GDT Arizona / Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I have 2 reasons to watch...for our rank and also.....I need Clayton Keller to do great for my pool at work. I'm 2nd out of a 63-people pool.....with a chance at 1st...but could be surpassed by the guy 3rd....so...Go YotesKeller!

But frankly, I don't think 5th or 6th matter much. It,s D Loaded....we will have a neat forward if they go needs. And it might even help choosing.
5/6th is not so bad (true), but there is no guarantee we dont drop 2 spots after the lottery as well. that suddenly becomes 7/8 which is a big diff since we are after apx. 5 players.

There can be a difference between 5 and 6, at 5 we are guaranteed to draft one of the top 5 elite talent they saw, i guess thats Celebrini Demidov and Perekh, Wonder who could be the other
levshunov and Lindstrom

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
What's the general feeling about Ottawa and SLC picks? They are going for a D no?

Ottawa - Forward
They have a 1st line, an old Giroux and 2 centers with availability issues. They could use another high end talent for line 2. On D they have a solid core with Chabot, Sanderson and Chychrun. They could still go D, especially a righty. BPA with a forward lean.

SLC - defense
Their current forwards are better than their D. Top scoring D is Durzi. You could argue 4 of top 5 prospects are forwards (Cooley, Geekie, Guenther and But). D was a weakness last year and they went D. I expect the same.

Reactions: Mudz

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
The player they like the most will go 1st overall.

Maybe Demidov at #2. After that, no one has any idea. It will be interesting to see. Not worth losing sleep because 6th instead 5th.
It's not like last year when it was crucial to be top 3 as you knew with certain the top 3. Only thing certain this year is the 1st overall. Even Demidov is not a sure thing at 2.

These arguments always start at it doesn't matter and end up at it's not the end of the world.

A nice motte bailey approach.

Obviously 5th is better than 6th. Obviously we shouldn't lose sleep over it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
?? care to expand?

Sure. I think that a day after we had to endure a GDT where most of the posts were cheering against the team playing it's final game at home in a matchup where we could actually knock a team out of the playoffs on our own, we get the double-whammy of an actual GDT (!) over a game that may or may not slightly change our draft position. All this when the actual talk of the game should be unique - that a 30 year-old franchise is playing its last game. Instead of keeping this crap in the tank thread, where it belongs.

Like I said, sad. Crocodile tears that will turn into crocodile cheers whenever we start winning games again.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I think its against the rules but im not sure, like we say un gars s'essaye...

Dear Lord, this may seems absurb but we really need Arizona to at least get a point tonight, please have mercy on us, habs fan and forgive our mistake, amen. And if its not too much asking, if we can win a top 2 selection, that would be too much for your greatness.

They have identified 5 elite talent, we need the top 5 pick people...
love this...going to brush up on all my obnoxious wise cracks, terrible takes, bitterness and paranoia by 10 pm

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Sure. I think that a day after we had to endure a GDT where most of the posts were cheering against the team playing it's final game at home in a matchup where we could actually knock a team out of the playoffs on our own, we get the double-whammy of an actual GDT (!) over a game that may or may not slightly change our draft position. All this when the actual talk of the game should be unique - that a 30 year-old franchise is playing its last game. Instead of keeping this crap in the tank thread, where it belongs.

Like I said, sad. Crocodile tears that will turn into crocodile cheers whenever we start winning games again.
Can always have a thread for the Coyotes move. At least this thread is releant to the Habs.

Reactions: Rozz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad