GDT: GDT #11 Minnesota Wild vs New York Islanders | November 7th | 7:30 PM | F/4-2 L

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Or, let’s give him the season to, I don’t know, let it play out. When the owners make a move you’ll know and you can jump for joy.

I’d rather trade the $9M figure skater asap and fire Lambert asap and bring in Q before tossing out Lou 15 games in.

You say it's "15 games." I'd say that Lou was hired in 2018 so it's actually been over 400 games...

....During which time Lou signed the "9M figure skater" and Lambert. So the same guy who made those moves you seem to not support you want in charge of finding their replacements.

Seems about as faulty logic as you can have to have someone who isn't getting it right at any job (especially most recently) given more shots to get it right when he's making things worse.

I don't care if you're talking about Mike Milbury, garth snow, or Lou "my best years are in the past" Lamoriello. Once you've reached the point where a GM isn't improving the players, coaching, and team he's 100% in charge of then you don't "let things play out" - He should go immediately.

The owners signed off on Lou signing/extending players this summer for tens of millions of dollars over the life of the contracts. If the idea of firing him was anywhere close to being on their radar, they would have done it beforehand. They're not going to fire him now, 11 games into the season. If anyone goes it will be the coach. Lou is a summertime decision.

This I agree with from a realistic perspective.

Now whether or not the owners are doing the right thing is another story.

Reactions: Ishkabible

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Lou over 400 games…4/5 years of playoffs, <15 games into the season. The OWNERS are pleased. Maybe the diehard fans aren’t, but so be it. The diehards complained all the way to b2b conference finals too…

I’ve been pretty clear that the Barzal contract was a bad contract right from the get go and Lou is/was 100% responsible for it. Barzal is 100% responsible for his own play - the team has given him the freedom to be offensive two years in a row, and what do they have for that? Now, Barzal doesn’t have any trade protection so time to move him out.

Lou’s path with the Isles was to obtain, then overpay to retain. If he didn’t overpay to retain, it’s overpaying scrubs, which the fans would be complaining about too. UBS is not some magical solution that UFAs and top tier players are going ‘yeah, I’ll take less than fair market to play for the Isles.’

Right now with teams working LTIR and not a lot of cap out there, there’s no easy turnaround for any team.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lou over 400 games…4/5 years of playoffs, <15 games into the season. The OWNERS are pleased. Maybe the diehard fans aren’t, but so be it. The diehards complained all the way to b2b conference finals too…

I’ve been pretty clear that the Barzal contract was a bad contract right from the get go and Lou is/was 100% responsible for it. Barzal is 100% responsible for his own play - the team has given him the freedom to be offensive two years in a row, and what do they have for that? Now, Barzal doesn’t have any trade protection so time to move him out.

Lou’s path with the Isles was to obtain, then overpay to retain. If he didn’t overpay to retain, it’s overpaying scrubs, which the fans would be complaining about too. UBS is not some magical solution that UFAs and top tier players are going ‘yeah, I’ll take less than fair market to play for the Isles.’

Right now with teams working LTIR and not a lot of cap out there, there’s no easy turnaround for any team.
So Lou is the only one doing a good job? Okaaayyy.

• Haha
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lou has done a satisfactory job for what the owners want. Owners and fans have different needs and wants.
Are you sure? We don’t know that anymore. Lou’s contract may have been extended for 1 year. We don’t know because nobody says anything.

What I can tell you is Jon Ledecky sightings around UBS Arena are a rare thing these days. Not much afterglow to bask in anymore.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Are you sure? We don’t know that anymore. Lou’s contract may have been extended for 1 year. We don’t know because nobody says anything.

What I can tell you is Jon Ledecky sightings around UBS Arena are a rare thing these days. Not much afterglow to bask in anymore.
Its also possible Ledecky is very busy with his business, doing business things that business men do, and can’t get to as many isles games as he’d like

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Its also possible Ledecky is very busy with his business, doing business things that business men do, and can’t get to as many isles games as he’d like
He’s at every game. He just isn’t walking through the corridors as much anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00