GDT: GDT #72 New York Islanders @ Florida Panthers | March 28th | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-2

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Great win. Just when you thought they were done this is what they always do to us. Go into Florida and beat the Panthers. Then Detroit, Washington and Philly all lose. Unreal.
But the biggest thing I take away from this game is Varly should be the starter for the rest of the season. His last 5 starts, 3-1-1. Sorokin last 5 starts, 0-5. How do you even argue that.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Great win. Just when you thought they were done this is what they always do to us. Go into Florida and beat the Panthers. Then Detroit, Washington and Philly all lose. Unreal.
But the biggest thing I take away from this game is Varly should be the starter for the rest of the season. His last 5 starts, 3-1-1. Sorokin last 5 starts, 0-5. How do you even argue that.
Just nice to stay competing, Varly should play Saturday at least. If nothing else it allows Sorokin to reset a bit.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
A really, really good night for us.

The win was big - and well-earned.

Philly, Washington, and Detroit all lost in regulation time.

Pittsburgh winning in regulation was the one bummer.

We'll take it.

The Penguins are so far back, they’re irrelevant. If they pass us, neither of us is making the playoffs.

Reactions: periferal

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Just nice to stay competing, Varly should play Saturday at least. If nothing else it allows Sorokin to reset a bit.
Sorokin hasn’t earned another start this season. They relied on him through mediocre performances all year. He can sit and watch.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Enjoyable win. McLean noticeable again. Please give Barzy a wing not named Hudson . Please.

Reilly a new Roy favorite?
You are correct - he is playing more than both Romanov and Pelech; today's game could have been about the pairing with Pulock, who Roy also has relied heavily upon.

I cannot see how they resign Reilly and I cannot see how they cannot.

With Bolduc, a 22 year old, 6'4 D man, he needs to play and any cap space needs to go to improve the forward group, but how can they not resign Reilly, who is obviously someone Roy trusts?

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
Power Play was awful but I won't hold the 4 minute one against them, they were trying to manage the puck and not get burned.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Its funny -- i was perusing (and chiming in a bit) on the Panthers GDT last night. They were bellyaching about G interference and the Cizakas trip before that goal.

and one guy came and said that the Isles GDT is complaining about the reffing as well.

All people do is complain about the officials when the calls dont go their way. Its amazing.

Reactions: Lek

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Its funny -- i was perusing (and chiming in a bit) on the Panthers GDT last night. They were bellyaching about G interference and the Cizakas trip before that goal.

and one guy came and said that the Isles GDT is complaining about the reffing as well.

All people do is complain about the officials when the calls dont go their way. Its amazing.
Just masking issues of the fans own team. Makes a fan feel better to blame a third party in that situation.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Just masking issues of the fans own team. Makes a fan feel better to blame a third party in that situation.

Definitely -- calls are missed and bad calls are made -- but god damn, people just turn a blind eye and just blast away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad