GDT: GDT #35 Washington Capitals vs New York Islanders | December 29th | 7:30 PM | F/W 5-1

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Lee-Horvat-Barzal has been one of the leagues best lines…
Agree. The chemistry the three are demonstrating has made Lee's decline of foot speed negligible. Lee is doing well there... moreover he probably does more harm elsewhere in the lineup.

Last edited:

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Guy knocks in a couple of goals and all of a sudden he's Bossy.
I know you are only messing with this comment. And, I also forget when you became an Islander fan. But Gauthier's size and speed reminds me a bit of Brad Isbister.

Gauthier and the team would benefit If he could get Brad's one and only move down... shoulder drop with a net drive. The key then becomes for the Isles and fans to NOT expect more of Gauthier's third line duty. Unlike with Isbister, who was being unreasonably expected to become a top line power forward.

Reactions: Olliemets

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Guy knocks in a couple of goals and all of a sudden he's Bossy.
It was hot yesterday. Climate change!!

He can be a plus even it he doesn't score much, however if he (and JGP) start scoring on the pace of a quality 3rd line then that would really help the cause. So if he keeps it up I'm all for it.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Bolduc can be a very good defenseman. His issue also is confidence. Give my man that hopium that Dobson got.
Part of it is learning the speed of the NHL and the necessary mental processing. Another part is just filling out and getting strength and as a consequence confidence. As big as Bolduc is, he gets knocked off the puck (and off his skates) pretty often. Dobson said he worked out a ton this summer and he's reaping the benefit now. If/when that happens with Bolduc it will really help his game.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Huge response. Just terribly important after the Pens game.

Amazzzzzzing that Sorokin missed out on the shutout in that manner. Zero reason to be playing the puck there with the stick and then to have the hockey gods skip that puck over his stick and through his legs. I mean, wow...

Pageau has needed a game like that for a while now. It was great to see.

Most importantly, when we signed Gauthier this summer, I think I was one of many here who saw his signing as a direct threat (and message) to Wahlstrom. Goodness gracious... even without the points, there have been things about his game that have me wanting to see him on that 3rd line over Wally. It's games like this where he's sending the right messages to the coaching staff.

Why can't Wally get the memo??? Is he just sitting around here waiting for the team to move him with the hope that he'll get a new lease on life elsewhere?

CURIOUS:
Anyone else notice that Gauthier's shifts seem to regularly be the shortest on the team? It's like he's got one big burst of speed/effort in him and then he's gotta go for a change.

Last edited:

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Huge response. Just terribly important after the Pens game.

Amazzzzzzing that Sorokin missed out on the shutout in that manner. Zero reason to be playing the puck there with the stick and then to have the hockey gods skip that puck over his stick and through his legs. I mean, wow...

Pageau has needed a game like that for a while now. It was great to see.

Most importantly, when we signed Gauthier this summer, I think I was one of many here who saw his signing as a direct threat (and message) to Wahlstrom. Goodness gracious... even without the points, there have been things about his game that have me wanting to see him on that 3rd line over Wally. It's games like this where he's sending the right messages to the coaching staff.

Why can't Wally get the memo??? Is he just sitting around here waiting for the team to move him with the hope that he'll get a new lease on life elsewhere?

CUIOUS:
Anyone else notice that Gauthier's shifts seem to regularly be the shortest on the team? It's like he's got one big burst of speed/effort in him and then he's gotta go for a change.
I just think Wahlstrom is struggling coming off a major knee injury. Lacking confidence in his game, and maybe his body still. Most sports that sort of injury means the first season after you return is hard work as you build your game again, He may not have time to turn it around here...but there's a fair chance his best hockey is ahead of him.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I know you are only messing with this comment. And, I also forget when you became an Islander fan. But Gauthier's size and speed reminds me a bit of Brad Isbister.

Gauthier and the team would benefit If he could get Brad's one and only move down... shoulder drop with a net drive. The key then becomes for the Isles and fans to NOT expect more of Gauthier's third line duty. Unlike with Isbister, who was being unreasonably expected to become a top line power forward.
Hopefully he has more sense than Isbister.

Reactions: CupHolders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad