GDT Arizona / Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Although there is a comparison to be made with attendance. I was in cégep for their two last seasons, and when I went to games on weekdays, the crowds were so thin. My friend could even distract Pat Burrell once by yelling his name. Every game, there was nobody in the stands past the first base, we could often move from our place to sit behind the catcher with our 6$ tickets, security just let us do that most of the time
Not franchise wise; the Expos were a very popular team from the first year to the lockout year. After that, people were PISSED at the gutting of a perennial World Series team that was constructed to be dominating for a decade.

In comparison, imagine this Habs edition in 3 years and then we sell every part for dime on the dollar. It was something that could not be forgiven. If the fans were not to be taken seriously than the fans would not support it. The Expos were ruined from the inside. But baseball mattered in Montreal.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
What a pleasant surprise getting 5th would be

For stretches this year it look like we were assured 7th or 8th
I feel very fortunate we could luck out like this and truly get that 5 spot, 4 was always the impossible dream, but I gotta say, I thought 5th was impossible too I mean let's be real it looked straight up bleak sometimes :laugh:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
What a pleasant surprise getting 5th would be

For stretches this year it look like we were assured 7th or 8th
I feel very fortunate we could luck out like this and truly get that 5 spot, 4 was always the impossible dream, but I gotta say, I thought 5th was impossible too I mean let's be real it looked straight up bleak sometimes :laugh:
I think around Dec we were hovering in the MB special 11-13 zone.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
For what its worth this game means nothing......Buttman already got the lottery rigged so Salt Lake City wins it...guaranteed!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad