Olympics: GDT 13 feb Finland vs Sweden

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Finland will likely have the better team overall, the thing that matters. Not your never ending comparisons. You had a better team 2019 as well, look how that went for you?
The difference between our centers are almost as big as our difference regarding the D´s. When you add goalies to the mix and the organization? I would consider us as favorites. End of story.

Dra ner på chipsen och drick lite vatten. Lite väl saltigt va? Även för en nisse som du.
You don't even have better centers, or forwards, or goalies. I can't see how you do. You have Barkov. Outside of that, Sweden have better centers.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
When do you get the point i have? Sweden has better NHL players in total, there are more of them and better depth.

Common consensus is that if we take top-30 players in NHL there is 3 Finns and 1 Swede, that's the point. You suggest EP being even close to Barkov and people laugh at you. Say these things abou Dahlin to anyone else than Buffalo fans and they will die to laughter.
Luckily enough, a team is not determined by 3 players. Sweden have way more scoring and a better team, despite your comments on "top 30 players" which I also don't really agree with. I think Switzerland are a clear level above Germany despite not having Draisaitl. Hockey is a team sport. I don't think Norway are better than Denmark in football because they have the two best players between the team. In fact, Denmark are much better on paper despite that. Sweden have more quality than Finland on their roster. End of story.

Outside of Barkov and Rantanen, what separates you from the Czechs?

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
That Rantanen is the best player is, in my view, a bit debatable. Nylander has great potential, but in Toronto he just won't make it to the front row for a long time to show if he's a better and more complex player than Marner. I agree at the centers, the two are elsewhere.
So you say that Mikko Rantanen, who Avs fans says is the best player currently on their team (Better than Makar and MacKinnon) and is top-10 in scoring and by all metrics is a top-5 winger in the league, is debatable? William Nylander and Mikko Rantanen comparison?

Reactions: Svedu

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
So you say that Mikko Rantanen, who Avs fans says is the best player currently on their team (Better than Makar and MacKinnon) and is top-10 in scoring and by all metrics is a top-5 winger in the league, is debatable? William Nylander and Mikko Rantanen comparison?
Plenty of Avs fans don't think Rantanen is better than Landeskog, even. They have very similar, almost identical PPGs too. I prefer Rantanen but there are people who prefer Landeskog.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Plenty of Avs fans don't think Rantanen is better than Landeskog, even.
You wanna go to Avs board? Let's go and ask shall we. Then we can also make a poll where we put all finnish centers and compare to Swedish and let's see who wins.

You want to make a bet also?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You wanna go to Avs board? Let's go and ask shall we.
Sure. That's why I say what I do. Wanna create a best Team Finland, while letting me create a best Team Sweden, and see who wins?

Stop your hangup on one or two players. Norway aren't better than Denmark at football.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Sure. That's why I say what I do. Wanna create a best Team Finland, while letting me create a best Team Sweden, and see who wins?
I have never said that best Team Sweden wouldn't win, i've only debated about forwards and specifically centers. Find a post where i say that Finland would be better as a whole, i only talked about forwards.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020

Yeah, mainly because Nylander moved his game. But to move it to even better numbers, he needs to play with Matthews in the first place. I don't see them exactly the same at the moment, because Rantanen plays the front row and has great chemistry with Landeskog and MacKinnon. I just don't think the difference between them is abysmal.

Reactions: karhukissa and AB13

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
You don't even have better centers, or forwards, or goalies. I can't see how you do. You have Barkov. Outside of that, Sweden have better centers.

It's official, du är ett förblindat troll. No point on arguing with you. Let me guess, Markström is the best goalie in the NHL? EP, Bäckström and Zibanejad are all top 10 centers as well?

What have you guys won these last three years again? Oh, never mind.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It's official, du är ett förblindat troll. No point on arguing with you. Let me guess, Markström is the best goalie in the NHL? EP, Bäckström and Zibanejad are all top 10 centers as well?
I would take the four of Pettersson, Bäckström, Lindholm and Zibanejad over the four of Barkov, Aho, Lundell and Hintz. That's the point. Not one player in particular. Those four Swedish centers beat those four Finnish centers. But our C depth is good enough to use Pettersson or Lindholm on the wing.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Yeah, mainly because Nylander moved his game. But to move it to even better numbers, he needs to play with Matthews in the first place. I don't see them exactly the same at the moment, because Rantanen plays the front row and has great chemistry with Landeskog and MacKinnon. I just don't think the difference between them is abysmal.
Rantanen's been the best player on the Avalanche this year. Better than Makar, better than Kadri's freak year, and obviously better than MacKinnon who has had a very weird year himself.
So he is better than Norris favourite Makar, Kadri and you compare him to Nylander? That's how person who watches Avs games say about Rantanen.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
I would take the four of Pettersson, Bäckström, Lindholm and Zibanejad over the four of Barkov, Aho, Lundell and Hintz. That's the point. Not one player in particular. Those four Swedish centers beat those four Finnish centers. But our C depth is good enough to use Pettersson or Lindholm on the wing.
Well you would take Dahlin over McDavid so that should say it all.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
So he is better than Norris favourite Makar, Kadri and you compare him to Nylander? That's how person who watches Avs games say about Rantanen.
I hope you don't actually think Rantanen is better than Makar because one fan said so.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I would take the four of Pettersson, Bäckström, Lindholm and Zibanejad over the four of Barkov, Aho, Lundell and Hintz. That's the point.

Exactly, that's my point. You are delusional. Good luck with the two-way game, gubben.

Imagine comparing Norway in football to Finland in hockey. Says it all really.
Btw, Finland managed pretty well against Denmark in football.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
That Rantanen is the best player is, in my view, a bit debatable. Nylander has great potential, but in Toronto he just won't make it to the front row for a long time to show if he's a better and more complex player than Marner. I agree at the centers, the two are elsewhere.
Toronto is a great place for him to be. His father is what holds him back. Erratic and awesome player though.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Exactly, that's my point. You are delusional. Good luck with the two-way game gubben.
Lindholm might win the selke. Think that's fine. Bäckström and Zibanejad are great defensively.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
I would not take Dahlin over McDavid. I said I would take Dahlin over everyone besides McDavid for the next 10 years.
That doesn't make it any better. Post that to main boards and you will be crowned as the most delusional poster.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
That doesn't make it any better.
It's fine to be unusually high on players. You are one of those guys. Even if you were ironic, did you just imply that Rantanen is better than prime Sedin, Bäckström, Alfredsson, Zetterberg? Behave. That's one of the worst hockey opinions I have ever read on this place.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
It's fine to be unusually high on players. You are one of those guys. Even if you were ironic, did you just imply that Rantanen is better than prime Sedin, Bäckström, Alfredsson, Zetterberg? Behave. That's one of the worst hockey opinions I have ever read on this place.
Because you don't watch Avs games, or Dallas games for that matter. Mikko Rantanen is a top-5 winger in the NHL by every single metrics you can find. You can't compare him to Landeskog or William Nylander, that is just crazy.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020

I'm also a Colorado fan, my number one team in the NHL. But Rantanen has played better hockey in the past than this season. Only now is there more to be seen when MacKinnon is collecting many more assists, which is unusual. In the 18/19 season, I think he was better than this season.

After problems with the contract, Nylander began to focus only on hockey and significantly improved his game. He mainly worked on the defensive, becoming a more complex player. He will never have as many points as Rantanen in Colorado, yet there is no insurmountable gap between them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad