GDT: GDT #65 New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | March 14th | 7:00 PM | F/4-0 L

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

I retract my post. I'm juggling this thread, the game, and some other stuff I've got going on and misread your response.

Your opinion is fine, but you've soured me on how you begun expressing it. I'm sure that means nothing to you, and I get that, but I'm going to point it out all the same.

Reactions: Zeeker

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Don't worry.

I'm sure some more of that cutsie cutsie cutey cute cute play they were forcing all night long will get them right back on track against the Sens tomorrow.

I mean, it's not like they're playing sloppy or anything...

chico19341

Jan 12, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
The country club stuff is just stupid I think. It just is a false narrative of team that just has aged out of the window of competing for cup. Changes are going to come on the roster, the fact Lou did nothing at deadline said a lot I thought. They might get in and they might not, doesn’t really matter either way probably there will be changes that suit Roy coming this off-season.
Hopefully

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
The country club stuff is just stupid I think. It just is a false narrative of team that just has aged out of the window of competing for cup. Changes are going to come on the roster, the fact Lou did nothing at deadline said a lot I thought. They might get in and they might not, doesn’t really matter either way probably there will be changes that suit Roy coming this off-season.
Diagree
The country club is less than an attitude, but more of a stale amount of stagnant to declining players that we are stuck with a certain skill set

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Diagree
The country club is less than an attitude, but more of a stale amount of stagnant to declining players that we are stuck with a certain skill set
Yeah this core got them as far as they could and perhaps they have found right coach but now need to change roster to suit him.
Diagree

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

I think change is inevitable this off-season. And it should be. How much change and whether or not it satisfies some of the blood lust here will be determined.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
I started watching the game on delay and gave up at 3-0 I am glad I did. They flat out sucked tonight

Some change will be attrition with free agents like Clutterbuck and Martin not returning. Need speed in top six somewhere.
Let’s just hope Lou has the sense to let them walk. Would be more than happy if they both stayed in the org in some role as long as it doesn’t involve ice time

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
There's a difference between expressing one's opinion and spamming up threads constantly. If you can't see the difference between the two, I don't know what to tell you.

To keep this relevant to the discussion, show me a spamming campaign aimed at pushing the retool agenda. I don't believe anyone is doing that. It seems to me that it's mostly in response to the small yet vocal contingent who are aggressively pushing the rebuild agenda. And what I mean by that is, posters who don't often post about anything else. Again, there are plenty of posters who would like to see a rebuild who don't incessantly post about it at every opportunity.
The point is that it shouldn't matter. If the post is hockey/Islanders related then there's nothing wrong with the post. There's no jury deciding what's acceptable as long as it meets the criteria set forth in the HF Boards rules. Just because you think it's a redundant point, or the point is only made when the Isles are losing and that poster remains quiet on other days should have no impact on whether the poster can post with receiving an inflammatory response.

Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Why? It's not like you ever proceed with "caution".

You’re foaming at the mouth with so much disappointment/anger over the Isles embarrassing themselves to the point that the “rebuild crowd” might be right that you totally missed the fact I was just playing around with Duster.

Also you fail to ever comment on any other of my many posts about things OTHER than Lou. Like I commented on Engvall a few posts earlier. Try to comment on those as well instead of seeing only what you want to see (like you accuse others of).

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Seeing people saying teams can't bring it every night. True. But this is the price of their ineptitude earlier in season. They kinda have to.

Reactions: periferal

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Back with the Jekyll and Hyde play, nice to see.
The game in LA was ok, a really low event game and they could not score on PP. Tonight to me I saw a mile away, this would have happened in UBS or Buffalo just that time zone change gets everyone. I’m trying to find it but east teams off west trips to California or west Canada have like 2 wins out of 16 or 17 games this year. I was sort off heartened at 0-0 after 1 that they might have survived but they never got any legs all night.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
They are still very alive in the race. This is an average team that has a couple of stinkers and way to many blown leads this year

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Right on cue...
Wasn’t the LA game right on cue ? Love guys who think 2 dimes are going to get you a quarter? They are just going through a rough spell , there will be more wins to go with these loses. I haven’t changed my tune though. They are my favourite team but I’ve got no illusions they are what dynasty’s are built like.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
You’re foaming at the mouth with so much disappointment/anger over the Isles embarrassing themselves to the point that the “rebuild crowd” might be right that you totally missed the fact I was just playing around with Duster.

Also you fail to ever comment on any other of my many posts about things OTHER than Lou. Like I commented on Engvall a few posts earlier. Try to comment on those as well instead of seeing only what you want to see (like you accuse others of).
In fairness to Engvall I think they have found his level in lineup. I’m not a fan of his PP time but I’d imagine that will change as they make roster changes.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Wasn’t the LA game right on cue ? Love guys who think 2 dimes are going to get you a quarter? They are just going through a rough spell , there will be more wins to go with these loses. I haven’t changed my tune though. They are my favourite team but I’ve got no illusions they are what dynasty’s are built like.
Yeah as I posted earlier Lou doing zip was telling I thought. I really think there is more of an eye to next year. Roy has changed a lot in 20 games and is probably getting more from this roster than Lambert was. This isn’t ideal lineup in his eyes I’d imagine. I hope they get in, playoffs are fun and Sorokin gives them a fighting chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad