GDT: 28th DEC Russia - Belarus 8:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
3rd game in 4 nights for team Russia, so these guys are probably tired.. good news is that all the 'tough' games of the preliminaries have been played, and if nothing goes wrong, the next 4 points should be ours.

The hard part here, is that Russia is playing on tuesday, rest on wednesday, play on thursday, rest on friday, and then another 2 games in a row over the weekend provided that they win in the quater finals. That's 6 games in 9 days, so fatigue will be a factor.

THe fatigue is the dilemma, the Russians could get cocky, and start saving up their energy against the Belarus and Switzerland, but they need to score a lot of goals in order to increase the goal differential so that they can get the 1st spot if they get lucky and the States slip against Czech Republic..

We'll see what happens..

For now, ROSSIYA VPERED!!

I say 4:0 Russia

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
7-4 Russia

Open friendly hockey, both teams usually play very sloppy games when play each other. The outcome is evident, the guys playing know each other...

Go Belarus, make Lukashenko proud :D

SIBIR

Dec 9, 2003
Berlin - Novosibirsk
Slick Nick said:
7-4 Russia

Open friendly hockey, both teams usually play very sloppy games when play each other. The outcome is evident, the guys playing know each other...

Go Belarus, make Lukashenko proud :D

in hockey, there are no friends :D

12 - 2 Russia

Ovechkin 5 Points, Shirokov hattrick.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Oh yeah I forgot to make a prediction (which I suck at anyway) :

Russia 4, Belarus 2

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
7-2 Russia.

Belrus will be no match for the russians. Russians need to score a lot of goals if they are to take the americans for 1st (with help from the cezch's).

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
did Radulov play even strength on the Malkin-Shirokov line? or were the three of them together only on the PP?...makes sense to me that a Radulov-Malkin-Shirokov line would be deadly....and how did Shalfigulin play in Russia's second game?

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Russia is known to not show any mercy against the weak teams and tend to run up the score. I also think that Belarus will score and are better than what people give them credit for. I'll say something around 10-3, a very wide open game.

I think Voloshenko and Parshin will have big games.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Pred303 said:
did Radulov play even strength on the Malkin-Shirokov line? or were the three of them together only on the PP?...makes sense to me that a Radulov-Malkin-Shirokov line would be deadly....and how did Shalfigulin play in Russia's second game?

I believe Radulov spent the whole game with Malkin and Shirokov

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
11-1 Russia

Ovechkin(3), Shirokov(2), Radulov(2), Malkin, Parshin, Yunkov, Lisin

Kostitsyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events