Gaudreau's Lady Byng and discipline for diving

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
To be honest, Granlund should've won it. Never dives or takes a frustration penalty. Only competes hard and gives his all.

Lady Byng and Gaudreau just feels wrong.

Not that i care though.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The awarding of the Lady Byng is a travesty and has been for a long time. This isn't especially surprising.

Equally unsurprising is the same HFBoards' fondness for commending players for being so classy! :handclap: no other athletes do this! when they give a puck to a fan at a game while declaring this award a joke and they don't want players like that on their team

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Kanye hot take:

Johnny Byng has a ring to it. What a classy and gentlemanly player. Most deserving in the league.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
OP is correct. A propensity for diving/embelishment is actually more unsportsmanlike than a propensity for taking a lot of hooking/tripping penalties. Don't get me wrong: it's all competitiveness and nobody should be shocked that sometimes minor rules are broken.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I'm not too upset with it. Seeing the amount of uncalled penalties taken against him vs the one penalty he took all year is pretty crazy

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
I've always looked at the Lady Bing like,
who would I pick if I had to fight one guy in the NHL ...... So i think they got it right this year.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
such a stupid award... how is a guy who got slapped on the wrist for diving a lady byng winner? :laugh:

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I can't help but think a player is a little embarrassed at winning a Lady Byng award, I mean the name itself is unmanly, and it is awarded for the most "gentlemanly" player which is another slap in the face in a supposed tough guy league.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
This award should be by other players. It would actually mean something when it would be the guy other players in the league respect the most.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's basically just the "scored the most points without too many PIMs" award at this point. Like a lot of the awards, it's pretty stupid these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad