Post-Game Talk: GBU + 3* (Game 24)

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Hard to have confidence in Allen, but he was generally very good tonight. And has been pretty darn good for about a half dozen games.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
You could make an argument that Allen stole this one. He made several very difficult saves on primo chances.

Our definition of stealing a game has been effected by how poor our goaltending has been lately. He let in two goals on 29 shots for a .931. That is a good NHL game for a goaltender, but a good NHL goaltender needs many more like it and some better. Sure Allen made some great saves but a good NHL goaltender needs to bail his team out a few times every game. We haven't been getting that prior. The two he let in were both stoppable, imo. One was undeflected from the point and the other only went in because he let the first shot go through his pads and then kicked it to an AV when he was flailing around trying to recover after Edmundson saved the first goal. Again, those things happen. Neither was an atrocious goal, but they aren't goals a goalie who is "stealing" the game lets in.

I'm not trying to bash Allen's performance. It was a solid night in net, and I'd give him one of the stars. I was glad to see it, especially when he stood tall on breakaways. But we need to get that type of night from our goalie a lot more often. Even if our entire team starts playing well consistently, we still need that ;eve; of play regularly in net. Varlamov was just as good if not better in the loss. Hard to "steal: a game when you aren't even the better goalie. We had 11 v 7 HD chances. 10 v 4 in 5v5. We out shot them 37 to 29. Varlamov had just as many nice saves if not more. That is what NHL caliber goalies do.

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Probably my last GBU posting. Starting nights imminently and I won't be around for the end of games.

As a committed minion, I've got ya, boss...
herve-villechaize-tattoo-fantasy-island-sex-scandals-8.jpg

Reactions: EastonBlues22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad