these US cities.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It would be really foolish to pass up on some of these defensemen. I don't care about the depth when you have a potential star number 1D available.
I'm not sure if Silayev is a potential star #1 dman, I like Levshunov but he does seem like a Sergachev clone who in my books isn't exactly a star 1D either, and Dickinson's offense worries me. Buium is my favorite dman of the class. Kid just does it all and screams superstar.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Tanking is done.

The objective is to make the playoffs next year. I don’t think we will but I think we’ll be close.
Even if we get another top 6 forward our goaltending isn't good enough to make the playoffs.

Honestly it's not the worst situation to be in. For years Price was the only thing keeping us from being bad. If we still had him or had rebuilt with goaltending first it would have prevented us from getting Slaf, Reinbacher and whoever we get this year.

I think it's either Fowler or going the free agency or trade route for net but it'll be interesting if the team gets good before the goaltending gets figured out. I wonder if Dobes gets a shot at some next season is the Monty/Primeau tandem is uninspiring.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
The quality of the forwards depth is shallow. That is why Celibrini, Demidov and Lindstrom will be taken in the four first picks.
Nope. I think most will disagree with this post. At Least 1 or 2 teams take a D as the D group is too good to pass up, and is a bigger need for some of those teams ahead of us picking.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Welp, it had to be done. Can't keep playing out of a 5,000 seat arena. Always had terrible ownership.

That team is going to be good really soon, though. What hockey fans they did have had to go through a lot of crap only to watch their team leave just as they're about to turn the corner on the ice.

In 5 years time, they'll get a new franchise and have to go through crap again as this young team is probably making noise in the Western Conference.

Good luck, Arizona. And thanks for the tanking memories.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Even if we get another top 6 forward our goaltending isn't good enough to make the playoffs.

Honestly it's not the worst situation to be in. For years Price was the only thing keeping us from being bad. If we still had him or had rebuilt with goaltending first it would have prevented us from getting Slaf, Reinbacher and whoever we get this year.

I think it's either Fowler or going the free agency or trade route for net but it'll be interesting if the team gets good before the goaltending gets figured out. I wonder if Dobes gets a shot at some next season is the Monty/Primeau tandem is uninspiring.
I’m not sure about our goaltending but you certainly couldn’t complain about it this year.

I think our defensive play will be our downfall. Such a young group back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad