Post-Game Talk (GBU): GBU: UberPecker is UberPerfect - AGAIN - Sabres beat Hawks 3-0

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good:

Luukkonen again was very calming and square to shots, in control and not giving up rebounds.
Girgensons with a goal. Appreciate him smashing Kurashev and trying to get him to go after the hit on EJohnson.
Peterka playing billiards again.
Ryan Johnson snapping things around. The kid belongs. That late shot block helping preserve the shutout was the best part of it for me, but 2 assists and some very good play all over the ice.
The penalty kill.

Bad:

The powerplay.
Still managed to give up half a dozen breakaways or partial breakaways to the Rockford Ice Hogs.
Lack of getting inside - perimeter play at five on five in the first was not winning hockey against a team that isn't half on the IR.
NST has them losing the 5-on-5 HD chance battle 6-5 and overall 9-7. To Rockford.

Ugly:

EJ getting boarded.

Last edited:

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
1000007176.jpg

Praise this man!

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I'm still torn on UPL.

The kid has looked great these last few starts and with he has back to back SO's but they were against the Sharks and the Hawks.. Hopefully he gets the nod for the TB game!

Either way, the kid does look more calm and confident in the net so hopefully this stretch only builds his confidence even more.

Last edited:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I'm still torn on UPL.

The kid has looked great these last few starts and with he has back to back SO's but they were against the Sharks and the Hawks.. Hopefully he gets the nod for the TB game!

Either way, the kid does look more calm and confident in the net so hopefully this stretch only builds he confidence higher.
UPL has looked good most games this year. Maybe a couple outliers and the game after he came back from being sick. That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Another ugly for me - Bryson back possibly because Davies got cheap-shotted last night by Attard and he might be done for the rest of the season. Davies was looking better than Clague to me and I thought if anyone should get the payday, it was him. Instead, Mitts' roomie returns.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
It felt like the Sabres didn’t take this game very seriously, possibly because of the opponent.

I know they doubled their shots and won 3-0, but something felt very casual about their effort. They kept trying to pass through multiple defenders and it never worked. Tage was working on his moves trying to deke the entire team. JJP bounced one in off the goaltender’s ear.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It felt like the Sabres didn’t take this game very seriously, possibly because of the opponent.

I know they doubled their shots and won 3-0, but something felt very casual about their effort. They kept trying to pass through multiple defenders and it never worked. Tage was working on his moves trying to deke the entire team. JJP bounced one in off the goaltender’s ear.
Iim oddly okay with the aloof play. They need to start trying stuff to get off their plateau, if they ng to dangle through the whole team ignites something or back to back shutouts turns a light in, I'm here for it. They just need to reign it in when it is time to play good teams because the 4 or 5 breakaways they gave up will end up in the back of the net against a Tampa/Boston

G- UPL, Quinn,JJ,Krebs,RJ,
B-Greenway,PP,
U- Greenway
Curious why you have Greenway in Bad and Ugly

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Bottom line Bad:

Remember all the Bad's that Chain listed in his GBU post above. Those haven't gone away and accurately characterize the problems this team possesses.

Until those are rectified, playoff's are a fantasy.

I mean geez.... it was Chicago ...... w/o Bedard!

Reactions: Ehran

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
As of now they have 44 points in 45 games. They probably need around 95 to make the playoffs which means 51 points in the 37 remaning games. That's a P% of 0.69

That's a very slim chance of making it, but still enough hope to make it interesting to me. They are at 0.71 for 2024 (with an easy schedule)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad