GDT: GDT #14 New York Islanders @ Edmonton Oilers | November 13th | 8:30 PM | F/4-1 L

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
No, but the damage needs to be stopped before it gets any worse
I mean they have zero cap so any moves made are going to include someone with cap hit on roster currently. They will try and save this season.

Yes, There must be a Coaching Change that Lou Must Make Then.
Yes that’s probably coming when they return home, Gallant is obvious choice. Hynes also, I don’t remember but did Lou hire hIm in Jersey?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think Lou is out no matter what at end of year. I think he will get chance to save this season. No matter what you can’t give up 14 games in, you just can’t.
Give the fans the rebuild with a younger GM they so desperately want (and will not financially support btw) and be done with it.

They’ll find EVERY excuse to not attend games and will not return to the arena until they feel some debt that is owed to them as fans is repaid.

Good luck. Maybe things will work out in 2029, or maybe 2033.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I don't want Lou touching anything at this point. Would you? Cut your loses now. Bring in intern gm and hire a new coach.
I’d be shocked if they fired Lou in season, absolutely shocked. Lambert is gone when they come home, I’d almost guarantee that even if they win the next three games. I also believe we will see some players moved out as much as they can cap wise.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Give the fans the rebuild with a younger GM they so desperately want (and will not financially support btw) and be done with it.

They’ll find EVERY excuse to not attend games and will not return to the arena until they feel some debt that is owed to them as fans is repaid.

Unfortunately this is true
But this is why ownership will panic and try to restore confidence quickly.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I’d be shocked if they fired Lou in season, absolutely shocked. Lambert is gone when they come home, I’d almost guarantee that even if they win the next three games. I also believe we will see some players moved out as much as they can cap wise.
Maybe the owner steps in and makes that decision. The team needs new eyes. New direction. Enough of the patch work. You can start by keeping your 1st round picks,and spending money in areas you have no business spending. Looks like an old team.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Paying 45 dollars for parking is already a massive payment, They need to get better as a team. I want them to do better but fan protest is only going to further hurt the teams image.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
I thought for sure we would look better against a struggling Oiler team, I was wrong. I remember a week ago people were saying we were on pace for 104 pts - the reality is we would be lucky to finish with 84pts. The team needs changes better to do it sooner than later because its inevitable

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Reactions: xECK29x

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Lou has absolutely destroyed the Isles
One of us predicted this the moment he was hired. Lou completely forgot how to build a team through the draft. With all the difficulties the Islander franchise had in attracting star veteran players the only way to make this team a contender was to continue through the draft primarily- something a former GM who shall not be named understood. Sad but only now at the end do people understand. Give it another 15 years and a new voice for a GM and maybe y’all will see a Cup.

Funny reading old posts though such as these.

Reactions: Bood12

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Lou has absolutely destroyed the Isles
theyll be fine!

Lou left NJ with literally nothing; he hasnt gotten close to what hes capable of (in terms of destruction) and idt ownership will let him get there

a 40yo Jagr was their biggest asset!!

the next GM will do whats right for the club

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
We're actually regressing by the minute in this game.
The Oilers haven't lived up to their billing so far this year, poor goaltending not enough team D. But what they do have is speed and I believe you saw that on display tonight.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Butch knows more hockey than I will ever know in my lifetime.

With that being said, WTF did he just say? Engvall chipped the puck in and could’ve muscled his way into a better position but he’s too soft to do that. Then the puck goes to the boards behind the net and he could’ve use the body, but he barely tapped the opposing player. Lucky for him The puck bounced out near the goal so he had a grade A chance that he couldn’t pot. Meanwhile, Butch is singing his praises.

Butch is either watching a different game than I am or maybe he is hitting the sauce again.
If your job was to add commentary every night to this group you'd probably be reaching for the bottle as well.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
If your job was to add commentary every night to this group you'd probably be reaching for the bottle as well.
This was first time Butch and Brendan, moreso, have really started to throw shade at the team.
Butch was saying they played without intent after first 15 minutes, He wasn't sure what they were trying to do.

Reactions: NC 1972

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
It’s always hard to go into the building of a 5 time Cup champion and come out with a win.

Solid effort boys. We’ll get’em next time.

The preceding was an excerpt from Coach Lambert’s postgame locker room speech.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad