GDT: GDT #75 New York Islanders vs Chicago Blackhawks | April 2nd | 7:30 PM | F/W 2-1

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
This entire metro race is just the episode of South Park where every baseball team plays to lose.

Btw if the Penguins game determines who gets in, lol

Green

Nov 13, 2019
just feels like they will miss the playoffs by 1 point and the blown lead against the Flyers last night or the loss to Detroit last week which will be the game that did them in

Reactions: Osakahaus

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
just feels like they will miss the playoffs by 1 point and the blown lead against the Flyers last night or the loss to Detroit last week which will be the game that did them in
Or the stadium series game or the 15 other games they did the same thing.

It's gonna come down to the last game of the season, isn't it...
Thursday Pens play Caps - that’s an interesting matchup.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
glad to get the win, but these nailbiters going down the wire are starting to take a toll

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I must've hit the wrong button and locked the thread, my bad guys. Re-commence the dread that the season and hope continues. :laugh:

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Methinks they might actually make it to the post season. Boy how great it would be to see the team going for it again in the playoffs under Roy. No more of this sitting back shit. Make it in and its a brand new season. I hope they make it at least one more time for our energy line.

Reactions: Potvottier

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
This game drove me nuts.

It's so tough playing against these teams that have nothing to lose, but whom you should be knocking off 5-1 or so.

They got the 2 points. Now time for a day of rest and then the battle onwards continues tomorrow.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I almost had to go outside and touch grass

gross
Lol.

I'm not sure what to make of what has transpired since the coaching change. Here's why; Based on my discerning eye, you would have to be crazy to think McLean isn't better in every category than a Fasching. It's not even close. How did it take an emergency call up for him to find his way into the line-up? A clear miss for Lambert and Roy got a little lucky. How could it have taken so long to get Nelson-Palmieri- Engvall back together? Not saying they are the second coming of the production line but they play well together. Barzal - Horvat at this point is a must. I will say I agree with the value Roy has placed on Reilly's game. Aho should never have been in the line-up from day one. That's a Houda/Lambert thing. The use of Czikas has been interesting to watch. I kind of like it. I think they could have rolled-

Zeke/JGP - Horvat - Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palms
Lee- JGP/Zeke-Holmstrom
Martin- McLean-Clutter
Ex Fasching ( bottom sixer at best)

Interested in knowing what thoughts are on Pelech. I actually thought he played the 2v1 pretty poorly on the Dickinson goal.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Interested in knowing what thoughts are on Pelech. I actually thought he played the 2v1 pretty poorly on the Dickinson goal.

My issue was with Cizikas on that goal. It was incredibly clear that the puck was going to be moved and that the player was going to jump right by Cizikas and he just stood there instead of turning around, conceding a little space, but preventing the 2 on 1 from ever developing.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Lol.

I'm not sure what to make of what has transpired since the coaching change. Here's why; Based on my discerning eye, you would have to be crazy to think McLean isn't better in every category than a Fasching. It's not even close. How did it take an emergency call up for him to find his way into the line-up? A clear miss for Lambert and Roy got a little lucky. How could it have taken so long to get Nelson-Palmieri- Engvall back together? Not saying they are the second coming of the production line but they play well together. Barzal - Horvat at this point is a must. I will say I agree with the value Roy has placed on Reilly's game. Aho should never have been in the line-up from day one. That's a Houda/Lambert thing. The use of Czikas has been interesting to watch. I kind of like it. I think they could have rolled-

Zeke/JGP - Horvat - Barzal
Engvall-Nelson-Palms
Lee- JGP/Zeke-Holmstrom
Martin- McLean-Clutter
Ex Fasching ( bottom sixer at best)

Pelech plays everything poorly. It is honestly shocking at how bad he has become. Usually a defensive defenseman whose game is based on good positioning and a high hockey IQ can keep playing a high level into their mid 30s. How did this guy go from being one of the best shutdown defenders in the entire league 2 years ago to arguably one of the worse dmen on our team and hes still only 29??!!
If you watch last nights game and just isolated on Pelech you would see what I am saying. He was awful. Out of position all the time. Playing soft on the puck carrier and letting guys walk right by him time and time again, missing passes, leaving wide open lanes to the net. Something has to be wrong with this guy, because he is playing like he just does not care. Like it is legitimately scary watching and focusing on him and seeing how bad he is.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
My issue was with Cizikas on that goal. It was incredibly clear that the puck was going to be moved and that the player was going to jump right by Cizikas and he just stood there instead of turning around, conceding a little space, but preventing the 2 on 1 from ever developing.
It's funny but Pelech's inexplicable attempt to stick check Bedard almost creates the space for the pass. An odd decision becasue he is no longer a threat to shoot. At least that's how it looked.

