Speculation: Gauthier still has fresh eggs in hid equipment!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Goat had a nice first 5gms but has been back to his rather ineffective self ever since. Hopefully keefe doesn't have him as an automatic regular in his head already.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
This image tells the whole story ... that has to be said ...
upload_2019-11-25_13-27-4.jpeg

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I like Goat, i mean who doesn’t here ha. He better reinvent himself if he wants to stay in the Nhl. I don’t dislike him but he has stagnated and is being caught by a very good prospect pool. He could dominate physically if he is in to fighting for a job. Just sayinnnnn
Leafs prospect pool? At C?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’m not going comment any further than to say that if he doesn’t man up his game soon, he will not be around the league as much as he has been accustomed to. The guy won’t even do eye contact with opponents that challenge him??????? Red flag for me!

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I’m not going comment any further than to say that if he doesn’t man up his game soon, he will not be around the league as much as he has been accustomed to. The guy won’t even do eye contact with opponents that challenge him??????? Red flag for me!

A post/comment, to declare that they won't post/comment again.

I swear, people just need someone to hate on this team. It doesn't matter what is going on.

This for a guy who;

Leads the team in hits/60
55% in the dot, second best on the team with 82% D zone starts.... winning faceoffs in the area where it is so critical to do so.
Lowest GA/60 of any regular Leaf forward.... Imagine that, starting in your Dzone over 80% of the time
Matthews and Tavares start in the Ozone 60% of the time, and still having GA/60 nearly DOUBLE that of the guy consistently starting in the Dzone 80% of the time.

The coaches trust him, to ensure that the other team doesn't score when he's on the ice... and they don't. He's the very definition of a low event player, that just runs the clock, until our more talented players, can attempt to do the scoring for our team. It's a strategy, and it works. All for $675,000, but because big guy doesn't fight, or even give his opponents the pleasure of looking them in the eye, people have a problem with him... I can only guess, it's because they don't understand his role.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
What does he do so well that everyone loves this game of his besides faceoffs! Matthews has more blocked shots for example. Mitch has same amount. He’s a myth. Better talent on this team and he better start reinventing himself of he will only be playing Nhl as a callup I’m calling.

He needs to start hitting and engaging. Maybe he is a chicken buck buck lol, big chicken. Next game i wish him luck. So break a egg Goat
Matthews is on the ice more so pucks should hit him more. Dude we should throw you to Babcock islands.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
A post/comment, to declare that they won't post/comment again.

I swear, people just need someone to hate on this team. It doesn't matter what is going on.

This for a guy who;

Leads the team in hits/60
55% in the dot, second best on the team with 82% D zone starts.... winning faceoffs in the area where it is so critical to do so.
Lowest GA/60 of any regular Leaf forward.... Imagine that, starting in your Dzone over 80% of the time
Matthews and Tavares start in the Ozone 60% of the time, and still having GA/60 nearly DOUBLE that of the guy consistently starting in the Dzone 80% of the time.

The coaches trust him, to ensure that the other team doesn't score when he's on the ice... and they don't. He's the very definition of a low event player, that just runs the clock, until our more talented players, can attempt to do the scoring for our team. It's a strategy, and it works. All for $675,000, but because big guy doesn't fight, or even give his opponents the pleasure of looking them in the eye, people have a problem with him... I can only guess, it's because they don't understand his role.
I second this or the make a Stickey. With every name they chrip about. Some people are just lost souls.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Gauthier is a 13th forward, nice to have around, but doesn't do much. I really don't like him on the PK, he doesn't move particularly well from a stop, has a hard time keeping up with the play, he's basically a big pylon out there.

Curious to see what Keefe does with him. I don't think he was a real favourite of anyone to be honest, but he filled a fourth line center need. I always viewed the Spezza signing as an attempt to upgrade Gauthier on the fourth line, that was the thinking. Gauthier had a nice camp, won a job, but he's fallen back into black hole offence, with just okay defense. His line has cycled the puck well at times, so there is that, not much else...

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
We've got SDA and Brooksie behind him. Neither projects to be 4C material.

Gauthier does his job. Cycles the puck in the o-zone, takes faceoffs and gets the puck out of our zone. I'm happy if our 4th line does just that for 9 minutes a game and doesn't get scored on. We have a blitzkrieg top 9.

Reactions: Ciao

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
He's been used as a bottom 6 C since he started with the Marlies. It's safe to say that he's been groomed for this. If he wasn't drafted in the 1st round, this wouldn't be a thread.

Reactions: Ciao and Mad hatter

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
He should be called Royal Dalton
Hilarious.

Listen, I'm in my 40s. I wore 17 when I played forward as a kid. I love big hits too. I wish he had a bit more if a snarl.

The fact is, he's a smart player who knows how to separate player from puck effectively without crushing them. With his size and the dainty state of the league he would end up getting penalized. This is who he is. Team Canada U21 didn't select him either time he represented to score goals or destroy people. He's only going to get smarter.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Hilarious.

Listen, I'm in my 40s. I wore 17 when I played forward as a kid. I love big hits too. I wish he had a bit more if a snarl.

The fact is, he's a smart player who knows how to separate player from puck effectively without crushing them. With his size and the dainty state of the league he would end up getting penalized. This is who he is. Team Canada U21 didn't select him either time he represented to score goals or destroy people. He's only going to get smarter.
But he won’t get quicker or faster

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I would like to see some footage of him getting boxing lessons in the off-season instead of footage riding in a golf cart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad