Apr 30, 2011
Good: it's over

Bad: got pasted by a team doing worse than us

Ugly: 3.5 months to go of this clown show 😔 🤡

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
G: Not watching games anymore
B: Can't seem to stop following this team (hf, X, etc.)
U: I no longer care if they turn it around. I'm kind of fine with spending my time on more worthy things.
This echoes where I am at. Past the angry stage and at the apathy stage, but I still need something to do while on the john so here I am.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Anyone notice when a scrum broke in front of Ottawa net last game and Dahlin was taking punches to the head from Tkachuk, Clifton just watched it all go down.

He was brought in to be physical and Granato has coached that out of him.

This team is lifeless with no heart

Clifton's first couple of games here he was hitting and dropped the gloves even.
Now? Lifeless.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Anyone notice when a scrum broke in front of Ottawa net last game and Dahlin was taking punches to the head from Tkachuk, Clifton just watched it all go down.

He was brought in to be physical and Granato has coached that out of him.

This team is lifeless with no heart

Clifton's first couple of games here he was hitting and dropped the gloves even.
Now? Lifeless.
I mean to play devil's advocate Clifton would get worked in that embrace anyways. The fact that we are relying on Connor Clifton to be our enforcer or to simply protect our best player says more about roster construct than it does Clifton....

Reactions: BuffaloMango

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I mean to play devil's advocate Clifton would get worked in that embrace anyways. The fact that we are relying on Connor Clifton to be our enforcer or to simply protect our best player says more about roster construct than it does Clifton....
Hey now no one said enforcer. Girgensons and Okposo used to drop the gloves that doesn't make them enforcers. You are using an extreme example to try and prove a point.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It’s a debilitating addiction we all share.
It's wild that we were just unlucky enough to be fans of a craptastic sports city. Meanwhile, some lucky fools lucked into rooting for winning sports cities.

Also, I said weeks ago I wasnt going to watch another game unless they won 3 in a row. Ive held true to that when it's in my control. Now, I think Im just done with this season all together. Such an unlikeable group. From core players mailing it in for 80% of the season, to a coach who has fallen flat on his face in a 'next step' year, etc...

As @Beerz said, theyre a perimeter team, and I can't bring myself to watch a team like that. Im just incredibly peeved our 'core players' seemed to decide they don't want to put in the work to be a better defensive team all the while it appears the coach baby's them. They play for the coach when the fans get salty, then they go right back to playing like pansies.That may not be 100% accurate, but at face value, it certainly seems like that's what happened this season.

If things have changed since I stopped watching, please correct me, but given the vibes from many on here...it seems like it's more of the same.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Being objective, it's honestly hilarious that they missed another opportunity to secure their 2nd 2-game win streak of the season.

Being subjective, it's no wonder some of you are checking out.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
It's wild that we were just unlucky enough to be fans of a craptastic sports city. Meanwhile, some lucky fools lucked into rooting for winning sports cities.
Am I the only one who detests Vegas? 7 years ago no one in that city probably even knew what offsides was and they already won a cup. I'm going to come off jealous but it's not, good for them, whatever. Eichel aside, just pisses me off a team can walk right in and have that type of success while we're shit on year after year. I'm sure Vancouver and SJ fans probably feel the same

Reactions: bert and Dingo44

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They aren’t really underdelivering on what I expected given their refusal to change anything other than shitty third pair D men. This season was never going to be good...so it’s hard to be disappointed in it. My disappointment came in the off-season. Now is just the expected result of it. Waiting months for it to return…and disappoint again.

Dulind

A unique encounter, with an emphasis on safety
Aug 12, 2021
GB
Came into this season positive for the first time in maybe 12 years? I'm sure I was led astray at some point after drafting Eichel and Dahlin but... here we are again.

I can't be bothered to have an interest anymore. From shuffling talent on and off the roster while on the same coaching and GM carousel ... the one thing that hasn't changed throughout all the suck and despair is the guy at the top.

We haven't been good since the 'effing Golisano and Quinn era and even then, those guys didn't spend to win. Whatever, I have zero faith in this roster, management, and ownership to get it turned around.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Am I the only one who detests Vegas? 7 years ago no one in that city probably even knew what offsides was and they already won a cup. I'm going to come off jealous but it's not, good for them, whatever. Eichel aside, just pisses me off a team can walk right in and have that type of success while we're shit on year after year. I'm sure Vancouver and SJ fans probably feel the same

The Thunder were one of the most popular IHL franchises.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Your claim is if Clifton drops the gloves that makes him an enforcer.

Is that so hard to understand. I can dummy down my comment next time.

I never said anything about Clifton being an enforcer but you put those words into my statement anyways.

Since when did standing up for your teammates make you an enforcer?

Clifton stood up for his teammates in Boston but that has been coached out of him

Last edited:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It’s a debilitating addiction we all share.
1704199758458.png

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Your claim is if Clifton drops the gloves that makes him an enforcer.

Is that so hard to understand. I can dummy down my comment next time.

I never said anything about Clifton being an enforcer but you put those words into my statement anyways.

Since when did standing up for your teammates make you an enforcer?

Clifton stood up for his teammates in Boston but that has been coached out of him
Are you gonna be okay? Lots of hostility aimed at a relatively little comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad