GDT: GDT #35 Washington Capitals vs New York Islanders | December 29th | 7:30 PM | F/W 5-1

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I’ve called him trash all season and he has been… but this was a good game. Also agree with Beach above, Bortuzzo is booty cheeks.
Yeah I trashed him earlier but this was easily best game of his career, he was definitely involved in alot of positive things tonight

Young d-men take time. He also missed a lot of development due to Covid and injury.

His size and reach were disruptive defensively. Saw him take out Ovi 1-on-1, used his size well, love his reach. Even saw his big slapper late on the PP. This is the flash of what he could be for us. Patience is key, the kid is a keeper. You can't teach 6'4 220 that can skate like that. Bortuzzo looks like a good vet influence. Not everyone gets Boychuk, Greene, and Chara as mentors like Dobber did.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Bolduc can be a very good defenseman. His issue also is confidence. Give my man that hopium that Dobson got.

Mind you, a good defenseman can also mean he eats up minutes and transports the puck. This is what you'd like to see out of a 2nd rounder.

Last edited:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
IMG_7438.jpeg

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
some really nice looking goals tonight especially the first 2.. its good to see jpg contribute in a big way tonight as he can disappear for stretches. i knew they would pounce the caps tonight as they were super embarrassing vs pit. i still want my $500 back that i spent on tix for that game!

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Better game tonight. Better gap control on D and forwards helped a lot on the D end of the ice. Washington is not so offensively gifted esp. with OV struggling. I'm looking forward to a more challenging rematch over the weekend. Good to see Matty and Gauthier back.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Better game tonight. Better gap control on D and forwards helped a lot on the D end of the ice. Washington is not so offensively gifted esp. with OV struggling. I'm looking forward to a more challenging rematch over the weekend. Good to see Matty and Gauthier back.
Bolded is what we should be doing every night and these results will be consistent.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Interesting to see what might be the effect of line up competition. Gauthier may have been reminded that if in fact Martin can play someone comes out.

Bolduc continues to show he can be at least a bottom pairing guy. Aho continues to show he doesn't belong. Physically dominated as usual.

I thought Reilly was a bit of an offensive minded guy who didn't defend well. He has held his own and done so lately with a very weak partner. I actually wonder if he and Mayfield can gel?

Pageau had a lot to prove last night. Not having Wahlstrom helped for sure. Hopefully he gets his confidence going. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Didn't look at face off numbers but Clutter moving to center last night was pretty wild. He probably hasn't played there since bantams. He is such a leader on this team.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Interesting to see what might be the effect of line up competition. Gauthier may have been reminded that if in fact Martin can play someone comes out.
Martin also brought a bit more grit back in, and he did do well in that department. Isles can take out Fasching when Cizikas is healthy. I think it should be a rotation between Martin and Fasching now on the 4th line.

Bolduc had one of his better games of the season. Much needed after the shit sandwich of the Penguins game.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I had a feeling the signing of Gauthier was going to make everyone realize just how raw (bad?) Wahlstrom is. Definitely felt like it last night…

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad