wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
g- Ennis had that nice goal early
-CoHo was pretty good guarding against Sedin early
-McBain scored

b- Lu had a rough homecoming
-CoCo with a few questionable passes
-CoHo giving up defensively on the Booth goal

u-Kassian 4 assists, put him ahead of Hodgson in even strength points this season, 22-20

Sedin ceremony was classy, liked the silver puck and the horse vacation seemed so random. The painting was awkward tho, why would he want a painting of himself?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
g- Ennis had that nice goal early
-CoHo was pretty good guarding against Sedin early
-McBain scored

b- Lu had a rough homecoming
-CoCo with a few questionable passes
-CoHo giving up defensively on the Booth goal

u-Kassian 4 assists, put him ahead of Hodgson in even strength points this season, 22-20

Sedin ceremony was classy, liked the silver puck and the horse vacation seemed so random. The painting was awkward tho, why would he want a painting of himself?

With respect for the OP, I'd like to change this to the AGBUPD thread...

Awesome = wunderpanda's recap without an overt hate-on-Hogson bias ;-)

Good = opening shifts, starting with Hodgson's ownership of Sedin in the dot, and culminating with the Ennis/Stafford duet on the first goal. Great start.

Bad = The middle and the end. Especially the part about being up 2-0 and magically giving away 4 consecutive goals.

Ugly = All the stupid Hodgson/Kassian commentary. Who cares. This game was about hockey, not a 2+ year old trade.

Pathetic = Magically giving up 4 consecutive goals (or did I mention that already?).

Delightful = Not needing a post-game AA meeting. Phew! Went 60 minutes without even worrying about drink refills to get thru watching Leino on the ice.

(FYI, about the H/K trade, it's done. Hodgson has found a good home in Sabre-land so we got a kid with a rep for quality character and a manageable contract somewhere between 1C and 3C, while Kassian (if he's equally lucky) will get his own development support over in Vancouver. Leave the kids alone.)

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
At this point, why is anyone even upset/surprised that the Sabres were up 2-0 and then let in 4 consecutive goals? Of course they did that! They're terrible. That's what their job is now" Royally disappoint and just plain suck.

For those with playoff hopes still in mind:

Assuming you need at least 92 points to get the final spot, the Sabres would have to win 22 of their last 11 games to get in.

If I was a betting man.....

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver

For those with playoff hopes still in mind:

Assuming you need at least 92 points to get the final spot, the Sabres would have to win 22 of their last 11 games to get in.

Playoff hopes?? What board have you been reading??
I've also heard several times that the sabres have been mathematically eliminated.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto

Seems about right... if we can win 22 of the next 11 games, we deserve to make the playoffs. :sarcasm:

Seriously... Ennis/Stafford were good again. The 4th line had some good moments, especially that 1 shift in the 2nd period. Oh... and Ristolainen looks ready for the show.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
We are pretty close to locking up last place.
The Oilers have 11 more points and have 10 games remaining
We have 11 games remaining.
We would have to win at least 6 of the last 11 and the Oilers lose all their games.

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014
Have you seen the Oilers play lately? That team looks like they are imploding.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
The Buffalo ‪#‎Sabres‬ need 19 goals in their 11 remaining games to avoid being the ‪#‎NHL‬'s worst scoring team, in terms of goals per game, since 1936.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Playoff hopes?? What board have you been reading??
I've also heard several times that the sabres have been mathematically eliminated.

I was thinking you didn't see the part where I said they have to win 22 of their last 11 games.

Granted, it's a tall order....but you know Stafford and Ennis when they get going!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad