GDT: GDT #80 New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | April 13th | 12:30 PM | F/3-2 SOL

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Disappointed the game even went to OT. Pelech’s icing when he had little to no pressure had me talking to myself about how it was going to burn them. Sure enough. Team is very frustrating even on what was a win streak.
Self inflicted wounds would be the name of the book written about this season…

Reactions: PK Cronin

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Good for Sorokin to redeem himself and put together two straight solid games.

Palms, Fasching, and Romanov had excellent games.

Yeah, and Barzal - whatever. LMAO at the carrying the tram crowd and big game player crowd. He was APB, a -2, and with the win on his stick…nope.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Self inflicted wounds would be the name of the book written about this season…
Yeah but there is some fight in this team, the PP was brutal and then they give up the shorty and then basically took the game over 5 on 5 after that. I think they get some credit for the fight today. Sorokin also was excellent today, he looked fresh and confident today. Let’s hope he found himself with this little break he’s gotten, he gives this team a chance in any playoff series.

Reactions: RWWallpaper

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Nelson getting traded next season? Highly doubt it. 3 30G+ seasons in a row, surpassing JT as 7th all time.

The Marcscehsault contract is going to be a barometer for Nelson’s next deal. My guess is he resigns with NYI.

Reactions: mm11

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The point was big. We knew this one was going to be real hard during the day and without Dobson.

This said, can't lose a draw late in the game as easily as Horvat lost to Trocheck on that Panarin goal. It was as perfect a faceoff win as you can get. Gotta just go for the neutralization every time in your own end.

And honestly, the boyz had more than enough opportunities to put this one away. Tons of good chances. If Panarin had half the chances Pageau and Fasching had, he's have had the trick tonight.

One thing should be crystal clear to any and everyone in Islandersville - Sorokin does not win shootouts. He's just brutal in the shootout. Roy is new, but I'd have to think you simply have to put Varlamov in there for that part of the game, no matter what.

Sorokin is THAT bad.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Nelson getting traded next season? Highly doubt it. 3 30G+ seasons in a row, surpassing JT as 7th all time.

The Marcscehsault contract is going to be a barometer for Nelson’s next deal. My guess is he resigns with NYI.
I think Nelson still gets traded but good season close for him.

Reactions: Glorydays22

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The point was big. We knew this one was going to be real hard during the day and without Dobson.

This said, can't lose a draw late in the game as easily as Horvat lost to Trocheck on that Panarin goal. It was as perfect a faceoff win as you can get. Gotta just go for the neutralization every time in your own end.

And honestly, the boyz had more than enough opportunities to put this one away. Tons of good chances. If Panarin had half the chances Pageau and Fasching had, he's have had the trick tonight.

One thing should be crystal clear to any and everyone in Islandersville - Sorokin does not win shootouts. He's just brutal in the shootout. Roy is new, but I'd have to think you simply have to put Varlamov in there for that part of the game, no matter what.

Sorokin is THAT bad.

I agree. Ties are generally considered wins in the defensive zone since it allows time for all of your teammates to pick up their assignments. Getting beat clean on those draws is a recipe for disaster, as we all saw.

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
its really fkn pathetic how bad this team is on special teams… the shootouts im sure everyone here knew we had no shot once it went to a shootout… that said, i was totally not even expecting a point today so now its scoreboard watch time.. how many late game letdowns has this fkn team had this year?!!? its even surprising they are in control of their own destiny with 2 games to go.. pathetic special teams and even worse in the shootout.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
its really fkn pathetic how bad this team is on special teams… the shootouts im sure everyone here knew we had no shot once it went to a shootout… that said, i was totally not even expecting a point today so now its scoreboard watch time.. how many late game letdowns has this fkn team had this year?!!? its even surprising they are in control of their own destiny with 2 games to go.. pathetic special teams and even worse in the shootout.

It's bad enough with Dobson. Without him, they look like chickens with their heads cut off out there.

I often wonder - when you're doing so poorly, so regularly, when does the coaching staff just say, "Ok, go out there and play 5-on-5 hockey. They're one man fewer, so let's just see what happens."

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
It's bad enough with Dobson. Without him, they look like chickens with their heads cut off out there.

I often wonder - when you're doing so poorly, so regularly, when does the coaching staff just say, "Ok, go out there and play 5-on-5 hockey. They're one man fewer, so let's just see what happens."
thats probably been the case for awhile now i would just add that at the end of that they also say, “just do not give up a sh goal!”

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Sorokin is THAT bad.
Swapping a cold goalie for a shootout is a recipe for injury.

Reactions: mm11

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Romanov was pretty terrific today. Engvall too.

I'll never forgive Lou for going into this season with Aho and then not adding a defenseman at the deadline.

PP, PK and the shootout. Couldn't fix any of this? Would rather have seen McLean in the shootout.

I don't know how many of us looked at these two rags games as four points. Three not the worst outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00