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
Pelech looks frustrated. He needs to drop that shit and play fierce. Same with a number of other players.

Some one remind them that they are not working as a server somewhere, and can dick around. They are Professional sports athletes who get paid a hell of a lot of money to do something they love.

Play like you give a **** or get the hell off the ice!

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Pelech plays everything poorly. It is honestly shocking at how bad he has become. Usually a defensive defenseman whose game is based on good positioning and a high hockey IQ can keep playing a high level into their mid 30s. How did this guy go from being one of the best shutdown defenders in the entire league 2 years ago to arguably one of the worse dmen on our team and hes still only 29??!!
If you watch last nights game and just isolated on Pelech you would see what I am saying. He was awful. Out of position all the time. Playing soft on the puck carrier and letting guys walk right by him time and time again, missing passes, leaving wide open lanes to the net. Something has to be wrong with this guy, because he is playing like he just does not care. Like it is legitimately scary watching and focusing on him and seeing how bad he is.
A beneficiary of a system, played with Pulock who is actually a good defender and of course the injuries. His contract isn't awful but is an impediment on this team. When I look at the Yotes and Ducks, I see places where he can be moved and possibly return an asset. Yotes in particular.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

He turned the wrong way.

By steering his turn towards the boards and then moving back towards the inner lane for Dickinson, he lost the 1-2 seconds he'd have needed to be able to stick with him. As simple as that.

Had Zeek just turned towards Dickinson after the dishing off of the puck, he'd have had him the whole way.

At the same time, Pelech didn't need to play that like a 2-on-1. He should have been aggressive on Bedard as soon as Bedard started slowing things down. Bedard's shot angle was so poor, Pelech should have been thinking "suffocate him, then pin him to the boards".

All the while assuming Cizikas' backcheck would've been sufficient, even if a couple of seconds late. He knew Zeek was there.

By giving Bedard that extra bit of time he needed, Bedard was able to caclulate, decipher, and then thread the naughty nice pass that turned into a sweet goal, but one that just as easily could have been stopped by Sorokin in the first place. I mean, it must have been clear for a long enough period of time that Bedard wasn't going to be shooting that thing.

In essence, all three Isles could have played that better and especially Pelech and Cizikas should have.

PS) Who else is MAJORLY concerned about Dobson only having 2 assists in the past 13 games??? His power outage has been absolutely considerate. I guess all those around here worried about him being overworked earlier in the season were right. Scary bad time for that kind of slump, too.

Reactions: PK Cronin and MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Cizikas was turned the wrong way, allowing Dickinson to get a step on him on his outside.

He turned the wrong way.

By steering his turn towards the boards and then moving back towards the inner lane for Dickinson, he lost the 1-2 seconds he'd have needed to be able to stick with him. As simple as that.

Had Zeek just turned towards Dickinson after the dishing off of the puck, he'd have had him the whole way.

At the same time, Pelech didn't need to play that like a 2-on-1. He should have been aggressive on Bedard as soon as Bedard started slowing things down. Bedard's shot angle was so poor, Pelech should have been thinking "suffocate him, then pin him to the boards".

All the while assuming Cizikas' backcheck would've been sufficient, even if a couple of seconds late. He knew Zeek was there.

By giving Bedard that extra bit of time he needed, Bedard was able to caclulate, decipher, and then thread the naughty nice pass that turned into a sweet goal, but one that just as easily could have been stopped by Sorokin in the first place. I mean, it must have been clear for a long enough period of time that Bedard wasn't going to be shooting that thing.

In essence, all three Isles could have played that better and especially Pelech and Cizikas should have.

PS) Who else is MAJORLY concerned about Dobson only having 2 assists in the past 13 games??? His power outage has been absolutely considerate. I guess all those around here worried about him being overworked earlier in the season were right. Scary bad time for that kind of slump, too.
I'm concerned about Dobson's drought, as well as Nelson's drought. With Dobson I worry that the big minutes he was getting in December and January have caught up to him.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
He turned the wrong way.

Pulock

100%. He is like a minus 13 in that time. Minutes have been pulled back as well. Pulock in the same period with tougher match ups is a plus player. Dobson's defense needs to be addressed. I also thought he was better with Romanov than Pelech.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad