GDT: GDT #53 New York Islanders vs Seattle Kraken | February 13th | 7:30 PM | F/2-1 SO/L

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Still a small sample for Roy but they had a better record under Lambert and also played most of last season without at least one of Barzal and Horvat thought most of the year. Healthy team with Roy and the results are worse so far. Complete disaster to get only 1pt with two home games versus lottery teams.

Lambert was an easy whipping boy here but it’s likely that the roster is the real issue.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Let's be honest. We stole a point. Were hemmed in almost entire third period.
This team had a brief resurgence after break, but is regressing by the game now.
There's no way we're making playoffs, so decisions have to flow from that.
That was honestly one of the most painful games I've watched. We were awful all game. Against a struggling team, at home, and they were on a B2B and we never looked any good. There was barely a moment in the game to inspire excitement as an Islanders fan.
And it got the ending we all knew was coming. Only surprise was Eberle didn't score.
Couple of side points - Ilya in SOs has a terrible record?
Lee is looking worse and worse.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
This team had a brief resurgence after break, but is regressing by the game now.
That was honestly one of the most painful games I've watched. We were awful all game. Against a struggling team, at home, and they were on a B2B and we never looked any good. There was barely a moment in the game to inspire excitement as an Islanders fan.
And it got the ending we all knew was coming. Only surprise was Eberle didn't score.
Lou has to look at this team and sell what he can
If it’s Nelson, so be it, he probably garners the biggest return

Reactions: WangMustGo

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Well I certainly don’t need to see anymore to tell me we should certainly not be buyers at the deadline. This team is just broken in so many ways I can’t even begin to describe them. They should be ashamed of the way they’ve played these last two games.

…anyone not named Sorokin, Dobson, Barzal or Horvat should absolutely be available at the deadline.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
They look off.

Like literally the power isn't on.

Embarrassing. Get rid of Lou. Start over. This team sucks. All of them. There is no reason to keep any of them.

I'm not that extreme, but the sentiment is correct.

It's so mental with this team.

Uhhhhh....I think it's literally physical with this team. As in...Not enough talent. Better attitudes aren't going to create a couple of 30 goal scorers.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Still a small sample for Roy but they had a better record under Lambert and also played most of last season without at least one of Barzal and Horvat thought most of the year. Healthy team with Roy and the results are worse so far. Complete disaster to get only 1pt with two home games versus lottery teams.

Lambert was an easy whipping boy here but it’s likely that the roster is the real issue.
I think the realistic among us could admit the roster is an issue - you can’t fire the roster though, unfortunately.

That being said, even Lambert and Weight had the “new coach bump” going for a while

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
What a disaster the 3rd was. Barzal turnover fest and the parade of broken wings with Wahlstrom, Martin, Engvall and now Holmstrom who is regressing like Benjamin Button playing with JGP.

I would have sacrificed a 5th and Aho for Tatar. More maybe not to have to watch the Gauthier/ Fasching/Wahlstrom clown show. Lou should send someone packing tonight. Has to be someone to bring in.

Reactions: Throttle

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
What a disaster the 3rd was. Barzal turnover fest and the parade of broken wings with Wahlstrom, Martin, Engvall and now Holmstrom who is regressing like Benjamin Button playing with JGP.

I would have sacrificed a 5th and Aho for Tatar. More maybe not to have to watch the Gauthier/ Fasching/Wahlstrom clown show. Lou should send someone packing tonight. Has to be someone to bring in.

That was a Filthy Move by Tatar as someone said earlier, Fooled Sorokin out of his Jock!

Reactions: Lek

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Everyone else wins tonight again…don’t think the stars will be aligning like last year.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Welp...coach was pissed. Good.
Pulock knew they did not play well.
Lee?.....not sure what game he was at. And that is troublesome. If he sees this as a good job, he has to go.

Hate to say it but it is time to shake the roster. Trade whoever for whatever you can past 5 or 6 players and then just let guys fall through waivers. If they get claimed, good. No other way to "reset" this team. I think we have the right coach to do this.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
In the post game, Roy said something about the boys needing to break old habits...not bad habits...just other system habits. I think this is what Lambert had an issue with as well. I think Trotz had some way to drill certain defensive habits that conflict against other game strategies...or I could just be smoking something real good.

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad