Prospect Info: Gavin Brindley, 34th Overall

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Didn't watch him much before the draft and what I did I wasn't really into him but after that interview and his energy and then watching... I really like this pick. He'll go back to Michigan for one more year, maybe two, and then come to the NHL. He's got a game that translates and can be a bottom 6 or middle 6 guy pretty quickly. Damn we are deep in prospects...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Everyday that goes by, it seems that the Columbus Blue Jackets got a steal when they drafted Gavin Brindley at #34. The Hockey News official mock draft had him being picked around 23rd, while others had him going a few picks later.

Today, The Daily Faceoff released their 2023-24 Prospect Pool Breakdown about Columbus and had Brindley at #5, ahead of Stanislav Svozil, Corson Ceulemans and Dmitry Voronkov. As deep as the pool is, it took a few by surprise to see him that high. The fact of the matter is, Gavin Brindley is good.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
watching highlights and interviews, he reminds me of a clone of cam. literally to a T.
Better passer/“playmaker” and stickhandler.

Probably a better overall skater, however, Atkinson had some pretty insane acceleration/straight line speed at 1 time and for a bit there. Bure-like. Unfortunately Cam can’t really stickhandle. Brindley’s puck control and skating agility look to be on another level than Atkinson.

While Atkinson didn’t/doesn’t have the greatest shooting mechanics and wasn’t the most accurate, he could fire it hard and was exceptional as scoring goals in close around the net, where I would consider his shooting “accurate”. Brindley looks to me like a better shooter overall than Atkinson and I could see his goal totals take a huge leap in the NCAA and it “translate” to the NHL.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

Brindley-Hagens-Perreault at work. Not a lot of offensive chemistry between the three in these clips but Brindley looks very solid defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad